Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

BT3... the wait is OVER!!!

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: BT3... the wait is OVER!!!

Post by AnonViking »

BurntHostage wrote:She's here! Please vote for a name on new thread :)
PICTURES PICTURES!! :)

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

BurntHostage wrote:She's here! Please vote for a name on new thread :)
Her hostage. :wink:
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

Sooo.... I was told yet again my Doll will ship out Next week due to delays...

I know many others are in the same boat as me, I kept getting a Generic Line on The dates being estimates and that my doll was more complicated to do ect...

So I outright Asked Joe what was so Complicated about my Doll.... My Options were
1) Real hair Eyebrows (Which are a standard RD option)
2) Gel Buttox (Which is a Standard BoyToy Body 3 Option)
3) Face and Body Freckles (Standard BoyToy Option)
4) A request for a Second Set of High Realism Eyes....

So whats so Complicated about Standard Options?

Absolutely Nothing honestly. Yes it makes the Dolls harder to do.... But The Delays are a Combination of Factors.... So THIS is why Our Dolls are Late.

a) Your additions slow down the Doll Process of construction
b) There was a Sale (Something they could anticipate and handle)
c) THERE WAS A BODY MOLD THAT HAD TO BE REDONE (this basically threw in an extra Doll they couldnt fit into the process, a struggle to find parts and time to cover for those lost in that doll)

Those three things added up into a serious delay (I am NOW 4 Weeks Past Estimated Shipping Time Originaly Quoted)

Sooo My stand Point is this. I would rather get a Delay than a substandard rushed doll.

I thaught Some others might want to know what was up so I posted what I understood the delay was for you guys.... Hope your Dolls arrive soon :-p

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Hi Soon-to-get-doll! :) ;)

I shipped 4 weeks later.. So, I guess my sister should be arriving any day now??

I know hostage is very happy now (even after needing to re glue my eyelashes a few times....). Joe did tell him they were overwhelmed by orders from their sale over the new year.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1559 times
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Sir Agot Dahl wrote:Sooo.... I was told yet again my Doll will ship out Next week due to delays...

I know many others are in the same boat as me, I kept getting a Generic Line on The dates being estimates and that my doll was more complicated to do ect...

So I outright Asked Joe what was so Complicated about my Doll.... My Options were
1) Real hair Eyebrows (Which are a standard RD option)
2) Gel Buttox (Which is a Standard BoyToy Body 3 Option)
3) Face and Body Freckles (Standard BoyToy Option)
4) A request for a Second Set of High Realism Eyes....

So whats so Complicated about Standard Options?

Absolutely Nothing honestly. Yes it makes the Dolls harder to do.... But The Delays are a Combination of Factors.... So THIS is why Our Dolls are Late.

a) Your additions slow down the Doll Process of construction
b) There was a Sale (Something they could anticipate and handle)
c) THERE WAS A BODY MOLD THAT HAD TO BE REDONE (this basically threw in an extra Doll they couldnt fit into the process, a struggle to find parts and time to cover for those lost in that doll)

Those three things added up into a serious delay (I am NOW 4 Weeks Past Estimated Shipping Time Originaly Quoted)

Sooo My stand Point is this. I would rather get a Delay than a substandard rushed doll.

I thaught Some others might want to know what was up so I posted what I understood the delay was for you guys.... Hope your Dolls arrive soon :-p

Did you pay the $1000 'Boy Toy Express" fee?

If not then you forgot one other reason:

d) Customers placing orders and paying the $1000 expedite fee are put in the cue ahead of you.
My Doll Album is here!

miss_marceline
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by miss_marceline »

Thanks Sir Agot Dahl.

I contacted Joe on Friday, and he said my wait will probably be another 10 to 12 business days. I'm currently five weeks over the original shipping date, and I have at least two more weeks.

For vague comparative purposes only: Hostage ordered Sheeana the day before I placed my order, and we had the same initial shipping date. The only extra I ordered that Sheeana does not have is freckles (body and face). Neither of us chose the expedited option.

So I am patiently waiting for my girl... from what I can tell though, she'll be worth the wait.

Sheeana you're not making my wait any easier! Keep up the good work! ;)

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

ks wrote: Did you pay the $1000 'Boy Toy Express" fee?
If not then you forgot one other reason:
d) Customers placing orders and paying the $1000 expedite fee are put in the cue ahead of you.
My Comments were directly related to what I was getting as an answer from Joe... "Your Doll is More Complicated" and his Explination of the Failed Doll.....

So The Expidited I dont think enters into this particcular problem that has arisen, but your absolutely right thats an additional I left out. I doubt many people make use of that option... and if they did I wonder how many were refunded because of this Bottle neck that occured.... I'm sure they plan for this Expidited thing to occur, but all of it coming together the way it has... must have seriously hurt the production line. I even noticed Joes responces got slower and shorter over the last two weeks.

As for my Situation...... My previous post said it all....
Sir Agot Dahl wrote:I am 24 Weeks and delayed an extra week [and now again another week]......... Sadly this means when she arrives I will be in the middle of a Ton of work and Relatives all over my house for a Month.....

So I'll have nearly a 4 week Uncrateing delay (Concidering My Doll had been schedualed to ship the 3/4 of April [Originally the First week of April] its REALLY Anoying) However on the other side I'd rather Have a Doll they didnt rush...

It would suck to have a 8500$ Doll (After Shipping + Taxes) and find out its a rush order that has problems with it.
My Doll, Should have been Shipped April 4th arrived April 10th and I had my house all to myself From April 9th to May 4th.... It was all planned, I orchistrated the exedous of all family and friends from showing up without warning or staying with me for a Month in anticipation of this Doll arriving. Delay after Delay has my Doll now shipping May 8th and Arriving May 15th (Hopefully) When my House is FULL of relatives and Friends.... I will have to sneak the package in un-noticed and get her into the storage area I built. Then I leave town for a week and hope that no one finds her while I am gone..... (Here is hoping no more delays set her arival for when I am out of town... THAT could be Akward :twisted: )

miss_marceline
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by miss_marceline »

I got my shipping notice from Seko today. My BT3 should arrive on the 21st.

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

miss_marceline wrote:I got my shipping notice from Seko today. My BT3 should arrive on the 21st.
Great! Look forward to seeing her
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

INFORMATIONS