betterlovedoll.com

Media: A (Straight, Male) History of Sex Dolls / Aug 6,2014

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Media: A (Straight, Male) History of Sex Dolls / Aug 6,2014

Post by LaDollyVita »

New article up on TheAtlantic.com via Davecat:

A (Straight, Male) History of Sex Dolls
Since ancient times, men have been getting it on with synthetic women. Is this just fancy masturbation, or something more troubling?

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/arc ... ls/375623/

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Re: Media: A (Straight, Male) History of Sex Dolls / Aug 6,2

Post by Sheeana »

Good read - thanks for that article
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Im still reading it. A friend sent it to me earlier in the week. Thanks for beating me to it. Lol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

That was a very interesting read. I think it is inevitable that a certain brand of feminist will take issue with the dreaded "coming of the sex bot". It's apparently pretty easy to shove aside the scarily real reasons why someone would prefer not to have human love relationships, like having a partner cheat on you, or leave you for someone else, or just plain go crazy. Hopefully, people like Davecat will continue to make clear statements that endorse doll relationships as natural, healthy options for both men who can't or don't want to have romantic relations with women, and for anyone else who wants to experience a replica of a human form. It's frustrating to me that, supposedly, having a relationship with a doll could be classified as a "disorder"..... PFFFF!! :x They really don't understand what kind of relationships these are. Some people just have no imagination. When someone clearly just wants to pamper a girl without being called "clingy", or carry out sexual fantasies that may be embarrassing to ask for from humans, or just have a quiet presence in the house, or for cuddling on demand, the list goes on..... we are supposed to be narcissists!?!? Please.

Thanks LDV!

Slew

*edited by Slew once, about 5 minutes after posting, to change a sentence and add a thought.

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Sex bot paranoia?!? ;) if only...

A topic satisfyingly addressed in Futurama episode I Dated A Robot, with the mini-Public Service announcement 'Don't Date Robots!'

The episode is practically religious dogma for dolls ;)

Here is the PSA, 2.5 minutes: http://vimeo.com/12915013

(I likes what what u are saying Slewie honey!)
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Sheeana wrote:Sex bot paranoia?!? ;) if only...

A topic satisfyingly addressed in Futurama episode I Dated A Robot, with the mini-PSA 'Don't Date Robots!'

The episode is practically religious dogma for dolls ;)

http://vimeo.com/12915013
Neato! A Marylin Monroebot!
Sheeana wrote:(I likes what what u are saying Slewie honey!)
:oops: Aw..

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Seattle Slew wrote:It's apparently pretty easy to shove aside the scarily real reasons why someone would prefer not to have human love relationships, like having a partner cheat on you, or leave you for someone else, or just plain go crazy.
The most oft cited counter to this boils down to the idea that we shouldn't "give up" and consequently generalize or stereotype relationships based on a few bad seeds or experiences. The intelligentsia are primarily concerned that mores and norms will erode into chaos without healthy attitudes towards relationships and marriage, and a strong sense of compassion and compromise. I'm distilling that into my own words for the sake of discussion, of course.
Seattle Slew wrote:Hopefully, people like Davecat will continue to make clear statements that endorse doll relationships as natural, healthy options for both men who can't or don't want to have romantic relations with women […]
Davecat is on record as having been through hell in prior relationships, including a doozy that involved a drug addicted woman that put him in dire financial straits. Most commenters I took the time to read over the years dismiss him as over-reacting to a few bad experiences and going off the deep end by deciding on Sidore as a life partner. Of course, there is much more to the story if you take the time to look. On the other hand, it would be great if more people that prefer dolls to traditional relationships were to speak up, especially if bad past relationships had little to do with the preference. :-)

Thanks for chiming in on this, Slew.
:glou:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

LaDollyVita wrote:Thanks for chiming in on this, Slew. :glou:
You bet, :thumbs_up: ... and I just want to add that I understand the common rebuttal concerning generalizing relationships based on "some" bad experiences. However, I do think it should be entirely up to the individual to decide when he/she has hit a threshold for human romance attempts, or if he/she even wants to attempt it in the first place. After all, experience is subjective, and once might be enough if it was tragic enough, and if the person who suffered has a very sensitive personality. Some people may not want to experience a give/take relationship(is that evil?), so should they not engage in a relationship with an extension of self? Who is getting hurt by this? Is it selfish? Sure, but at the whose expense, other than unmade babies?

I haven't had terrible experiences. My case is complicated, and I don't know if people want to read it.. but I also know things that I didn't have to learn from a 1st hand perspective. I've been lucky not to have the really horrible crazy situations that I've seen, and read about.

