teddy-babes.com

Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

Post by Gaijin »

Purple works well there.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Here's my cheap-and-easy closed eyelids

Post by Zang »

It's true that felt can be a shade "translucent" over the eye decal, at least in the regular flesh-tone. However, as NotMyName suggested and cosycottage demonstrates, colored felt does indeed work for an "eye shadow" effect, better than I thought it might at first. Good!
:thumbs_up:

I wonder if this is starting a fashion trend? Maybe real soon it'll be "all the rage" for Teddy Babes!

muffy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by muffy »

Kool idea .. :idea: :idea:

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

I would also love to see the "half-open" lids. Thanks for this idea!

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Nice work Zang

I think she had a rough night, :drinking:

Check out my Gallery:

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Nice pics and cool idea. Eyelashes might be another thing to try.
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

Aileron429
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aileron429 »

Nicely done Zang, this is definitely going to be one of the next little mods for KM. Currently when napping she wears her eyemask but she complains about the elastic strap on occasion getting tangled in her hair so this will be a most welcome solution.......
Sleeping Cutie Indeed!
Suki koso mono no jouzu nare
What one likes, one will do Best

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

dollluver73 wrote:Nice pics and cool idea. Eyelashes might be another thing to try.

Ahem.
eyelashes
eyelashes
kiko felt purple closeup.jpg (92.72 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
Few people have accused me of being too subtle, so I'll take it as a compliment :P

:mrgreen:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Aileron429
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aileron429 »

Here's a hurried first attempt as I'll be out of town again starting tomorrow, I can see the potential for some interesting looks! Another round of applause to Zang and Jayna for inspiration, Thanks
Attachments
Wonder what She's dreaming about?
Wonder what She's dreaming about?
IMG_1566.JPG (102.49 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
Keiko chan napping as usual in the early evening
Keiko chan napping as usual in the early evening
IMG_1563.JPG (96.3 KiB) Viewed 4155 times

YellowTowelSOF
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by YellowTowelSOF »

Wow. The Teddy Babes look absolutely gorgeous with a simple addition of closed eyes. When I can finally purchase one of my own I will have to do the same.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

As I am quite sloppy with doll modifications it took some time until I tried, and now I regret that I did not tried earlier.
It is really very easy, and even though my first attempts are far from perfect, I think the result is stunning:

I just followed Zang's instructions, and even though I had problems getting the paper template right (for some reason the template of the left eye has a different shape than the one from the right eye 8O), and even been clumsy when cutting the felt around the template, the second attempt went out usable. (The first was too small, did not cover their eyes).
Anyway this is so easy even a monkey like me can do it. ;)
Beside of the "eye shadow" version I also made a "natural one", but the felt has been a bit too bright (in my local hobby store they did not have a better selection). Still it looks nice.
sleeping2-web.jpg
sleeping2-web.jpg (41.11 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
I can confirm that the felt parts stay on place without tape even when carrying around the doll carefully. I even got the impression they would stay in place if handled less careful, but then, who would do that?

The girls thanked me a lot and are now catching up sleep of pretty half a year. Me, I am looking forward to finding a cosy place in the bathtub to make a nap.

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

*Slack-jawed* Woah! Awesome, awesome work! 8O It's amazing what a difference a simple modification can make. Nice!

I'll be (more than likely) getting a Teddy Babe Deluxe in May, so this will be very useful. I have always wanted a doll whose eyes I could close.

I was actually looking into my Candy8Teen Jessie's eyes last night and thinking, 'poor girl, you're eyes must get so dry.' At least my TBD will be able to sleep in comfort! Hmm...maybe with a flap of silicone or latex or whatever, I can make some eyelids for Jess! :D

I have a couple of ideas on the eyelash thing. Maybe you could get some black thread and make stitches across the end of the eyelids to roughly duplicate the look and texture of eyelashes. Potentially, you could get some stiffer, plasticky thread or fiber, then run it in and out of the eyelids, tying it off in the middle, so you have either end of the fiber sticking out, forming eyelashes of a sort. They'd possibly be pretty course and scratchy (I'm thinking the sort of thread doctors use to make stitches, for a reference), and thus unpleasant. But, it's an eyedea. :lol:

Good work! I'll definitely be using this when I get my TBD (hopefully) in May!
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

Ran Ikeniwa
Doll
Doll

Post by Ran Ikeniwa »

I wish I could close my eyes. :( You can't imagine how sore these baby blues get after staring for several hours.
Dry eyes are dry...and itchy. Yuk.
Dry eyes are dry...and itchy. Yuk.
ran's_portrait_1.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
Great work! Your lady is very, very lovely! She looks nice and cuddlable. I love her hair, too! <3

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi Megami!
I am still baffled how this small modification causes such a big effect, even if done less than perfect.
I guess with silicone dolls this is much harder to achieve, because the usually have upper eyelashes, which need to "vanish" somehow. Aside of that trying to find a material which can be put into the proper shape might be tricky. I wonder if cutting pieces out of an old plastic jar or the like might result in properly curved pieces. After all the eyelids do not need to be soft to create the visual effect. (Of course it would be nicer if they do.)
Oh, and if you can afford it, I think a Teddy Babe is a valuable addition to every household, so good news that you plan to get one. (Well, I am biased, of course. ;))

I wonder if one cannot use felt eyelids on inflatables. Of course it is kind of material mismatch, but as it is really easy to do it, maybe it is worth a try.

Hi Ran Ikeniwa-san, if you are not afraid of soft felt, maybe you can ask Megami if she makes you some eyelids to give your beautiful blue eyes a rest. :)

Aileron429
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aileron429 »

Great Job Tchon, the girls look so peaceful slumbering and immersed in their Teddy Babe dreams :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS