exdollofficial.com

Requesting Opinions On Possible Future DS Doll

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Rocket88

Re: Requesting Opinions On Possible Future DS Doll

Post by Rocket88 »

LaDollyVita wrote:
Rocket88 wrote:This may be contrary to the general thought on this forum, but I would like to see DS produce a larger, more mature looking doll.
It's not contrary to general thought, the people who disagree are just more vocal. My very first thought when I received my DS 168cm was "oh no, she's too small!". She has grown on me since first arriving, and her reduced weight has advantages, but I would gladly add weight to her if she could be the size of an adult Western woman. DS is lauded for "weight reduction", which may be true to some degree by use of foam cores, but the real weight reduction is no weight reduction at all, just a smaller model
Hello LaDollyVita,

I had the same initial impressions with mine. I am very, very pleased with her, but I would gladly accept more weight for an even more realistic experience with her, or for a second doll.
Doll 1, A pretty and petite Asian style and Doll 2, a smokin' hot American gal.....
The best of both worlds !

Rocket88
It's Only Rock And Roll, But I like It.........

Take a moment to visit:
Kylie's Drum Playing Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61490
Kylie's Guitar Fondling Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61269

Rocket88

Post by Rocket88 »

LaDollyVita wrote:By contrast, I have a high-end doll made in America that is scaled to Western standards. Even though my DS is the same height as her, when I take a photo of the three of us together, my DS looks like our teenage daughter. When I take pictures together with my DS doll her head is noticeably smaller than mine. My Western sized doll is proportionally a perfect match for me in photos. This is really no surprise given where they are each manufactured.
Absolutely agree with this. 110%
I think you're right, for those of us that desire this style doll, the main issue is probably not height.
It's all the other larger body and head dimensions and stylings that contribute to that sense of "WOW".... I'm sitting here next to, or I'm getting it on with that unbelievably good looking 28 year old WOMAN that I just saw at the gym, or whatever.
For me personally, I have enjoyed the small amount of photo stuff I have crappily (is that a real word?) done, but it boils down to a fantasy sex experience most importantly. This for me I'm speaking, I know there are others who enjoy their dolls more for less lusty reasons. All of it is fine, whatever your primary focus is.

Rocket88

Take a moment to visit:
Kylie's Drum Playing Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61490
Kylie's Guitar Fondling Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61269

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

haremlover wrote:There are Americans who are giants . . . but in the mediterranean particularly south of Rome and one sees many in the south of France the range 150-160 is realistic.
Rocket88 wrote:Absolutely agree with [LDV]. 110% I think you're right, for those of us that desire this style doll, the main issue is probably not height.
Or, maybe we are giants! ;-)

Yes, its absolutely not the height. DS Dolls are not short, unless you buy the 145cm, but they are all small, which is different. My DS is beautiful and well made, and despite her over-petiteness she is very well cared for and respected here at Le Château. Despite my affection for her, I still wish an adult Western size model was available.
haremlover wrote:Perhaps DS might do something larger but it leads to greater commercial diversity if DS do what they do well and leave the American manufacturers to do what they do well also.
Harem, I don't think what exemplifies DS Doll from say, Real Doll, is that they make "smaller" models. DS Doll and Real Doll have quite different aesthetics, and I know you dislike the look of Real Dolls, but I'm not advocating that DS Doll copy them; we just want to see a larger frame. My DS Doll can comfortably pose and stand in positions a Real Doll cannot (closed legs, and on her feet(!), for example). I'm happy with my doll's "looks" and her distinctly Asian flare, and I wholeheartedly endorse her skeleton! I just wish at her height she was "bigger". She should be photographable with me and be clearly to the correct scale, then I would be most satisfied!

:glou:

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Well this is why I don't feel that for instance PIB and DS are in competition: they are simply different and I admire the sculptures and quality of both just as between a red and a white wine. I would rather have red wine and white wine separately rather than mixing the two together. Life would be very boring if people were all the same, dolls too.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

haremlover wrote:Well this is why I don't feel that for instance PIB and DS are in competition: they are simply different and I admire the sculptures and quality of both just as between a red and a white wine. I would rather have red wine and white wine separately rather than mixing the two together. Life would be very boring if people were all the same, dolls too.
PIB competes with DS as much as any other manufacturer does, so I'm afraid your point is lost on me. Your preferences are clear enough though! Regardless, I don't want a PIB; they can't stand like my DS Doll can either, and I'm not partial to the wiry skeleton and neck assembly. I want a DS Doll with a Western sized body. The demand will get there eventually. At any rate, that people are posting threads like these is proof of it! It will happen in time.

We occupy opposite ends of the table, but as long as we are seated here, let's have a drink!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

DS dolls spoil us with their ability to stand. As far as I know only a Japanese manufacturer competes on that ground. Were, however, a larger body to be built on the DS skeleton, the crushing forces on the silicone under the heel would be significant and I think would put standing out of the question. All dolls have to be a compromise. It's actually only through consideration of these dolls that I appreciate how structurally amazing the human heel actually is.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

haremlover wrote:DS dolls spoil us with their ability to stand. As far as I know only a Japanese manufacturer competes on that ground. Were, however, a larger body to be built on the DS skeleton, the crushing forces on the silicone under the heel would be significant and I think would put standing out of the question. All dolls have to be a compromise.
Yes, you are referring to the 4 Woods AI Doll EX as another doll capable of standing. While I agree there is a lot of compromise from one manufacturer, or even model, to the next, I don't believe a larger doll that can stand is out of the question for DS. I wouldn't underestimate human ingenuity where there is strong enough desire. At any rate, market forces will dictate when it happens. Certainly DS is reading this thread and considering the possibilities! :D

Rick_Deckard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rick_Deckard »

haremlover wrote:DS dolls spoil us with their ability to stand. As far as I know only a Japanese manufacturer competes on that ground.
No, in addition to DS, the Japanese manufacturers with dolls that can safely stand are two, 4Woods and Orient Industry.
LaDollyVita wrote:I want a DS Doll with a Western sized body...
You seem to forget that DS main market is, and will remain, their internal one (Japan/China).
Do you think that such a model would fare well enough there to justify the investment in a completely new skeleton/mould/sculpt just for the export market ?
I honestly think not, anyway only time will tell...
Do androids dream of electric sheep ?

anataus

Post by anataus »

LaDollyVita wrote: My very first thought when I received my DS 168cm was "oh no, she's too small!".
Hello
What do you mean for too small ?
She is not 1.68 tall ?
Or you do you mean too slim ?
If so, a "super model" is not actually what you would call a "realistic" girl
I also would like to have more mature faces but Serena is in my opinion simply , relaltively speaking ,an ugly woman

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Rick_Deckard wrote:You seem to forget that DS main market is their internal one (Japan/China).
The point was made and affirmed early in this thread that the DS customer base is solidly located in Japan and China:
Deadpringle wrote: "I realize some guys want a bit bulkier "more Western" style of body. I think that DS tries to appeal to their native markets, which is primarily Japan and China"
I wrote in response: "Nailed it."
Rick_Deckard wrote:Do you think that such a model would fare well enough there to justify the investment in a completely new skeleton/mould/sculpt ? I honestly think not, anyway only time will tell...
Interesting. I've made my case over several posts, but I'm interested to hear why you think that way; you stated your opinion but didn't provide an explanation. Pull out of the drive-thru and come in. Sit down, have a drink, and let's hear your thoughts, Mr. Deckard.
anataus wrote:What do you mean for too small ? [...] Or you do you mean too slim ? If so, a "super model" is not actually what you would call a "realistic" girl
It is being suggested that DS Dolls, while ideally sized for Eastern customers, are not ideally sized for Western customers. The height of my 168cm doll is wonderful! I do acknowledge your point, however, and as Harem has suggested to me previously, perhaps I would be happier with the 158cm body. What a shame to lose 10cm of height though. You see my dilemma?

Rick_Deckard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rick_Deckard »

LaDollyVita wrote:Interesting. I've made my case over several posts, but I'm interested to hear why you think that way...
Simple, ethnic groups tends to have a preference in mating inside the same ethnic groups, this includes the concept of "desirable mates" and since we're talking about sex dolls...you may like it or not but that's undeniably the truth.

And that's the reason why most chinese/japanese made dolls, that are aimed mainly at the asian market, have distinctive asian features.
Just like western made dolls, wich are aimed mainly at the western market, mostly have caucasian features.
you just produce what is likely to sells the most within your market of reference.

