betterlovedoll.com

Benita's exhibition on Men & Dolls - funding needed

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Benita's exhibition on Men & Dolls - funding needed

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi all, we have some breaking news from Benita!

Benita is a photo journalist and long time member of our community. She has visited many of our doll meets, both US and UK. She also visited quite some members privately. She took and shared so many great pictures and quite some have been published by several international newspapers and websites, such as CNN.

Now her "Men & Dolls" photos will be exhibited, first in Copenhagen, Denmark. She wrote us:
Benita wrote:I am very excited and very stressed arranging the whole thing. Especially since I’ve just learned that the Photo Festival has given me a big solo exhibition on 100m2, they’ve arranged a guided tour only on ‘Men & Dolls’. The exhibition starts on the 4th of June at 5 PM in Halmlageret Carlsberg, Copenhagen.
And then there is more breaking news as she told us:
Benita wrote:And I am sorry that I am not able to visit this years doll meet, I am pregnant and giving birth to a baby boy - might be a new member in the doll forum ;)

Congratulations Benita :D :D :D a baby boy and an exhibition :D how do you manage 8O

Well guys, she does need some help! Benita has been an ambassador for the doll community for many years and now she has the opportunity to exhibit her "Men & Dolls" photos to a broad audience, first in Copenhagen, next in Serbia (already confirmed), and next in ... ... but this will cost her a lot of money. Especially the big HQ prints (98x144 cm) are very expensive. And right now being pregnant, she's not able to do a lot of assignments to get all the money needed.

This is where the doll community is going to help, that's us, we will do some crowd-funding :idea: :idea: :idea:

To all, please help Benita to realise this exhibition. Any gift is welcome. Please donate your gift to Benita, send a gift by PayPal to benitamarcussen@gmail.com. And in return Benita will donate a print from the exhibition to one of the contributors.

On behalf of Benita, thank you so much :angel:

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Benita's exhibition on Men & Dolls - funding needed

Post by RainLover »

I was going to say you might consider an actual crowdfunding campaign on a regular crowdfunding site, but then again, that might draw unwanted attention. :/
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi All :) ,

I've personally known Benita now for 4 years and she's become a good friend to both myself and the doll community. She's attended one of the Hershey meets and three of the meets in Wales.

I know this project has been a personal vocation of hers since she first visited us all in 2011. She's been dedicated in portraying our community in the best light. So,I feel if we can help her in anyway with this, then we'll also be helping our community as well.

If you can help her with this, then please do :thumbs_up:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

RainLover wrote:I was going to say you might consider an actual crowdfunding campaign on a regular crowdfunding site, but then again, that might draw unwanted attention. :/
Benita is investigating other ways of crowd-funding too, but as time is short and doll community is ... such a great community :D let's help her this way 8)

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

WOW! Thank you for making this crowd-funding, I am very excited, and someone already donated :BIG: THANK YOU! I am applying for 'real' funds - as many as possible, but as the exhibit got arranged very recently I can only apply for the funds with a deadline before the exhibition (June 4th). This exhibition is one of the main exhibits at the Photo Festival which means bigger prints than first expected. It is fantastic to have this much positive attention on the doll community, the pictures the story and even the RealDoll from Abyss will look fantastic in the room. I really hope that some of you are able to come by.The doll (she arrives tomorrow - and still has no name) - at a desk, welcoming visitors! ...My hairdresser will style her as a sexy secretary. 50.000 visitors comes through the exhibition during the 2 weeks it's shown, exhibition is free for everyone. Thanks again for arranging this and thank you guys for supporting. Warmly, Benita

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

RainLover wrote:I was going to say you might consider an actual crowdfunding campaign on a regular crowdfunding site, but then again, that might draw unwanted attention. :/
Hi RainLover. There will always be haters around - honestly, they are just sad persons. I am applying for other funds, and if that draws any unwanted attention to the community, I'll pour myself a drink, put on some lipstick, and tell them to show some fucking respect. (Sorry for my language) Xx

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

benitaoctavia wrote: Hi RainLover. There will always be haters around - honestly, they are just sad persons. I am applying for other funds, and if that draws any unwanted attention to the community, I'll pour myself a drink, put on some lipstick, and tell them to show some fucking respect. (Sorry for my language) Xx
I like your attitude. :D Thank you for helping to support our community and the passion we have for what we do. How long do we have to donate money? With my health insurance and credit card bills I am kinda wiped for the month. Will donating next month help or do you need the money now?

-k
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

karpos wrote:
benitaoctavia wrote: Hi RainLover. There will always be haters around - honestly, they are just sad persons. I am applying for other funds, and if that draws any unwanted attention to the community, I'll pour myself a drink, put on some lipstick, and tell them to show some fucking respect. (Sorry for my language) Xx
I like your attitude. :D Thank you for helping to support our community and the passion we have for what we do. How long do we have to donate money? With my health insurance and credit card bills I am kinda wiped for the month. Will donating next month help or do you need the money now?

-k
Haha, thank you Karpos, the exhibit starts at June 4'th and that is also when the crowd-funding stops. As long as you have your health insurance and credit card bills payed I am satisfied :glou:

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Congrats on exciting news of a new baby :D and good luck with the exhibit . :thumbs_up:

All the best :) ( a little something on its way) :wink:

Samurai :thumbs_up:

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Uh oh, I booked a flight and a hotel to visit the exhibition today. If I´d stayed home I could have sent the money directly to Benita, but I´ll sent something more. Well, you only live once. Brigitte will have to wait some time for her next outfit I guess. :roll:
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

Samurai wrote:Congrats on exciting news of a new baby :D and good luck with the exhibit . :thumbs_up:

All the best :) ( a little something on its way) :wink:

Samurai :thumbs_up:
Thank you for donating Samurai - I will post some pictures from the exhibit. It keeps getting bigger, today I got the news that 8 pictures will be featured in the Metrotrain, so now the exhibition will be all over the city, as well I am invited to talk about the project on national radio, hopefully the Forum will soon have new members :wink:

...X,x...

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Uh oh, I booked a flight and a hotel to visit the exhibition today. If I´d stayed home I could have sent the money directly to Benita, but I´ll sent something more. Well, you only live once. Brigitte will have to wait some time for her next outfit I guess. :roll:
Chris
YAY :D looking forward to see you and thanks for donating on top of buying flight + hotel. Xx

benitaoctavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by benitaoctavia »

Look who arrived today. Any inside tips on positioning her, dressing her etc... is most welcome, I have seen the care instructions, but you're the real experts :wink:
Attachments
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3614 times

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

benitaoctavia wrote:. . . if that draws any unwanted attention to the community, I'll pour myself a drink, put on some lipstick, and tell them to show some fucking respect. (Sorry for my language) Xx
What an ambassador!

Not only is it fun but you're doing so much for dolls as a worthwhile part of society. What sort of total funds are you looking for? As a champion of our hobby, all members should be giving you some support to the extent that they can.

Last night I had dinner with a prospective film maker and other film friends in Cannes and upon chatting about ideas the prospective film maker, who is a very dictatorial late middle aged lady very self important, remarked that I was weird when I told her that I had used my doll Chloé to tell my Dad a story to help him realise his own position in which he'd been hoodwinked. The lady's reaction was hilarious and the other friend I was with said that she was so narrow and so self opinionated that the film she's wanting to make won't be worth doing. So yes - detractors tend to be people who can't think outside their narrow box.

Your efforts therefore, enthusiasm and ambassadorial mission is therefore something we should all try to support in more than mere words.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Well, that's a turn up!

Be careful of bumping finger ends into things. Also, when carrying the doll from A to B, open all necessary doors (between A and B) and, if it is more than a few yards (metres) place a chair or two ready to put her down in case of the unexpected.

What's her name?

INFORMATIONS