I want a doll for a specific part of my desires, that I don't think a human girl could give me, and I wouldn't feel right asking her, either. Certain aspects of it would be unfair to her, and even if she would comply(somewhat impossible), I would feel guilty anyways. I don't feel like I'm causing any strain on society, and as far as making babies... These lovely dolls should be marketed heavily, to keep population levels under control, but then there might not be enough CONSUMERS out there to give the corporations a buck, and water won't be such a commodity in the future! BREED! SPEND MONEY! REPEAT! Those are the norms that are threatened by dolls.

Whoa! :drinking:

*Edit (add on below)

I realize people may wonder what it is I want that I can't ask of a human girl, and don't worry, it's nothing scary or morbid at all, it's just I have developed a strong urge for certain very specific things at some very odd times, and without getting too detailed(bless my little heart) it's not a routine any real girl would enjoy getting into regularly. Imagine:

3:25 am (gentle snoring....)

'WHACK'! (loud spanking noise)

F: "Aaah! WTF ?!?!?"

M: "Sorry honey, I just woke up with a bowsprit, and had to spank your lovely ass!"

Among other odd urges at odd times. I just want some gratification, after spending many years getting other things.

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

Right on sir Slew I am with you, i will tell you all you have to do is spend one afternoon in a mall staring at girls to see the blatant scoff of humanities sexuality. I am a sensitive guy and yes sex sells but i say bring em hell. women these days don't want love pure and true they disregard the thought from past loves that are now through. the way we judge with such grudge people letting their want to use overcome looks of compassionate love.

Alright I am done rhyming now lol. but it's true, we as people need to feel acceptance and have something that provides us the need for physical love. I think it is preposterous to label someone who has a doll as anything demeaning period. Yes to the immature mind it is funny, but the sincere mature person should be able to comprehend the reality and even be fascinated by the prospect. I have gone through hell and back because of my former relationships, I am a honest loving, caring father and sensitive artist. My doll will serve her purpose and my imagination is potent. People in general are just f-ing weird and lame in my opinion, people are fake most often and think ridiculous things because of the societies influence on them and stresses of money,time,ect.
Yes there will be a day when the ever feared by some loved by others sex bot will come to pass but why is it going to come to pass is a much more fertile conversation that may plunge us into an abyss of human behavior and conscious that would send even the most studied philosopher into a stupor.
The reality is that it is far easier to point and laugh or label and condemn someone who has a difference of lifestyle then to try and take notice of the bigger picture. This bigger picture has to do with the way people are conditioned and have their own justifications to flash looks of anger or disgust without givin it a thought.

Honestly try this. just smile all day at people, you will see what i mean. most often children will smile back but still some don't. Most adults wont smile at you either and if your genuine smile makes a pretty girl uncomfortable be prepared for a scowl or a distasteful rolling of the eyes, and if a guy with a girl notices you smiling be prepared for deep feared stares in your direction, no mama this surely is not a dream. People are just unhappy and most will just scoot on by without any pause to your smiley warm beam of joy, and some will think your up to no good.
I have been gifted with a deep perception and can tell peoples moods and feel their inclinations b'y reading theri body language and deciphering their candor.
I blame society. But alas I too am a byproduct of this society but i left it all behind when I was 17. I hitch-hiked around the country playing guitar and found out about people the hard way. Iv,e been used and abused but I make a great dad for the experiences i have gone through and have allot of good advice to help my kids so they are better prepared for the struggles that lie ahead.
most people are raisins and some are grapes. Be aware that those raisins will suck the grape out of you if you let them.
there are allot of grapes on this vine here atTDF so lets all hang out and drink some whine, pun intended 8)
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

4biddenartist wrote:there are allot of grapes on this vine here atTDF so lets all hang out and drink some whine, pun intended 8)
Sounds Good! Image

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

No matter how many positive things the author brought up in the article, you just knew that the end conclusion would be negative. It always amazes me that if a man pursues women for one night stands, tells whatever lies he needs to to get sex, then discards them afterwards leaving a wake of emotional destruction behind him, he's regarded highly by society as manly. But if a man decides to have a relationship with a love doll, he's disrespected even though no emotions are being harmed.

It's when love dolls are able to become pregnant that society should be concerned. :wink:
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." ~Willy Wonka

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

indeed dragonfly,this is the great fear that is the cause of fracture and war in that epic movie Appleseed. ;)
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

4biddenartist wrote:indeed dragonfly,this is the great fear that is the cause of fracture and war in that epic movie Appleseed. ;)
I'm looking forward to watching it. Did you ever see any of the series Chobits?

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

no i have not is it available on netflix?
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

Not sure if it's on Netflix. I bought a copy on Amazon. It's less Sci Fi and more of a drama / comedy, at least as far as I've seen of it.

Here's the Wikipedia description: The series tells the story of Hideki Motosuwa, who finds an abandoned persocom, or personal computer with human form, which he names "Chi" after the only word it initially can speak. As the series progresses, they explore the mysteries of Chi's origin together and questions about the relationship between human beings and computers.

Instead of "computers" the description should have said female androids.

INFORMATIONS