I may be wrong, of course...
Do androids dream of electric sheep ?

anataus

Post by anataus »

It is being suggested that DS Dolls, while ideally sized for Eastern customers, are not ideally sized for Western customers. The height of my 168cm doll is wonderful! I do acknowledge your point, however, and as Harem has suggested to me previously, perhaps I would be happier with the 158cm body. What a shame to lose 10cm of height though. You see my dilemma?
Well...It seems to me a rather subtle argument

In my opinion the DS 168 dolls are neither for eastern nor for western customers...they are for people who want to sleep with a top model, as clearly written in DS web site
I met a group of European / American top models sometimes ago at the airport, a few meters distance, waiting for the luggages
They have been made by their mom like that :D
Of course they are not that kind of nice girl that you expect to meet in a super market
From this point of view the 168 dolls are not real women , I agree, but many people who buy a doll want to buy a dream rather than the next door girl like doll
Not too mention the weight issue
if the 30 kg 158 doll were 168 tall, she should be 37-38 kg...uhm
In my opinion DS made correct choices, of course you can not please everybody

What I dont like in DS is the use or better, the abuse, of childish faces
I would like to have 25 year old girl faces

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

anataus wrote:What I dont like in DS is the use or better, the abuse, of childish faces
I would like to have 25 year old girl faces
Well it can be a matter of context. I thought the same until member Jiayi took this photo

of one of the younger faces on a 168 body.
Another perspective is a man with an inherited condition who gave up his ideas of marriage and children. For him it's not a sex doll he wanted but missing family. There is a legitimate market for non-sexual dolls http://photo.msn.com.cn/c/385051.shtml#p1 So we should not come to the issue with assumptions. It is, however, against forum rules for this subject to be amplified.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Rick_Deckard wrote:Simple, ethnic groups tends to have a preference in mating inside the same ethnic groups, this includes the concept of "desirable mates" and since we're talking about sex dolls...you may like it or not but that's undeniably the truth.
You think Doll Sweet will not consider making a larger doll because of ethnic group mating preferences? I would have accepted an answer about market economics not justifying the investment as you initially hinted, but nobody is questioning why Doll Sweet makes dolls catered to their home market.
Rick_Deckard wrote:I may be wrong, of course...
No, spot on. Your original post missed that we already agreed on this back on Page 1. Bear in mind that DS is not being criticized here, nor are their design choices being debated. Rocket88 and I are simply confirming that amongst Western men, at least, there is a growing demand for a larger doll from DS. It's a compliment to how nice a doll they already build! Now we just want a bigger one to match our "ethnic group mating preferences". ;-)
anataus wrote:if the 30 kg 158 doll were 168 tall, she should be 37-38 kg... uhm in my opinion DS made correct choices, of course you can not please everybody
I accept your point on the matter. You are implying that more DS customers likely care about weight, than who care about a Western sized doll. No argument from me there. All my discourse in this thread is to say that I would purchase a heavier doll that was sized to my preferences. So would Rocket88. We aren't arguing that DS made bad choices, or that they shouldn't cater to the Asian market. Some of us just want another DS option. Cut us some slack! :wink:
anataus wrote:I would like to have 25 year old girl faces.
I too wish they had more options in the 25-28 year old range. The recent mature heads they produced were markedly older than I was hoping.

Rocket88

Post by Rocket88 »

LaDollyVita wrote:
haremlover wrote:Well this is why I don't feel that for instance PIB and DS are in competition: they are simply different and I admire the sculptures and quality of both just as between a red and a white wine. I would rather have red wine and white wine separately rather than mixing the two together. Life would be very boring if people were all the same, dolls too.
PIB competes with DS as much as any other manufacturer does, so I'm afraid your point is lost on me. Your preferences are clear enough though! Regardless, I don't want a PIB; they can't stand like my DS Doll can either, and I'm not partial to the wiry skeleton and neck assembly. I want a DS Doll with a Western sized body. The demand will get there eventually. At any rate, that people are posting threads like these is proof of it! It will happen in time.

We occupy opposite ends of the table, but as long as we are seated here, let's have a drink!

I think competition is generally transparent to the consumer. The results of it are not however.
I'm not sure how DS views themselves, but I think it would be a shame and a mistake if they saw themselves pigeonholed into a "well.... our primary market is Asia, so we're not going to think any bigger than this" kind of attitude.

If Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc.... Had this kind of attitude years back, then they might not be in business today and we in the west would all be driving this:

Rocket88

Take a moment to visit:

INFORMATIONS