Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

A "tip" if it hasn't been discussed...

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

A "tip" if it hasn't been discussed...

Post by midnight »

Hey there...I wanted my girl to wear a T-shirt the other day (she specifically asked) and I tried to think of a way to get it on her without tearing her up :idea:

Just cut the back of the t-shirt open...a cut right down the back of it. You can fasten it with a safety pin or velcro, and it works fine for frontal photos. I've used that tecnique for several outfits.

And here's another (in case it hasn't been "discovered.").. I have removed the velcro "coins" from the head. All they do is screw up the wigs; they pull hair out and don't really help to hold the wig on. Every wig I have for my girl has an adjustable thing in it, and they don't fall of when adjusted properly.

:wink: If this info helps just one board member, then I'm satisfied :wink:

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Hmmm, Svetlana didn't come with velcro on her scalp. I think your doll had a prior owner. Maybe he put them on there or maybe he asked Matt to. I know they use to be an option, but I think they discontinued it as unneccesary.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

No, the dolls have always had velcro for the hair. Yours doesn't? At all? If they did drop the velcro, it was very recently.

Pre-Eleanor dolls had huge velcro strips. Now those were major pain, so much so that I planned for Taze to have no velcro, though I changed my mind after finding out that face x was different. Most of us put something over the old style velcro, to keep it from causing so many problems.

Eleanor-era velcro coins aren't near the hassle, and are merely annoying. Taze has three of them, I think. Since they are widely separated and are much smaller, it isn't that difficult to pull the hair loose from them one at a time.

Are you saying your doll has no velcro at all, not even the coins? Well, for the hair, I mean. Of course she has it for the face.

Thomas, Kimberly just arrived too. What kind of velcro set up does she have?
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Anyone know any sources for long velcro strips?
I mean looong ones. :)
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

INkling,
Go to www.McMaster-Carr.com
I am pretty sure you can get it there by the foot or by the roll (100ft)
If not there, try MSC direct,.
One of those two will have all the velcro you could possibly want.

Thomas44

Post by Thomas44 »

Kimberly did not come with velcro for the wig either.

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

I don't know what the "default" is anymore. (used to be velcro was standard) I asked that it be left off on Carol because of all the people complaining about it.

I figured I could use the sticky back stuff if the wig was a problem, But it hasn't been so far. I'd rather have to deal with slipping than tearing up a $50+ wig.

Ink, You can get velcro on rolls at almost any fabric store. Some even sell it by the foot. Walmart has it in the sewing dept.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I used to be one of the people complaining about the velcro, but again that was the pre-face-x velcro, which was much more of a pain in the ass.

Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1001011001 »

I took the velcro off of Sunny when I got her, but now I'm contemplating putting it back on because I can't get the wig to stay where it's supposed to be. It always ends up riding back and exposing the seam at the hairline.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Sith Lord wrote:I don't know what the "default" is anymore. (used to be velcro was standard)
Ink, You can get velcro on rolls at almost any fabric store. Some even sell it by the foot. Walmart has it in the sewing dept.
Thank you. I've no Walmart, so I'll check out fabric stores. I don't think we've got one, but I didn't try fabric stores online. I tried velcro w/Google.

Darlene was manufactured in August and has the velcro disks on her head.
Don't know what they're doing 2004.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Inkling,
Try Ace, True Value, or Do It Best Hardware stores. If they don't have exactly what you are looking for they can order it. They usually carry a pretty wide array of velcro. Also, Home Depot or Lowe's carry velcro.

Also, if you are doing a search for this stuff try "Hook and Loop Fastener." Velcro is actually a trademarked brand, so unless it is acutal Velcro brand, it might not show up in a search.

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Inkling wrote:Anyone know any sources for long velcro strips?
I mean looong ones. :)
Any fabric store will have Velcro-by-the-foot or -yard. They will cut it to whatever length you need. Look for House of Fabrics, So-Fro Fabrics, Hancock Fabrics, and also try craft stores like Michael's.
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Caroline (who arrived today*) has no velcro on her scalp either. Looks like this is the new standard.

* See the Pricess Rebecca of Venus topic for more...

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Yes, so it would seem. We had a long stretch before this latest batch of dolls, so I'm not sure when that happened. Matt never said he was going to drop the velcro, so this is the first I knew about it.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Here's a new doll storage idea buy a jumpsuit and sew velcro hook strips all over it. Then buy a huge sheet of velcro loop material. Liquid nail the loop material to the wall, then stick your doll to wall, or if you can't lift her high enough get one of those little trampolines and bounce stick her to the wall. Maybe that is what Inkling has in mind... :lol: .

BTW, JR, When I ordered Svetlana I asked about velcro, since I had seen it listed as an option on some dolls in the pipe. I was told they didn't install it anymore unless it was requested. I haven't had much trouble with the wigs staying put, but if I did, I would just get a couple small self adhesive velcro loop circles and put them on her scalp. I have been using a petite size wig and it fits very snugly. The wig she came with was an average size wig and it was kind of loose. That may be why I am not having any trouble.

INFORMATIONS