Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Oldest dolls?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Toner
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Oldest dolls?

Post by Toner »

Everhard mentioned Rebecca is 3.5 years old (and apparently in good shape). That got me to wondering what are the oldest dolls among forum folks? And how are they holding up?
Experience teaches you to recognize a mistake when you've made it again.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I don't know about here in the forum, but I know Slade (http://www.realdolldoctor.com) has one of the first Body 1 Head 3 dolls made, and judging from the photos it is in pretty good shape. According to Slade's site Stacey was the sixth silicone Body 1 made. If that is true, that doll could be as much as 8 years old, since Matt opened in 1996. You can see that gravity has been working on her breasts and that a prior owner left her sitting on a hard surface for too long, but she looks pretty good for a very old doll. How many men have pocket pussys or how many women have silicone dildos that are 8 years old? That gives you an idea of how durable these dolls can be with their right care.

The biggest factor in a doll surviving several years is probably how careful the owner is with the doll. Unless the doll is treated as a museum piece (Look, but don't touch), eventually it is going to get damaged. A finger will break, a joint will lock up or get too loose, a tear will form in the skin. I imagine that a point will arrive where the accumulation of minor damages or a major bit of damage makes the doll unrepairable, repairable but unsightly, or unusable for sex/photography.

I think there are a couple guys in here that have 3+ year old dolls that are in pretty good shape. The biggest thing is you probably need to just be very careful, and it will probably last for years. Treat it a little too rough some night and she might not make it very long. One night of rough sex might put a years worth of age on the doll's skin or joints.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Toner,

If you read Everhards reports about Rebecca, you can read that there were a lot of problems with this doll that have been solved after 2000.
I know MarkY has a very old doll (somewere at 1997).
Pity enough he doesn't post any more and his site seems out of the air.
Mike Kelly had a very old doll too, which he used for sex also.
But Mike is banned through the fact that he used band with of the dollforum server for his own purposes, so we don't see him back here.
Realdoll No.1 is not alive. her owner has posted in the realdoll forum, but at the moment of that post this doll was already "in dollheaven".
This doll looks like the old body 1 doll on the realdoll page, probably this is the 1st realdoll.
The Baby realdoll made before the realdoll is still alive. You can see her at Slades page. (http://www.realdolldoctor.com).
If you search through the forum you'll probably find that tread.
The first dolls didn't last very long. A lot of improvements have been made since then, especially in silicone compound.
But also other improvements. e.g.the new dolls have improved finger wires which don't break that easy. Read George's report (sticky's) in the realdoll forum for the latest improvements.
Further, sometimes old dolls of before 2001 are sold here.
See them as "collectors items" but don't use them much for sexual use, that will damage them easily.
Newer dolls 2001 and newer are more usable for sex.
This is wat I know about the Golden Oldies :D

mytime
One dream, one mission...

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

Not 'older', but 'better'

Post by Davecat »

Shi-chan will be four years old in July. <looks over at her> Holy crap, she's nearly four years old?? 8O
I take the best possible care I can with her. She was in pretty good shape before her refurbishment; people who have seen her in person can attest to that as well. She's weathered the typical loosening ov joints, a minor separation under each breast, a tear in each armpit, a couple ov vaginal tears, broken finger wires, and almost complete paint removal on her lips, nipples & toes, and I believe myself to be a inattentive barbarian for even letting those mishaps occur. But being a Doll owner is a bit like being a Vespa owner, as you'll just have to learn how to repair your own ride. ;)

Bottom line is: whether your lass is just out ov the crate, or 'previously owned', an owner's responsibility is to take care ov his Doll. Sentimentality aside, it doesn't make a whole lot ov sense to spend almost $7000, as well as have Matt take 16 - 18 weeks ov his time, only to not really give a toss how your lass is stored, or if she's on a hard surface for a good portion ov the time, or any number ov other negligent behaviours. It doesn't take much, and the maintenance will definitely be worth it in the end..
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

INFORMATIONS