www.beautiful-dolls.com

Cleaning Anime fabric dolls?

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Cleaning Anime fabric dolls?

Post by Staraway »

I anticipate having a lot of fun with Asuka. SO, how do I clean her when she gets dusty or dirty? I don't want to use the wrong thing so I'm asking before anything bad happens. I noticed that water based lube seems to dry up and disappear, but what about just plain old dirt?
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Cleaning Anime fabric dolls?

Post by Xephyr »

This is what I do that works for my 130cm anime doll

Get an UNDYED WHITE micro fiber cloth (with no ruffles!! these will scuff her skin). Then get woolite or clear fragentless laundry detergent safe for babies, and 2 bowls of warm water. add detergent to one bowl, keep other bowl just water for rinsing. sit her on a white towel big enough for her and the bowls, dip the micro fiber cloth in the soapy water, then wash dirt areas on doll. let soap sit for a few minutes then take micro cloth and rinse in water bowl then apply gentle strokes on area you just washed. keep doing this until no longer slippery/soapy. when done with all dirty areas, take a new soft white towel and pat-dry any areas that you wet. let your girl air dry over night.

never submerse entire doll into water, this will rust skeleton and cause mewdew.
never rub doll with rough rags, this will cause chafing on skin.
never use dyed cloths, this will make your doll look even dirtier and make cleaning harder.

Alternative way is to unzip her from the back and put her entire skin into the washer. wash cycle delicate with baby-safe detergent and warm water. I let skin air dry, i didnt trust my dryer. Good luck getting the skin back on.. took me an hour.... its not stretchy, its exact fit so its kind of a pain.

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

Thank you FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!

:angel:

*finally exhales

It been a bit dusty as of late since we moved some stuff around and I want to be prepared for anything!
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

forgot to mention paper towels might be better than cloth towels for pat drying.

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

I just use some fabric cleaner if any of my girls need some spot treatment. But when it comes to cleaning them up entirely when they start catching dust and become dark like you would see if you have a plushie for a year or so, I don't know of anything yet. I don't want to put the skin in the washing machine either, because it's such a pain to take it off, and even more of a pain to put it back on. So if there is a way to clean them up when they gather dust and make them look like new, I'd like to know.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Forgot to mention, if you don't trust a washer machine, you can always hand wash her skin, that's always safe. Oh, and please note that if you do decide to go the route of full body wash you will have to cut some threads, located at her chest, crotch, and feet. These threads only just fastening the skin to the body at certain places, preventing the skin from ever sliding at those places. It's so you can't have her nipples going below her breasts or something of that sort.

You can always re-hem threads yourself if you want the extra security. But her skin is a direct fit and I never really needed to do that.

Let me put more emphasis that the whole process is a bit of a hassle but its doable if you want the doll "like new" again. I think its the only way currently that I know of.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You can 50 percent rubbing alcohol on her for spot cleaning and even some forms of staining. If it is a very small spot. I use that on a q tip. I use a mixture of baking soda and peroxide on any dye made stains that works real well
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Samara78, what mixture of baking soda and peroxide do you use? What's the ratio? Thanks.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You want to make a paste out of it. You want it to be the consistancy of tooth paste.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Ok so Miyako chan, had a stain on ger leg. First I tried the 50% isopropylrubbing alcohol. That works on most non dye spots on the surface of the skin. You dip a q tip in the alcohol and than gently rub it across the stain. Turns out this stain is under the skin
20150630_135823.jpg
20150630_135823.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2524 times
so I wound up making the paste. I have to treat her 2 times to get it out of her skin. Next a picture of the paste in her skin.
this will have to be done a couple times
20150630_140336.jpg
20150630_140336.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 2524 times
after the cleaning her skin is clean and smooth
The stain is mostly gone now
The stain is mostly gone now
20150630_151226.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2515 times

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Thanks for the info

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Anytime. If you have to remove the skin, use oxi clean in a bowl of water and few teaspoons of salt.

INFORMATIONS