DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Posability?!?!?

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
siliconeluvvv
Active Poster
Active Poster

Posability?!?!?

Post by siliconeluvvv »

Ok, so I know this topic has been touched on before on this forum but I have never really found the exact answer. Just how pose able are PIB's? I are they like RD's where you can pose a leg up in the air and it will stay (prior to joints loosening that is)?? What happens if the doll is laying on back and you pick a limb up in the air and let go? Does the limb flop back to the ground or stay posed? I don't know why but I can't seem to figure this out from previous posts and all the pictures I've seen of PIB's, the limbs seem to be supported by something when posed.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Posability?!?!?

Post by toonist »

Hi,
Our joints are not like those with screws/hinges...nothing to loosen or get jammed.
In November we began using new inner attachments to the joints to enable them to hold poses better.
Our dolls still have their flexibility , but can support themselves when sitting up now. Pretty cool.
No, the arms do not flop down. Nor do they have that Frankenstein rigidity. It's a really nice version of flexibility/posability.
You won't hear any creaks in the joints either. We are posting a few new videos to our website this week along with lots of new photos.
One of the vids shows the pose-ability of the hands, and we'll be taking new vids of the new body as well. We'll incorporate some that show the version of strong joints we now have. It's fun, and much easier, to put her head on and adjust her wig now that she can hold herself up...it helps! :)
Only a couple of collectors have this new version so far.
Thanks, P

siliconeluvvv
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by siliconeluvvv »

toonist wrote:Hi,
Our joints are not like those with screws/hinges...nothing to loosen or get jammed.
In November we began using new inner attachments to the joints to enable them to hold poses better.
Our dolls still have their flexibility , but can support themselves when sitting up now. Pretty cool.
No, the arms do not flop down. Nor do they have that Frankenstein rigidity. It's a really nice version of flexibility/posability.
You won't hear any creaks in the joints either. We are posting a few new videos to our website this week along with lots of new photos.
One of the vids shows the pose-ability of the hands, and we'll be taking new vids of the new body as well. We'll incorporate some that show the version of strong joints we now have. It's fun, and much easier, to put her head on and adjust her wig now that she can hold herself up...it helps! :)
Thanks, P

Patrick,

Thx for the quick answer. Obviously the reason I'm inquiring about this is because I'm interested in your product and I think visually they are amazing I just have some reservations about the lack of posability in the joints. I have owned a RD before and when the joints went limp, the enjoyment was sort of gone for me and it became more work than it was worth.

So I guess my next question to you is now that the legs have SOME sort of joint, what happens if the PIB was laying on her back and u lifted a leg off the bed, what would happen if you let go of the leg? Does it flop back down onto the bed or hold a pose?

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

One of the strong points about PIB for me is not having to worry about joints loosening and so forth. As far as posing goes, they can be posed in all sorts of natural, relaxed positions from what I can see. The shape of the gorgeous body just seems to have this natural and elegant flow, instead of a stiff and ridged look. This makes PIB pretty distinctive in that regard and is in part why I have decided to buy one in the coming months.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

And just what's wrong with creaky joints?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

well after seeing that picture and words i will never say those lines lol ! isn't that the one from throw mama off the train? 8O

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

8O 'Snap Crackle Pop! :?

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM173OdZmM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmxikzpp ... re=related

'Contortionists are a real turn on !'
:twisted:

NOTE: 'Call an 'electrician' if turned on for more then 5 hours!' :lol:
Attachments
04291448[1].jpeg
04291448[1].jpeg (167.08 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
joyce%20%20models%20(64).jpg
joyce%20%20models%20(64).jpg (55.16 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

siliconeluvvv
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by siliconeluvvv »

No one really answered any of my questions since P's first post. And Dave the pic you show merely shows flexibility as gravity becomes the force in pose ability. Does anyone actually have any answers to my actual post (second post) in this thread?

Alabina21
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alabina21 »

siliconeluvvv wrote:Ok, so I know this topic has been touched on before on this forum but I have never really found the exact answer. Just how pose able are PIB's? I are they like RD's where you can pose a leg up in the air and it will stay (prior to joints loosening that is)?? What happens if the doll is laying on back and you pick a limb up in the air and let go? Does the limb flop back to the ground or stay posed? I don't know why but I can't seem to figure this out from previous posts and all the pictures I've seen of PIB's, the limbs seem to be supported by something when posed.
PIBs are not posable.
Only arms and wired fingers are.
You pick up a limb and let go in mid-air it will flop back to floor.

Hope thats the exact answer you were looking for.

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

toonist wrote:Hi,
No, the arms do not flop down. Nor do they have that Frankenstein rigidity. It's a really nice version of flexibility/posability......
Thanks, P
It seems to me that thanks to a new innovation that the arms won't simply flop down if you let them go in midair. I'm guessing that the legs would though because of their weight. I haven't checked the PIB site this week, but you might want to do that siliconeluvvv, so that you can see the new pictures that Patrick talked about.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

siliconeluvvv
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by siliconeluvvv »

@Alabina thanks exactly the answer I was looking for. Everyone seemed to be beating around the bush.

@Icognito thanks I'll check it out

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

timetraveler1 wrote:well after seeing that picture and words i will never say those lines lol ! isn't that the one from throw mama off the train? 8O
Yeah :D
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS