www.wmdolls.com

Tools for modifying MQ's

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
dirtywretch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Tools for modifying MQ's

Post by dirtywretch »

I couldn't find a Blade anywhere today or even just a insert. So I took my Fleshlight insert (anal because I got it on-sale at a local store years ago) and put the trash bags back in and wrapped the insert in a sandwich bag and put that in. It fits perfectly. So in the interest of science I threw on a DVD and took 'er for a spin and it was fine. I could insert my fingers into the leg holes to feel where the insert (and my delicate member) was in relation to the metal shafts. This was with just the waist/torso piece, no legs attached and I tried it standing with the torso on a stool and sitting cowgirl style and both worked effectively and most important, comfortably.

Then I took a look at what happens when you attach the legs and found out that the metal leg rods insert so far through the shafts that they would meet. Meaning that it would form a rod completely across the torso unit. Which is good because that means that my concerns about rubbing against the edges of those shafts are unfounded. When I put the Fleshlight sleeve in it would by necessity be pushed up over the rod that would be formed as you can see in this shot:
Hanna-w-legs_attached.jpg
Hanna-w-legs_attached.jpg (265.12 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
So currently I feel that I could use this as is without foaming the interior. I could leave the plastic trash bags in as filler and as long as I put a bag around the base of the Fleshlight attachment it should be good. Now, looks-wise, I'm not going to have the realism that you have with your mannequin. But because of the internal moving parts of my particular model, I'm wanting to avoid the foam. So here's a picture of the torso with the Fleshlight sleeve attached.
Hanna-Fleshlight.jpg
Hanna-Fleshlight.jpg (293.36 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
I'm probably going to order the Blade, to see how that works, and one of the vaginal sleeves. Considering the ball jointed nature of my mannequin and the painted aesthetic I'm going for, I think this will work out in terms of "looks".

Thanks for your insight into using the cut hole as the lip for the Fleshlight insert. That's what really led me to figure this out.
Hassan I Sabbah "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Alfred E. Neuman "What, me worry?"

zettai
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by zettai »

Awesome thread! So much talent and useful ideas - and after this message I can maybe start sharing some of mine too :) [post count needed to post pics]

nothinglikeserenity
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by nothinglikeserenity »

Hi I saw MF's post on the plastic sitting mannequin..I take it that means Serenity cannot be modified well?:(
~She said I would die alone that no one would ever want me..(Looks like she was wrong)Pros:Does not cheat,food costs are low,Sex is great "No worries of competition with 300 other men a woman has been with",and she does not demand a SUV because her friend has one.Cons:Does not talk but sometimes that can be a Pro.I say the Pros out way the Cons~

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

zettai wrote:Awesome thread! So much talent and useful ideas - and after this message I can maybe start sharing some of mine too :) [post count needed to post pics]
Hi Zettai, you have 5 posts so you should be able to attach and post your pics now!
Looking forward to seeing your girl! :multi:
nothinglikeserenity wrote:Hi I saw MF's post on the plastic sitting mannequin..I take it that means Serenity cannot be modified well?:(
Hey NLS. The sitting mannequin would have required a lot of work because of the flat legs and there were a lot of other problems with it that made me decide to return it.

You can still modify the plastic mannequins with an insert - you will just have problems with getting paint and adhesives to permanently stick.
From what I've seen, the plastic mannequins are made from either polyethylene or polypropylene plastic - you can tell from the waxy feel that they have.
These plastics have a slight flexibility to them where fiberglass is very brittle so they will survive being banged around and dropped.

Nothing that I know of will permanently stick to these plastics not even superglue, so the fake fingernails may be be a problem.
I would recommend painting the fingernails with a gloss acrylic craft paint. The paint will stay on as long as you don't peel it off, but it will be easy to remove if you want to change the color.
You can get craft paint at Michaels or Hobby Lobby or any place that sells crafts supplies. You can even get it with glitter...
As far as the nipples, have you tried using a little double stick scotch tape to hold them on? Not sure if it will work but it may be worth a try.

MF
8)

nothinglikeserenity
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by nothinglikeserenity »

Well thanks MF for the reply I think I will try the tape and paint I have been hemming and hawing lately while saving up $$ for whatever I am gonna do lol.I think I will try these things but may also find me a fiber woman to join in:)
~She said I would die alone that no one would ever want me..(Looks like she was wrong)Pros:Does not cheat,food costs are low,Sex is great "No worries of competition with 300 other men a woman has been with",and she does not demand a SUV because her friend has one.Cons:Does not talk but sometimes that can be a Pro.I say the Pros out way the Cons~

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi all,

Today I thought I would try a little body blushing on Sammie's hand using some eye shadow.
The eye shadow I'm using here is New York Color #811B Island Sunset that I got at Walmart.
It's seems to be just about the perfect color and intensity for doing the blushing.
IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG (873.42 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
Just a little bit on a quickie sponge is all it takes - a little goes a long way. The eye shadow works very well - much better than the blush powder makeup I tried earlier.
It gives the appearance of a very subtle almost air brush like shading.

