Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Lurking around the forums, waitin on the girl...

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Raven917
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Lurking around the forums, waitin on the girl...

Post by Raven917 »

siliconelover wrote:The absolute best way to 'store' a doll is to have it hanging free (like in my photo).

Maybe you could place an eyebolt/lag into your ceiling somewhere to effectuate this.

That may be possible - just need to find a good spot for something like that. Thanks!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

NP Raven,

Maybe this will help ...
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 004.jpg
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 004.jpg (831.3 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 005.jpg
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 005.jpg (839.56 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 008.jpg
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 008.jpg (728.46 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 007.jpg
Doll Hanging Eye Lag in Ceiling w Chain & Carabiner 007.jpg (738.59 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Raven917
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Raven917 »

Well, I'm a little leery of putting bolts into my trailer, but I'll have to have a look. May be able to figure something out, though. Thanks again!

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Hi Raven917, welcome and congrats all at once! Man you know how to drop into the scene!
Make a stand. There's plans in the inventors corner forum.
Glad you're here!

Raven917
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Raven917 »

Lemminkainen wrote:Hi Raven917, welcome and congrats all at once! Man you know how to drop into the scene!
Make a stand. There's plans in the inventors corner forum.
Glad you're here!

Excellent, I'll go looking and see what I can work up - fortunately, I decided I was going to make this an opportunity to start fresh and clear out my place a little. So I at least have a good chance to figure out a place for a stand if I can't work up the chain. Thank you!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Raven917 wrote:One other question for the forum at large - I have a smooth leather easy chair - If I laid down a smooth cloth over the sitting parts, could I have the doll lounging in the chair for the most part without causing her damage? My closet space is practically nonexistent, so I'm down to letting her lounge in a chair or be lazy and take the bed whenever she isn't demanding my time.
Raven917 wrote: I decided I was going to make this an opportunity to start fresh and clear out my place a little. So I at least have a good chance to figure out a place for a stand if I can't work up the chain.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new girl!

Platinum silicone does not suffer from compression issues so she will be fine stored on a soft bed.

She'll be fine on the chair too with a soft towel on it.

However, a stand will make it a lot easier to dress her so that's still a good idea...

I wouldn't buy too many clothes before she gets there and you know how things fit... including making sure she fits into your life as you envisioned when placing the order...

Good luck and have fun!
My Doll Album is here!

Raven917
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Raven917 »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new girl!

Platinum silicone does not suffer from compression issues so she will be fine stored on a soft bed.

She'll be fine on the chair too with a soft towel on it.

However, a stand will make it a lot easier to dress her so that's still a good idea...

I wouldn't buy too many clothes before she gets there and you know how things fit... including making sure she fits into your life as you envisioned when placing the order...

Good luck and have fun!

All good points - I've already limited my spending after buying a few things that I believe will fit, and am holding off on any more. As to the stand, I will probably be whomping one up in due time, but at least I know that she can sit or lay down if I need her to. Thank you for the advice and the welcome!

On a personal note, I'm very jazzed to have gone through with this. The more I think about it, the less an impact the sexual aspect has on me. I'm digging the idea of having her around as an art piece and maybe even silent company - the way you keep a stuffed animal, only a lot larger, heavier and arguably prettier. :P

Another question, since I'm still in the business of asking and figuring things out: Do people make a habit of leaving clothing on their ladies during storage, or is it better to strip them down and make them sleep either nude or skimpy?

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Raven917 wrote: I'm digging the idea of having her around as an art piece and maybe even silent company - the way you keep a stuffed animal, only a lot larger, heavier and arguably prettier. :P

Another question, since I'm still in the business of asking and figuring things out: Do people make a habit of leaving clothing on their ladies during storage, or is it better to strip them down and make them sleep either nude or skimpy?
My girl is always dressed skimpy, she lounges around here in lingerie all the time. Never wears a dress... very distracting...

Not that I'm complaining. :wink:

But if you dress her up more, I can't see it hurting her if she stays that way for days or a few weeks. My girl has worn tight stockings for weeks without a problem.

You want to make sure everything she wears is color fast. Just wash everything a couple of times. Otherwise dark colors can stain the doll.

Some owners of newer dolls have recommended that the doll wear a bra whenever she is sleeping in bed under the covers with you at night. Apparently some have had issues with the nipple and areola, which are now applied after the breasts are molded, becoming detached due to the sheets rubbing against the breasts.

As far as silent company, these dolls are great for that! They have a real presence in the room. I cuddle with my girl at night and tell her my troubles and all my worries just melt away!
My Doll Album is here!

Raven917
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Raven917 »

ks wrote:My girl is always dressed skimpy, she lounges around here in lingerie all the time. Never wears a dress... very distracting...

Not that I'm complaining. :wink:

But if you dress her up more, I can't see it hurting her if she stays that way for days or a few weeks. My girl has worn tight stockings for weeks without a problem.

You want to make sure everything she wears is color fast. Just wash everything a couple of times. Otherwise dark colors can stain the doll.

Some owners of newer dolls have recommended that the doll wear a bra whenever she is sleeping in bed under the covers with you at night. Apparently some have had issues with the nipple and areola, which are now applied after the breasts are molded, becoming detached due to the sheets rubbing against the breasts.

As far as silent company, these dolls are great for that! They have a real presence in the room. I cuddle with my girl at night and tell her my troubles and all my worries just melt away!

Excellent, thank you very much. I'm increasingly pleased with the wealth of advice people have been chipping in for me and for others who are just getting into this.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Raven917 wrote:Well, I'm a little leery of putting bolts into my trailer, but I'll have to have a look. May be able to figure something out, though. Thanks again!
It's just a hole. Easy to patch up or plug. A stand is nice, indispensable but takes up room and doesn't allow 360 degrees of unobstructed access. With the right length of chain, it is possible to have intercourse several ways too ...

I have installed a few throughout my home. Just need to find the center of a ceiling joist.

Good luck in whatever you decide Raven.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Anybody ever bolted a doll to the wall? Should work just like a stand.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Mistress wrote:Anybody ever bolted a doll to the wall? Should work just like a stand.
The dolls come with a hanger designed exactly for that.

It's great for storing the doll in a closet, out of sight....
My Doll Album is here!

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

ks wrote:
Mistress wrote:Anybody ever bolted a doll to the wall? Should work just like a stand.
The dolls come with a hanger designed exactly for that.

It's great for storing the doll in a closet, out of sight....
Or in plain sight, like a piece of art. Next to your bed, or in your home office. I just wondered why nobody mentioned that, while it's so obvious. Next to your bed, instead of that little table with your alarm clock :multi:

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Yes, member Rafili has his dolls lined up this way.

As ks states, RD's & BT's come with a bracket for doing this. This does put some stress on the doll though as it is not hanging freely.

Only by a chain from overhead can this be accomplished, hanging freely with zero stress placed upon her skeleton and silicone.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

I've never used my wall bracket, it's still in the box. No need to hide her, and I just 'store' her on the bed or sitting in a chair.

I think the wall bracket would be more awkward than a stand or chain.

You would have to lift the doll up, facing you, and get the eyebolt on the back of the doll precisely over the protruding hook on the wall bracket, and lower her down. Bear in mind you are doing this while standing in front of the doll, and her back to the wall, so you would not have a clear view... and you would have to lift her by the underarms I guess? Not good...

Maybe you could 'bridal carry' her and set her on the wall hook and lower her down. I'm not going to mount the bracket to the wall just to try it though.

Also would be more difficult to dress her using the wall bracket as opposed to a stand, for the same reason, her back very close to the wall.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS