Starpery.com

a new possible hour glass figure technic for latex dolls .

Got an idea? Need an invention?
time traveler

a new possible hour glass figure technic for latex dolls .

Post by time traveler »

after seeing the ramsdale site and seeing the breast forms made from styrofoam molded peices , why couldn't this technic be used for putting in wider hips thus forming a hour glass figure the hips could be made of what ever material nessesary. any comments ?? also what about pre molded leg shapes(styrofoam ??) to cover the jointal skeletons?? this would give the latex dolls a more smoother leg look instead of a cellulight look.

nos4a2

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

Nada

Post by Nada »

nos4a2 wrote:I've been pondering the same <a href="http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... c50b6c8ec3" target="_blank" class="postlink"> thing. </a>

I'm assembling all the stuff & junk I need to at least do the arms and legs that way, since they're problem areas for stuffed dolls. I'm pretty sure that I can shove them through the neck hole, though I'll probably have to make a compression bag to get the thighs to fit.

The pelvis is right out. It has to be dense in order to simulate bone. Unless I can come up with a way to build it in pieces or layers and then reassemble it inside the doll (lots of velcro comes to mind), I won't be able to compress the foam enough to fit through the neck. It has to integrate with the armature's pelvis, which already a complicated thing.

I think that Nada has this idea totally nailed: prefab foam pieces with integrated PVC bones and socket joints, spray on silicone in lots of thin layers and presto! Articulated silicone foamie.

I have to limit myself to what I can accomplish on my kitchen counter, so that's several bridges too far.
... Those stuffing and final-dimension engineering plans on Nick's Ramsdale site will give you the some of the very best internal-structure plans...

(For me... I wouldn't want hard bones for a bedroom doll.) Sorry... It's just me... :)

But, prefab foam-pieces for almost every leg and arm piece with simple ball-socket joints covered, on at least one side, with a smooth hard plastic ball or socket,,, for smooth sliding,,, might make a lot of doll owner's Days!!!

... Jim Nada...
(Guess what could slide into a latex doll and become a near-realistic "solid doll"??? A vinyl doll will "balloon" without "expansion controls" and might always be a bit too round, all over... But, a fabric-doll with "controls", built right into it, might become a very interesting "little idea" of mine?) :?: Like::: look Ma.... "No excessive, cold plastics or hard glues and she smells much more natural, already!!!" 8)

nos4a2

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

time traveler

a foam for latex dolls legs etc.??

Post by time traveler »

this could be what some others are talking about , how about the foam (some already round shaped like peple put on plumbing pipes to keep them from freezing up , to use in the legs and arms etc. in latex dolls ?? wouldn't this give the legs etc. a more filled and smooth look (depending of course on how well you did the job ) these foam materials going over the skeletal structure . how about it or is this what some are already talking about ?? it sounds feasable to me and this foam although sturdy i don't beleive would be to hard .

nos4a2

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

time traveler

the hips

Post by time traveler »

what about a three ? peice (seperate ) hips section that is assembled inside the doll ?? or a pre formed hips each put in seperate that attatch together (interlocking) 8) :?

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

I've just been catching up on this and related discussions - sounds like you guys have some interesting ideas.

I feel that as far as modifying dolls goes - in terms of retrofitting parts into latex inflatables - I've pretty much taken things about as far as they can go. I don't mean that my dolls are perfect or anything, and I'm sure that there could be incremental improvements made in lots of areas, but just that the basic process is nailed, and I think Ramsdale shows this quite well for anyone who wants to do the same sort of thing.

I'm interested in a new approach to doll construction, employing a kind of layered construction where a fairly accurate plastic skeleton is encased in a foam wrapping which is moulded to reproduce the shape of the musculature, then another layer is applied for the subcutaneous fat, then a final layer for skin. The Perfect Eve guy is doing something like this right now, but he works in silicone and his dolls have the usual problems with price and weight.

A layered approach would go some way to reproducing the feel of a human body which, not that I've ever felt one, but it's pretty obvious would be lacking from the solid silicone construction of a RealDoll or similar product. Also, to cut down on weight. I mean, Matt's view seems to be that the near-human weight of a RD is desirable because it makes the dolls pose realistically, and as far as sitting and lying down goes that's undeniable, but they're so heavy that sitting and lying down is all they can do, so you get RD owner's sites with endless galleries of dolls in sitting and lying-down poses and nothing else. I'd prefer to lose some realism in how the doll sits if it can be moved round easily, and especially left standing indefintely. I figure 20-40 pounds is in the right range.

Oh yeah, someone criticised fiberfill on account of it creates a lumpy appearance. I think that's a valid point, though variations in lighting can make the lumps seem worse than they are in photos, but I use it because short of moulding lots of individual foam pieces out of urethane or whatever, it seems the best and easiest solution for stuffing the doll.

Well, I don't really have a lot to add. It sounds like you guys are having some interesting ideas & it'll be great to see the dolls you build.

nos4a2

*PING* nicvncnt

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Nos4a2,

Still trying to build a full posable latex French madame 8) ?!?
Studying how to set up the skeleton I see.
Good luck.

mytime
One dream, one mission...

nos4a2

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

Midas

Post by Midas »

nos4a2 wrote: What kind (brand) of silicone did you use to make your foot casts? I'll be making mine from the feet of a Chasey Lain doll because they're the same size as the Madame's and much more realistic, but I'm a total novice with chemicals.
being the owner of stuffed doll that Nick made I feel I can answer this. the feet and hands were made from liquid latex. the brand is not really important. just aslong as you don't use that coloured stuff you buy in a sex shop. you can pick up some at a Michaels craft store.

Midas

nos4a2

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

nos4a2 wrote:That's right, he DID make them out of latex. Thanks for the tip. That part of the contruction is totally new to me, and it's what I'm most concerned about.
Hi Nos.

The only latex method I have used is dipping plaster casts into the liquid latex repeatedly to build up thickness. The latex I used had the appearance and consistency of milk. The finished products (industrial strength "condom-looking" sleeves to insert into doll mouths) all turned out kind of amber in color.

Is anyone else familiar with other products or techniques using latex that could be brushed-on, or can be colorized?

--Slate
[i][b]Inflatables...[/b]learn them, love them, live them![/i]

MarkY

Post by MarkY »

Talk to the SPX companies such as Burman industries (U.S.) and sculpture supply (in Canada). There are several types of mold latex of different thicknesses and different properties that you can buy. They vary from a very thin stretchy balloon latex to a very thick brush on type. You can also buy both intrinsic tints (added right to the rubber) and latex paints. Happy experimenting. :wink:

INFORMATIONS