What's really nice is that if you don't like the way it looks you can just wash it off with a little soap and water.
When you are happy with the result just give it a few light sweeps with Krylon matte clear finish to seal it. I like to use the low odor type.
http://www.michaels.com/Krylon%C2%AE-Lo ... hes-krylon

I think I may try some of this also on her elbows, knees, outside of the ankles, etc. - places where skin is naturally a little redder in color.

MF
:)

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Between the nails and the blush, those hands look super!
Bet it works well on the whole body, too :thumbs_up:
Great mod demo, thanks for sharing!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

CharlieWone wrote:Between the nails and the blush, those hands look super!
Bet it works well on the whole body, too :thumbs_up:
Great mod demo, thanks for sharing!
Thanks Charlie for the compliment!

Another thing I've been experimenting with lately is a way to do the eyebrows more realistically.
I've been using the eyebrow tattoos (I've tried three different styles so far) and I'm not really that happy with them.
They tend to look a little too harsh and they end up looking more like paint than hair. They also have a shine to them which I find very unrealistic.

After some playing around I think I finally found a technique that might work pretty well...
IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG (140.79 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
Using an eyebrow stencil I lightly sketched the eyebrow shape with a pencil. Then using a toothpick, I applied a small amount of GE silicone II paintable caulk using a brushing motion to indicate hairs and kept adding small amounts of caulk and brushing with the toothpick until the shape was complete (left picture). Next after the caulk cured, I painted it with the skin color, and then finally highlighted the eyebrow with a dark brown eye shadow (right picture). What's really nice is that it gives the illusion of actual 3d hair while the eye shadow provides a soft transition to the skin.

What I really need right now is a mannequin head to practice on. Here's one that even has Sammie's head... 8O
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/h ... nlyHD.html

Something new to learn every day!
MF

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

I recently modified a plastic torso, but removing a hole near the crotch for easy insert of a fleshlight.
I prefer the smooth magical texture of mannequin, but she is a wonderful weight and a great lover. The head is a barber's practice head. :O)

"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

KiayanDom wrote:I recently modified a plastic torso, but removing a hole near the crotch for easy insert of a fleshlight.
I prefer the smooth magical texture of mannequin, but she is a wonderful weight and a great lover. The head is a barber's practice head.
Hey Dom thanks for sharing!
She looks great! It's cool how that head fits on the mannequin neck so well!

Good job and nice lingerie too!

MF
:D

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

Hi,

I recently posted about this in another topic, but I thought I would share here too.
I just modified a mannequin, and it turned out great! :O)
I used a Dremel to drill tiny holes in a circle, and then installed the lower half of a generic Fleshlight.

"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Congratulations on the successful modification, KiayanDom!

For those who are interested in more details and pictures, the other post can be found here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p496259

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Dom great job on the modification! :thumbs_up:
The Dremel is a very handy tool to have. I think I may invest in one of those for my next mannequin project.
Kiaya looks like she's ready for action now! Thanks for sharing!

And thanks tchon for posting that link.

MF
:D

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

MannequinFan wrote: Using an eyebrow stencil I lightly sketched the eyebrow shape with a pencil. Then using a toothpick, I applied a small amount of GE silicone II paintable caulk using a brushing motion to indicate hairs and kept adding small amounts of caulk and brushing with the toothpick until the shape was complete (left picture). Next after the caulk cured, I painted it with the skin color, and then finally highlighted the eyebrow with a dark brown eye shadow (right picture). What's really nice is that it gives the illusion of actual 3d hair while the eye shadow provides a soft transition to the skin.
MF
Looks great! That seems to be the technique used on my PIB girls. Works well, with a little texture and the
look of individual hairs. You can also mix in a dash of powdered eye shadow into the silicone to pretint the final
color. Just note that the mixing of the color into the caulk will speed up the set time, cause of the stirring. I tint
all my sil-poxy repairs on the girls, really helps blend in.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next :D

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Great thread and a question for dirtywretch regarding the MQ your mod'ing or to anyone else who may know.

The connecting rods and bolts your MQ has. Are they to hold the pieces together then to be torqued to maintain the MQ in a fixed pose or can the MQ still have some flexability?

If designed to be in a fixed pose, I wonder if a wave spring washer/s could be installed on the connecting rods where the appendages meet the torso, etc to provide tension, but still allow movement?

Also, have you tested the movement range of the legs as far as spread and pull back for missionary or doggy?

Thanks
rubherkitty
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS