Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Peeling skin ?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Peeling skin ?

Post by midnight »

Hello, I'm still learning and asking questions about my two week old RD ownership experience........(thanks everyone)

Melanie has a small area on her cheek (face cheek, that is :? ) That resembles what happens to a human, when they get sunburn; I.E. a very thin (VERY thin) "layer" of skin that is peeling.
I have tried to just sort of pick away at it, but I don't want to over-do that.

Does it make any sense for me to think that, whenever I kiss her, my nose comes in contact with that excact area, and that my "skin oil" is doing that to her? Waaa Waaa....don't tell me that she's allergic to me :cry: :cry:

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hi, Midnight!

That sounds like abrasion. There's a very thin layer of pigment added to a Realdoll's face - rosy cheeks, makeup, etc. My understanding is that any kind of rubbing can get the layer peeling. (Powder tops the list of the usual suspects...) Since it's going to be difficult to replace, don't pick at it!

IIRC, you're not the first to have this problem. One of the collection of lucky gents who _owns_ a Realdoll should have a solution for you. (perhaps a thin layer of transparent liquid silicone as a sealant/patch??)

~B.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

My solution was to stop rubbing the powder. When I stopped rubbing, her face stopped peeling.

In Darcy's case, the patch was so small it was not worth worrying about. But of course, it would have been a lot bigger if I had continued rubbing.

As Paleo said, it isn't skin, but the face paint. A realdoll doesn't really have skin. It's just the outer surface of the solid chunk of siliicone.

The doll's face paint doesn't really peel in the normal sense, though. You're seeing the resultant bare patch, and I've seen it actually happen. It doesn't come off so much in flakes as in tiny particles the size of salt grains.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

As usual, I get great advice and input... I'm going to see if I can get a close-up shot of the area; that may help further in the diagnosis. :!:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

JR is right about this. I <i>never</i> rub powder, but put powder on Darlene's face once and saw salt grain sized marks and never did it again. It's no problem since I stopped right away.

Someone asked about kissing. I've never had a problem with that.
Except I've got a cosmetic repair job to do.
:oops: :oops: I recommend no kissing during orgasm. At that minute, I let the weight of my head rest - and now I've got an indentation to fix... :roll:

BTW, maybe other's experiences are different, but after 6 months, one doesn't really need to powder more than once a month. Almost all the tackiness is gone, but skin still feels better after powder and body being warmed.

After threads about Perfume, I figured more sterile idea was to use alcohol. I sponge bath less often and assume this will kill any germs better. I use same damp sponge and <i>pat</i> - not rub. Instead of water sponge bath and powder every ten days, I use alchohol every 2 weeks then powder.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

This is finally, a pic of the problem that Melanie's face is having...I do NOT rub powder on her face. I do not "do" anything with her face or mouth, other than kissing. (Perhaps I'm too emphatic with the kissing, I dunno.)
As you can see, the cheek area is peeling.....this becomes more evident when I powder her......I use a super soft powder brush when doing so...and I might add that this condition was beginning before I powdered her for the first time.

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... cat=&pos=0

It's not a complimentary pic of Melanie but, I have to find out what is happening.
Although you can't really see this on her pics, it's something that bugs me (and her, too!)

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Poor Baby!! :( :cry:

I hope someone can help her out. It almost loooks like cracking or drying out, but I have no firsthand experience.

Good luck, I'm sure somebody must have had this happen and will know how to treat it.

PBS

red_dragon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by red_dragon »

Perhaps Slade at realdolldoctor and/or Joey at Abyss can help.
http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/leslie

I want to be the kind of person my cat thinks I am.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

It looks horrible in that shot but, I had to post a pic that would really show the problem :cry: :cry: :cry:

You don't really see it if your just hanging around with her but, in bright light, it sticks out bad.

I have sent off an email to "slademan" the doll doctor. His work is nothing less than magic, and I will send her face to him for cosmetic repairs, if he is willing.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Compared to RealDoctor, that shot was nothing 8O Those shots make my stomach turn :lol:

She'll be fine, I hope. Keeping my fingers crossed :!:
And thankful that faces can be sent for repairs w/o the doll :D

She is a pretty girl regardless :)

PBS

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Midnight,

Don't be to emotional, I can understand, but she's a machine, and not a living being. Machines have one big advantage above human beings: Machines can be repaired. And I think If you're handy enough you can do that by yourself, with some advice, materials bought from Matt:D.
Good luck with Melanie!

mytime
One dream, one mission...

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

Post by Davecat »

midnight -

Holy craps! 8O Poor Mel.. hopefully it's nothing really serious..

Shelly's informed me that Matt will be away until mid-April, but Joey and/or Slademan should be more than capable ov helping you out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the pair ov ya.. :(
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I never had anything like this with Rebecca, but I do notice a sort of patchiness in the paint above her eyes. (Only noticeable when you look real close.) The problem goes away when I do her make-up, which covers her original paint anyway. If you can't find a better solution to the problem, that might be the answer: Apply make-up over it.

It might be worth mentioning it to Abyss. They might provide a solution. I have heard of this problem with another doll a few months ago and it strikes me that there may be a problem with preparing faces prior to painting, in which case they need to know about it.

(Woah! Davecat's post appeared while I was writing this one.)

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I haven't seen this either, and don't remember anybody else mentioning it before. It appears to be quite different from the peeling Darcy had, which had a quite obvious cause and solution.

Be sure to keep us informed of your progress with Abyss/Slade on this issue.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Gently poke a finger outside the patchy area, then inside the patchy area. Does the silicone underneath the surface seem a little harder than the silicone in surrounding areas??

If this is not the case, I'd call Abyss, and tell them you're sending an image attachment (maybe make it only 640x480 size) to an e-mail. I think someone would be able to offer better advice if they actually look at it.

Problem looks different than what JR and I were thinking.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS