realsexdoll.com

Duct Tape for repair?

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
ValleyOfTheDolls

Duct Tape for repair?

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

I am curious if anyone has ever used duct tape to fix their doll? It comes in many more colors now and as long as you get it in the right spot- I would think it would do the trick.

ValleyOfTheDolls

Re: Duct Tape for repair?

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

So far so good. Arden (Hannah Harper) had a leak where her neck meets the vinyl. I took a small piece of duct tape and put it over both the neck and vinyl and so far so good. It's bright green tape but since it's the back of her neck I don't even see it. Gotta love duct tape!

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Red Green would be so proud of you right now. :multi: :multi: :multi: :razz:
I am glad you found a way to fix her though. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: It will be interesting to see how the duct tape holds up for the long term.

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

The best with the strongest glue is the Gorilla duct tape. I use it when I am too impatient to glue and properly repair the doll with a vinyl patch but over time, the rip opens and air leaks from under the tape. Still, it's a great "quick fix".

I also use duct tape loops to stick wigs on the dolls.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I seen this post - but every time i meant to reply - i get caught up with something else - and poof i keep forgetting - :o

Many many moons ago - i did the duct tape thing - it sorta kinda makes a mess - and as T/9 states it really dont fix nothing just masks it as the rip then gets bigger and bigger - & then your looking a bigger repair job - if yer lucky - 8O

So i always use glues meant for fixing inflatable things - and vinyl repair patches for larger rips / tears - honest i find inflata-babes the easiest things to repair - and when a problem is minor - thats - the best time to repair her - as - it a little thing - waiting and or using tape - will only make a small tear - big - or Bigger - or worse - HUGE - :oops:

so go for the easy solution - fix her when its a tiny little problem - honest - thats the best time to get it done or as Larry the Cable Guy sez - " get her done"

oh and duct tape - leaves glue residue in strands that makes clean up prep for a proper repair with vinyl glues that much harder -

Happy Trails - :angel:

INFORMATIONS