Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Melanie..2 new hair styles and a place to "hang out&

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Melanie..2 new hair styles and a place to "hang out&

Post by midnight »

Hello friends....I just got Melanie two new wigs.....she likes them both.

Also put up my first try at what is her storage area. :roll: Very simply constructed with two feet of 1000 lb. chain from Home Depot, an S-hook, and a peice of 2 x4.......crude but, effective. ( About Six dollars...total.)

The closet is small enough for me not to have to actually walk in, yet open enough for me to use her hanger to dress her more easily.
Tonight was the first time I tried this, although the system was in place last week.
I place my arms underneath her underarms, and do a "leg-lift," at which point I stand and place her bolt over the s-hook, and let her down. Works fine :D
For Inuyasha...her weight is "surprising," but not overwhealming if you prepare yourself for it......do some "curl" excersises... :wink:

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... &cat=14337

Just look at the "latest" ones......I'd like some opinions on the new hair styles.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Hey Midnight,

I liked the short blonde one, which is weird because I don't care for blondes, or short hair either, speaking very much in-general! 8O
Actually, she looks good in all of them!

I checked out your closet arrangement. Mine is similar to yours, except it's a walk in. But the half I have in mind for Lily looks just like yours with the supports for shelving and the pole for hanging clothes. I may fix something up for her like this until I can buy and install the ceiling hook and B&T. Doesn't the pole bump her head though? It looks as if the chain hangs behind the pole which would seem to bring the back of her head against it.
Also, I wonder whether the 2x4 would be more stable laying on its flat side rather than the thin one? I ask because it seems that if the doll's weight was shifted or moved, the 2x4 might fall over onto it's flat side, possibly jarring her off her chain or hook, or something... *shudder*
But your setup is definitely affordable :lol:

Thanks for the pics :)

PBS

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

Post by Davecat »

Melanie is indeed a tasty pastry. :) The blonde wig isn't bad - like PBShelley, I'm a brunet guy - but yeah, the razor-cut one is ace! Where did you get it, and how much did it run you?
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

putzzz
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by putzzz »

i must say melanie is cute,, congrats!!!!! :D

sorry to ask , but what body/head combo and any other specs..

thanks for the info

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Hello "putzzz," Melanie is a B7 / H4 . ( "X-face" system. )

...Davecat...both the blonde and the brunette wigs were from an Ebay seller; $15 each. 8O

...PBShelly...the chain actually goes around the pole...nothing hits her head but, the weekend will bring more improvements to the setup. Like just cut the pole out and get a swivel hook so I can spin her around to look at her pretty behind :D
The 2 X 4 is stronger the way it is but, I will act to install some device so it doesn't tip over (I did cut it so I really had to JAM it in there, though,) thanks for bringing that to my attention !

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I liked the new wigs, but I would say my favorite is still the curly brown one. The blonde bob is very nice though.

I am debating getting a chin-length wig like the one below for Svetlana. The long hair keeps getting caught behind her and in the way when I set her down or move her around.

How do you style your wigs, or have you been lucky to have ones that were already styled? Do you have a wig mannequin or stand to put it on, or do you style it on her?

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I usually move the siligirls to wherever the shoot is to take place and then put on the wig as the last step. Much less hassle.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

The one you have pictured is very pretty :)

The synthetic wigs pretty much are styled already...you just have to wash them every now and then....then comb and brush them out.

I can tell you (and anyone else here) that our friend Ricardo is a never ending source of information concerning wigs & hair styles, etc.
He has helped me no-end, with questions I've had.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hi, Midnight!

I _do_ happen to like short hair on dolls, but prefer Mel's new brunette wig (well, O.K. - kinda marginally... :wink: ) over her new blonde 'do.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, hehehe...

Both Melanie and Inuyasha's Svetlana look absolutely lovely - thanks for keeping my imagination fueled...

~B.

INFORMATIONS