Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Makeup, Hair, and eyes

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RDlove4me2
Active Poster
Active Poster

Makeup, Hair, and eyes

Post by RDlove4me2 »

I have a few questions for the veteran doll owners out there concerning makeup and hair. I have the doll I want designed. I have chosen which face I want. My question is. What kinds of makeup is best? Which will adhere to the silicone the best. For instance which kind of lipstick is best for staying on while shes performing a you-know-what?
My thought was to order the face in all natural colors and then applying makeup. So you tell me.
As for the wigs. Who manufactures wigs for the RD? My wife's cousin works for a hair styling supply company and they carry a brand name called Henry Margu. These wigs seem very high quality and there is a diverse variety of styles and colors availible.
Last question. I have heard talk of double-sided eyeballs being availible. Like say blue on one side and brown on the other. How much more would this cost?

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

The Make-Up. Not a bad band, and the bassist was a hottie

Post by Davecat »

Hi R2D2 :mrgreen: -
What kinds of makeup is best? Which will adhere to the silicone the best. For instance which kind of lipstick is best for staying on while shes performing a you-know-what?
D'ya mean a hummer? (sorry, had a Corben_99 moment there. ;) )
You'll want to stick to powder-based makeup, as that sticks best to silicone. From my experience, MAC makes some pretty ace eyeliner, but the price might cause slight palpitations. 8O
My thought was to order the face in all natural colors and then applying makeup.
You could do that, but I'd say that part ov your decision should be dependent on whether or not she's going to be sharing a bed with you night after night. In short, you can put makeup on her all you want, but you'll have to remember to wash her face before you hit the sack, otherwise all that skilfully-applied makeup will end up all over you, her, the sheet, the pillowcases, etc. And if you're going to be wiping her face down with that kind ov frequency, god only knows what effect that will eventually have on the silicone..
And for Odhinn's sake, remember; when applying makeup, less is more. Unless, ov course, the two-dollar mattress-backed whore look really turns you on. :?
Who manufactures wigs for the RD?
Well, no one company, really. Shi-chan's primary wig was made by a company called Eleora, but I get the impression that Matt just buys wigs in bulk, much like the underwear that the Synthetiks gets shipped in. You can find info about wig purchasing here..
Last question. I have heard talk of double-sided eyeballs being availible. Like say blue on one side and brown on the other. How much more would this cost?
You'll want to take a look at the Hi-realism accessories by Guy sub-Forum for that. Guy's eyes - and his work in general - are pretty damn astounding..

Hope that helps!
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Natural options still include paint on the cheeks. It's best to keep powder away from the cheeks and all other painted areas.

Yes - powder-based make-up. If this is for photographs, it's not all that necessary.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS