Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Perfume?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Perfume?

Post by midnight »

Hello folks, I havn't seen this question brought up..... is a little perfume OK for a RD, or is there something in it that would be harmful to her skin?
As I type, I'm thinking that even if it's OK, the fragrance you choose might just stick around longer than you want it to......just wondering....
(I've been here long enough now, so I don't worry about asking a dumb question.) :razz:

...midnight.....

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Doll comes w/perfume, so it's okay. Go easy on the stuff. One squrt across the collar bone is enough - maybe another down beloowww...

I'm glad someone brought up the topic of perfume.
Has anyone heard of a perfume that smells like lilacs?
If so, what's the name of it?
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

coinneach
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by coinneach »

http://tinyurl.com/3xlbp

There's a lilac hairspray in the list. I wouldn't get it, myself, as that was my last gf's favorite scent and it would cause a great deal of pain... just glad Matt doesn't have a 5'3" 36C-26-39 doll. :lol:

Galland

Post by Galland »

Hi all

I have been thinking about this too. I am a bit allergic to perfume, but some work, and it would be nice to be able to give her some of the favourite scent sometimes.
"We're not computers, Sebastian. We're physical."

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

The effect of perfume on a Realdoll is dramatic. It expands her aura so that her presence reaches outward and fills the space. It makes her more real than ever.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Everhard wrote:The effect of perfume on a Realdoll is dramatic. It expands her aura so that her presence reaches outward and fills the space.
Very poetic, Everhard :) I'm gonna pick out a "scent" for Melanie tomorrow :!:

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Svetlana likes...er...I like Victoria's Secret Rapture, Victoria's Secret Heavenly Angels - Divine, and Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria, depending on my mood. If I manage to get behind a woman wearing Rapture, I just about lose my mind it gets me so turned on just about regardless of what she looks like. It's like that scent is hardwired into the sexual center of my brain, and ironically, I have never dated or had sex with anyone who wore it. I just stumbled on what perfume it was called because one day a co-worker had just put some on that she had bought and I caught a whiff of it and asked what that was. There are some perfumes that have the exact opposite effect on me. They are so repulsive to me that its hard to view the person positively no matter how attractive they are. They are as big a turn off as B.O. or bad breath (Maybe because somewhere my brain figures a scent like that is only there to mask those kinds of odors). The sense of smell is a funny thing. One man's or woman's eau d passion is another's eau d revulsion.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Thanks, Inuyasha....that's a great place to start shopping. Melanie loves (and so do I,) Victorias things. I'll visit my local store tomorrow, I'll check out "Rapture."

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Boater »

My ex still uses that Liz Talyor purple crap and that is such a turn off for me when my kids hug me after hugging her....yuk!
I haven't applied any scent to Leyna...strange as it may seem, I love her silicone smell. Very suttle....butt for some reason...I like her smell from day one!
"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips..." "The Righteous Brothers"

quatlox
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by quatlox »

Inuyasha,

That scent is hardwired into your brain.

It is a basic fact of aromatheropy that when you smell a scent that means something to you, it will ingrave it into your mind.

When I smell a flannel shirt, the first thing I think of is my Grandfather getting ready to go hunting. What a memory from the smell of flannel.

But, When I smell Avons "sweet honesty", the first thing to come to mind is my first girlfriend that I had sex with at 15 and that was 30 years ago. Ahh, what a memory. To this day I put "sweet honesty" on my dolls. It brings back that virgin scent to me and it is heavenly.

