www.wmdolls.com

Selling with paypal...

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
lemorte86

Selling with paypal...

Post by lemorte86 »

Ok I am very surprised this info isn't on here. How do I get protected as a seller on paypal? Does the seller just send money then I accept it? Or do I need to send him an invoice first? Someone explain how this works please?

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Re: Selling with paypal...

Post by Tybalt »

Usually if u r the seller, the buy sends money to paypal and paypal holds the money to protect the buyer. Then you would submit the shipping info that the post office provides a tracking number. Paypal also keeps tabs on whether the parcel is recieved and signed for. The buyer must inpsect and immediately request any refunds for any fruad or whatever. All this time, the money is being held by PayPal incase of any disputes.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

I'm not sure what protection you are referring to as a seller.
Generally the buyer just sends funds to your PayPal email address and it will show up in your PayPal account.
You will get an email notification from PayPal when the funds have been sent.
Just make sure that the transaction is complete (not pending) before you ship the merchandise.

gimix
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by gimix »

You could send the buyer an invoice, or the buyer can just pay you for goods. If the payment is greater than $750 you should request signature confirmation and tracking number from the shipping company to be covered by paypal seller protection. Make sure you only ship to the confirmed paypal address and add tracking info to paypal.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

I believe the "mechanics" of using PayPal have already been thoroughly discussed . Thus my only input is to the ease and security of PayPal.

Personally have done transactions and found it to be a very useful way to conduct business. It's a good third party way go affect transactions especially with "dolls" .

lemorte86

Post by lemorte86 »

Thanks everybody. I looked all over the selling area and couldn't find any info on it... For the most part seems legitimate. Thanks.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Here's the PayPal user agreement section that lists all the details regarding seller protection...

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/u ... nt-full#11

Ramador501
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Ramador501 »

I bought a doll from someone who never shipped it.Thanks to PayPal I was able to dispute the transaction.
Always there will be some people who are not honest. So the next time I will prefer to buy a doll from local pickup if it is possible. To avoid so many problems.

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

I bought my doll from 1AM and used PayPal.
If it's good enough protection for a vendor, I think you'll be ok.

FWIW to buyers, PayPal gave me 6 months to pay as I used their credit card! Even then, the Seller is paid in full. PayPal is just giving the Buyer 6 months with no interest to pay it off.
Beware though, if you go over that 6 months, you'll get whacked with interest charges that are pretty steep.

frank1701

Post by frank1701 »

There are also escrow services that will hold funds (in escrow) for a small fee until both parties are satisfied with the transaction. Ebay uses this type of service for large purchases such as vehicles.

gsccl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gsccl »

Thanks all you guys for the details, i'm thinking about selling my doll easily and safely right now. Apparently, paying for goods has more protection as paying to person is not considered as a transaction in Paypal.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

lemorte86 wrote:Ok I am very surprised this info isn't on here. How do I get protected as a seller on paypal? Does the seller just send money then I accept it? Or do I need to send him an invoice first? Someone explain how this works please?
We dropped paypal as a payment processor because they "froze" our money in some cases up to 180 days - and I am not talking about complains. Paypal is a joke and has almost no seller protection whatsoever. As a buyer you can simply order a product, receive it, tell paypal that you didn't receive it and get your money back. It's a mess. Everyone is talking about seller fraud, but no-one is really thinking about how risky it is to be a seller and work with paypal or other payment processors. For anyone who doesn't want to take my word for i, just google "paypal buyer fraud" ... we work only via bank wire now and its going perfectly. Yes, its more complicated but at least it protects both sides.

George
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Proof of delivery is all it takes to have your money "unfrozen"
For example, all you do is enter the tracking number from FEDEX
Once paypal sees the package is delivered, the funds are released.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

frank1701

Post by frank1701 »

doll+virgin wrote:Proof of delivery is all it takes to have your money "unfrozen"
For example, all you do is enter the tracking number from FEDEX
Once paypal sees the package is delivered, the funds are released.
It's not that easy with Paypal, once your account is "limited". They make you jump through all sorts of hoops to remove the limitation from an account, for reasons as simple as the IP address you log in from. If anything is deemed suspicious by Paypal, the account access is limited and funds are frozen for 180 days. They are then required to turn the funds over to the state (if in the US) as "unclaimed funds".
Paypal offers lots of buyer protections but as a seller you are "guilty until proven innocent".
I use them only as a last resort.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

There was one person selling a doll, because he did not ship in a timely manner, he had two disputes within a couple months so two reversals were done. Not a good thing, right?
At that point, PP would hold his money for about 30 days.
In my case, the person filed a claim, as soon as I entered the tracking number, funds were released.
I got an item on ebay, not as pictured. Filed a dispute. Sent pictures of what I got and I got all my money back.
If PP sees a huge increase in volume from selling anything, they can limit account pending answers like tracking numbers. It happened to me, i called them, gave status of about ten transactions and within 24hours, my account was back to normal.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS