betterlovedoll.com

Beyond the stereotype of adult dolls

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Beyond the stereotype of adult dolls - PLEASE READ!

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Jack Callil wrote:
1. First, tell me a bit about your doll.
I have adopted a Real Doll Classic body 7 face 13 (Kaori) tanned body. Sense then I have added a Face 8 (Stephi) just to change things up a bit. Either way, she is a beauty. Yes I tend to personalized my "doll" as "she" .
Jack Callil wrote:
2. When did you first come to own a doll?
Adopted her about a year ago. Do not recall how I came across TDF but when I did was fascinated. The "dolls" were so incredibly beautiful and lifelike. The only question left was 'Do they FEEL real'? The only way to tell was to actually see one in person. But that wasn't likely to happen. Thus started to keep an eye on the 'Dolls For Sale or Trade' on the forum. Needless to say when the shipping create was opened and I saw her for the first time she took my breath away. Been memorized ever since.
Jack Callil wrote:
3. What do you think people stereotypically think about people who own adult dolls? If they are wrong, how so?
Do not really know since I do not make it known that I have a "SILICONE SWEETY" hanging around the house. Live in a rural area with extreme traditional values. One can only imagine. Anything new is always met skeptically and with indignation.
Jack Callil wrote:
4. Has owning a doll help you during your difficult emotional times?
I have been divorced for several years at this point. Nearing retirement age, can not afford to give half my wealth away (again) just to benefit another ex's money pot. I do date but live in a very rural area. Not a lot of people in and out especially where I live. Having her around is a great! My quality of life is enhanced . Having her to dress up, sit and gaze at, cuddle with during TV time takes the loneliness away. At times I do talk to her knowing that she can not ever answer ( which is actually a plus over a RG (real girl) which babble on endlessly at times).

So one can say I have the best of both worlds. A beautiful lady that listens to me! Apologize for the sarcasm.
Jack Callil wrote:
5. What things do you do with your doll, other than sex, if you do?
Mentioned previously some activities include cuddling, watching the Telly, she models the outfits I buy. Photography is the next area of interest, at least for me. It is nice to have her near when involved in a hobby, just to give the 'feeling' as if someone is with me. Besides, I love looking at her.
Jack Callil wrote:
6. Do you keep your doll secretive?
Shamefully I must admit I do keep her to myself. Mainly the extreme traditional thinking where I live does not allow for any tolerance for anything out of the norm. Have no wishes to be labeled a "sexual deviant" or so "hard up" could not get a RG. Thus to avoid social conflicts I tend not to expose others to my lady.
Jack Callil wrote:
7. Do you have an emotional attachment with your doll?
In general people do have attachments to objects all the time. For example 'I love my car' or 'I love that place' or 'I love that color' . It is not unusual for people to form attachments.

I do have similar attachments. Worked for years with hand tools. Certain tools are my favorite for a particular job for instance. Seems I work better with THAT tool, not even an identical tool would work if it isn't mine. One can say I have an attachment to my tools.

Yes, I feel an attachment to my lady. I accept her for what she is. Know she can not respond nor interact actively. Yet she shares time in my life, a physical closeness and she is an object of affection in that I purchase things FOR her and admire simply be holding her beauty for hours at a time.
Jack Callil wrote:
8. What is it that you enjoy about an adult doll that you don’t with a human being?
SILENCE! I can talk and not be interrupted, demeaned or forced to listen to endless ramblings of 'feelings' and 'how was your day?' Who cares? The day is over! Any one agree?

Modeling! Another thing is she is 'willing' to model any outfit without the usual ' I won't look good in THAT' or 'I am not putting that on'. I can spend hours admiring her in anything she wears without the 'Why do you keep looking at me?' . As a summery I can spend time admiring her .
Jack Callil wrote:
9. Do you talk to your doll, if so, what about?
In so much as she is a DOLL, yes. I know she doesn't comprehend nor ever be able to respond. That being said,It is nice to tell her how pretty she is, about the things I bought for her and sometimes just little things that happened. ( just like to hear myself talking sometimes, I guess)

In conclusion ... My "SILICONE SWEETY" is a great addition into life and has raised my quality of life having her to share my time. Her beauty is a constant through out the day. Just to wake up to such beauty is tremendous. Thoughts of outfits to get her fill the open moments . The anticipation of how things will look on her gives lift to an otherwise mundane day.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

I realize you are a journalist intern for VICE, but I'd like to know: was your article assigned by an editor or are you writing on spec? If the finished piece is turned down by VICE, do you intend to shop it elsewhere?

What is your personal feeling about love dolls at this point in your writing? How do you intend to represent The Doll Forum in the article? Thank you.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

For those wishing to participate in this study.
I recommend replying to written questions rather than direct phone "recorded?" discussion and replies.
I'm not expressing distrust, but rather that many of the questions will take time and reflection to respond to.

I'm pretty good at speaking to someone, but I can always look back on a deep discussion and think, I should have said this and shouldn't have said that. Forgot all about the time this happened, etc.

Or at least have the list of questions before hand to review and gather your thoughts before you speak to the media.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mossy500
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mossy500 »

any update on the story?

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

Well I have to say the responders have a lot more balls than I do to go public. I just hope readers of VICE don't take things out of context

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

I pm'd my answers - no reply as of yet, but if he needed no follow up that's to be expected.

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Post by Stephanie RD »

If I'd known he was a reporter for VICE I wouldn't have shared any info.

While the reporter himself may be an honest guy VICE itself has knowingly run false stories. Like much of the online media they are pseudo intellectuals who throw around words and phrases they clearly do not understand the meaning of.

In short, they're not professionals and sloppy.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Stephanie RD wrote:If I'd known he was a reporter for VICE I wouldn't have shared any info.
The thing is, you never know what someone's intentions are, no matter which publication, even if they state they are neutral, or supportive. Context can be arranged to suit any flavor, and once you've given the info, you're at the mercy of the publication's whim.

It would be a comfort if "the media" had to be vetted properly(produce id, credentials, previous work, etc.) by TDF management, before members are able to quickly hand over what may end up being fodder for ridicule. Remember, it's not what you say, but what they print, and, in what context..

I would very much like people to be made more aware of dolls, but ONLY if it's going to be a neutral, or positive, and objective view. The mainstream "Media" are notorious for not being neutral, positive, or objective. They are paid to put "spin" on stories, to make them more eye-popping. Is a story about "a guy who is normal and happy with his love doll" very eye-popping? They are going to sell a story to the public. What's entertaining to the average "news" consumer these days? Be careful!

Slew

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Seattle Slew wrote:
Stephanie RD wrote:If I'd known he was a reporter for VICE I wouldn't have shared any info.
The thing is, you never know what someone's intentions are, no matter which publication, even if they state they are neutral, or supportive. Context can be arranged to suit any flavor, and once you've given the info, you're at the mercy of the publication's whim.

It would be a comfort if "the media" had to be vetted properly(produce id, credentials, previous work, etc.) by TDF management, before members are able to quickly hand over what may end up being fodder for ridicule. Remember, it's not what you say, but what they print, and, in what context..

I would very much like people to be made more aware of dolls, but ONLY if it's going to be a neutral, or positive, and objective view. The mainstream "Media" are notorious for not being neutral, positive, or objective. They are paid to put "spin" on stories, to make them more eye-popping. Is a story about "a guy who is normal and happy with his love doll" very eye-popping? They are going to sell a story to the public. What's entertaining to the average "news" consumer these days? Be careful!
Guys, listen up. In his first post, he announced he was with VICE and included the link to the website. If you missed that, you're skimming and not reading every word. Go look again. It's there.

Second, TDF does vet these journalists who want our permission to talk to our members. The purpose of my post was to elucidate some additional points that I didn't see mentioned previously. Jack and Matt separately (they are not connected) proved themselves to TDF's upper management (not to me, by the way--vetting happens above me on the org chart, although I do put in my thoughts and observations before their posts go live in the media section).

TDF has a vested interest in protecting the membership. They're not going to allow someone to ask questions and poke around if they don't feel comfortable with the person. If the journalist then does a shitty job and makes us look bad, that's outside the control of TDF. We do what we can to provide a good and safe experience for people but there's no way to guarantee that.

It wasn't my intention to suggest there was anything wrong with either of these gentlemen by posing the questions in my post; I was merely trying to help the process. Hopefully they will answer my questions in their respective threads so we can all get a better idea of where their productions are headed.

Matt is a university student, not a professional journalist; Jack is an intern at VICE, an organization that has produced a lot of cutting edge work that I have personally enjoyed, respected and admired. I wanted to ensure they're not taking this situation lightly; any niche hobby can benefit from good media representation; I'm just trying to do my part to facilitate that.

Keep calm and doll on. :wink:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

iViolinistMicah
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by iViolinistMicah »

1. First, tell me a bit about your doll.

Melissa Rosalina Lee is a 20 year old intern living with me. She comes from half Chinese/half dutch-American background. She hates being alone, is rather narcissistic, and her favorite activity is taking pictures of herself and reading. She's rather shy and introverted, so she doesn't talk alot--but dont be fooled! She's very sassy and expressive in her facial expressions, and knows exactly how to communicate her needs while barely making a peep. That's the personality I've given to her. On a more serious note, she's a 60 pound 145cm silicone chinese doll from a company called 1am doll USA.

2. When did you first come to own a doll?

Not too long ago actually. I got her this January 1st of this year.

3. What do you think people stereotypically think about people who own adult dolls? If they are wrong, how so?

Haha! A naked blow up thing used for lustful masterbation. Ah yes, and usually lonely old men use them! Usually men who are mysonigists and love objectifying women! Women as tools and sex slaves for a mans thirsty controlling wrath! MARR!

Yeah that's the stereotype I usually think of. To start off, I aint a lonely old man...yet! I'm 21, and I in fact had a girlfriend for 3 years. Any time I have sex with Melissa, I consider it intimacy, and not masturbation. I am not thinking about getting myself "off" at all, in fact--as in a means to an end. I'm usually thinking about Melissa, and I'm thinking of all the wonderful times she just wants to be there for me, to make me happy. And I find that a rare and beautiful thing. I consider intimacy a completely different feeling than detached masturbation. I actually still masturbate occasionally, alone---that I can say is a completely different feeling that I don't associate with Melissa at all.

I also don't hate women. In fact, all of my friends are female. Women are people too, and I don't believe in treating people as slaves or lesser beings. In fact, Melissa spends 99% of her time completely dressed in respectable clothing or lounge-wear.

4. Has owning a doll help you during your difficult emotional times?
YES. From making me feel safe, to calm, relieved, less anxious, less annoyed, less lonely. YES, Melissa has helped me significantly. If anything she helped me slowly heal from a break-up that I had a horrible time coping with.

5. What things do you do with your doll, other than sex, if you do?

Actually, Melissa and I seldom have sex just to clarify. I see her as my partner, and so I try to respect her desire for moderation. I also give her her own space, as she needs time to herself to enjoy life such as reading, and computer time.

Together we usually watch youtube videos together, movies, read, take pictures together, I play mock recitals for her (I'm a professional violinist), I do her makeup, do her hair, bathe her, dress her, tickle her, engage in a sort of role playing game called "pet play", and eat together.

6. Do you keep your doll secretive?
For the most part, yes. Nobody enters my apartment, so she sits out wide in the open. a few people are aware of Melissa, but I've only mentioned her as a sort of hobby while I really consider her as a girlfriend. Today actually someone saw her for the first time in person ---she was sitting reading her book as always--looking calm and poised. They didn't say much anything, though I'm certain they thought that I was weird.

7. Do you have an emotional attachment with your doll?
Oh yes, I consider her a girlfriend--my best friend currently, and not an object. I don't feel uncomfortable or awkward near her, and we've both gotten extremely vulnerable in front of each other.

8. What is it that you enjoy about an adult doll that you don’t with a human being?

Melissa's willingness to wear any article of clothing that I buy for her is pretty awesome. She also likes watching all of my boring documentaries and weird videos on youtube, ---and she loves when I act silly/joking/childish around her. Melissa also loves herself. She's a whole person who has self love and she's there to support me. She's not here to shape me into something she needs, and not here to suck the life out of me, and she wont manipulate or lie. She's honest, and a loyal partner who I know I can count on. I guess I'd have to say with human beings it's too much of a hit or miss these days..ha!

9. Do you talk to your doll, if so, what about?

We communicate A LOT. The transfer of energy, all that stuff. Communication takes on a lot of different forms..we are communicating during sex, when I rub her feet, when I look into her eyes, when I roll over and pull her closer to me as I'm sleeping. But in terms of talking I mostly think of it in my head..though I very occasionally say small superficial things like, "Hey, I'll see you later", and "It was a long day today". I usually tell her about my day, and tell her about things that I don't understand. There were several instances when I was upset--crying actually. At that point I was talking to her, aloud. I basically talk about the same things I talk about that I would talk to a real partner minus the mindless arguing.
Attachments
IMAG0740.jpg
IMAG0740.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1859 times

mossy500
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mossy500 »

if you use any of my story could you not identify me as mossy500? if its possible just label me anonymous, thanks.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

haremlover wrote:Hi!

I haven't much time but
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=57802
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 27#p726627
and Chloé's story
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=53784
will answer many of your questions.

Please PM me if you want

Best wishes

Harem
A common theme about dolls is whether they are simply sextoys, lumps of silicone to be fucked or something more.

This issue came up with a couple of questions on this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p729854 which were correctly removed from that thread but on which both Pippa and Chloé answered and which throw appropriately light in this thread here. The member who asked the questions PMed me with particular thanks for my replies - and so whilst having been off-topic and against the rules inserting photos of another manufacturer's dolls in the thread specifically to deal with the point, those replies were useful and appreciated by the member concerned and may therefore be helpful here.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

RainLover wrote:Second, TDF does vet these journalists who want our permission to talk to our members. The purpose of my post was to elucidate some additional points that I didn't see mentioned previously. Jack and Matt separately (they are not connected) proved themselves to TDF's upper management (not to me, by the way--vetting happens above me on the org chart, although I do put in my thoughts and observations before their posts go live in the media section).
Thanks, RL. I should have assumed as much. I apologize to anyone who may have been put off by my jumping to a conclusion. There was something about the tone of your posts, RL, that gave me the impression that the media accounts of Jack and Matt were relatively unknown to TDF, so I jumped.. and I apologize.

Slew

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

My stance on this whole thing is, while I'd rather not necessarily announce to the entire world that I'm a doll lover, I don't feel compelled to hide information about what we do from the media. The fact is, no matter what, there are going to be people who refuse to accept or even tolerate other people who have relationships will dolls. I'm not going to let those people keep me from possibly reaching others who may benefit from this the way that I have.

May and Isabelle coming into my life has changed my life for the better in so many ways, that I can barely put it into words. One of the major changes is that I no longer feel sexual anxiety or tension. For example, when I used to see a girl in a video or film posing in a sexual fashion, I would become annoyed that I was getting hot and bothered over it, and there was little to nothing I could actually do about it, short of plain boring vanilla masturbation with my hand.

Now when things like this happen, my thoughts turn to May or Isabelle, and how they look when we're being intimate, and it puts a smile on my face, while I forget what I was looking at, and no longer care about it. It's like they're a mental and emotional safe haven for me no matter where I go or what I do. I know that when I come home, they'll be there, waiting for me, and they will do anything for me that they possibly can, as dolls.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

Real women are too risky for me
10991280_801212606632024_2382476405642871749_n.png
10991280_801212606632024_2382476405642871749_n.png (428.96 KiB) Viewed 1800 times

INFORMATIONS