Yes, use the scents for the senses. It can bring back the memories very fast. They say that the sense of smell is attached directly to the brain and is an instant response. That is also why the brain holds those smells forever in the memory.

quatlox

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

:crazyeyes: Great stories....I too, can't get over the "silicone love" scent that she came home with 8)
And, to this day, I smell Johnsons baby shampoo and think of my 17 yo girlfriend ( I was 17 to, so it's ok) she had really long hair so, that's all you could smell :roll:

One "enchanting" fragrence I know is "Bijan"......but that comes from a "failed" relationship; too bad, it smells great :cry:

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

quatlox wrote:That scent is hardwired into your brain.
It is a basic fact of aromatheropy that when you smell a scent that means something to you, it will ingrave it into your mind.
Hey, a favorite topic! It's strange how many men associate a certain perfume with their girlfriends. I adore cologne on men (most of my dates wouldn't wear it) and it was such a turn on when this certain guy wore Cool Water. When he sat in the passenger's seat of my car, the scent would rub off on the neckrest & linger for days :D

In the summer I like body mists like Calgon's Fresh Sorbet. Winter I wear Givenchy Organza or Indecence. Organza has honeysuckle and jasmine for a warm floral fragrace, the other has vanilla and amber musk for a spicy vanilla scent--very sexy. My ol' man could care less about what I smell like, but I like trailing a seductive scent :D

Rainy

Glory

Post by Glory »

Raingirl wrote:
quatlox wrote:That scent is hardwired into your brain.
It's strange how many men associate a certain perfume with their girlfriends.
That actually reminds me of a funny story. I wear Caleche by Hermes. It's not a "trendy" scent ( I think it came out quite awhile ago) so it's not that common to find someone wearing it.

Once my ex was at a conference in Seattle and apparently talked to a woman who was wearing it (or something that smelled extremely similar). He'd never smelled it on anyone prior to meeting me, and since we were in an LDR and didn't see each other all the time he associated it with the times he and I were together.

He said at some point talking to her he was thinking about that and his mind wandered. The woman apparently noticed that and said something like " are you alright ?" and he said "yeah, sorry Gloria". Of course the woman was even more confused and my ex was embarrassed as hell :lol:

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Rainy,
I know that I don't usually wear cologne when I first go out with someone. If I have gone out with the lady a couple times and I am at a mall, I will conveniently have run out of cologne and ask if she would like to help me pick out some. I have yet to meet a woman who didn't jump at that opportunity. Then I know I'm not spraying something on that smells foul to her (Pretty sneaky Inuyasha... :lol: ). I like wearing cologne on dates, if I know that is something the lady likes smelling, but I know that the wrong cologne can be really unpleasant and spoil and otherwise promising date. Maybe women aren't as hardwired with their noses as I am, but I would expect that they are.

I went on a date one time with a woman who while we were at the restaurant, I couldn't smell her perfume over all the food smells in the restaurant. After dinner we were going to go see a figure skating event, so we both took my car. God, I thought I was going to wretch at some point over the next few hours. I couldn't get out of that arena and get her back to her car fast enough. It was well-below freezing, but I drove home after I dropped her off with the windows down and came home and took a shower, and I could still smell that foul perfume for days. I wish I knew what it was, because I could call up Rumsfeld and tell him I found out where the missing chemical weapons from Iraq went... :lol: .

Your old man may not act like he cares what you wear, but wear the wrong thing and I bet he will. We are mostly big, dumb guys, so we tend to think in terms of (Using a caveman voice) "Woman smell good" or "Woman smell bad."

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

All these names of perfumes...
It's too bad it's so difficult to describe what they smell like. That way someone reading might want to try it.

I think they ought to have something like I've been to: Wine Tasting. If they had Perfume Scenting, I could go and see what I'd like for Darlene.

Cologne? Me - very rarely, but more often when I was younger.
I liked Deep Woods by Avon, and Invictus by Amway. I think they discontinued Deep Woods many years ago. Heck - Deep Woods was like 1977 to about mid-'80s. Didn't realize it was so long ago. Invictus (hope that's the right spelling) was from the 80's.

The last decade I've gotten so many free gifts of cologne and wear it a lot less often, so I've not bought any since about 1990.

Anyone know if there are places where you can sniff a few diferent perfumes from a few manufactures?
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS