www.wmdolls.com

Selling with paypal...

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Selling with paypal...

Post by xsdolls »

It's a question of your balance. If you're selling stuff for hundreds of dollars and have a turnover of a couple of thousands per month, Paypal doesn't really care so much about your account (as a seller) and responds much faster.

However if you are selling dolls, and have a turnover of over 50k $ a month for example, Paypal "loves" to find any possible reason to hold your money, even if it's just for a day. That has been exposed by former employees, lawsuits etc.

There is something else - currency exchange. I buy the dolls in Chinese Renminbi, but get paid in USD by my clients. Usually I keep transfers (in USD) for up to a month in my USD account before converting them into Chinese Renminbi or I just speculate on the USD/CNY exchange to make additional profit. Last week for example, the CNY went from 6.45 to 6.72 - on 10k USD that makes an instant profit of over 3500 RMB (about 500.00 USD) - Now imagine if you have control over millions, as Paypal does, even for just one day and speculate on the exchange market :)
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

palpal is a positive for the buyer .. buyer protection against fraud, hides your credit card number which is why I started using paypal. Also on foreign purchases I will get the best prices based on currency exchange rate of a stronger US dollar vs the euro and yen. As a disclosure, I have not purchased any dolls with paypal but have spent many thousands for mechanical equipment components.

I can see that this can work against the seller sometimes.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

xsdolls wrote:
lemorte86 wrote:Ok I am very surprised this info isn't on here. How do I get protected as a seller on paypal? Does the seller just send money then I accept it? Or do I need to send him an invoice first? Someone explain how this works please?
We dropped paypal as a payment processor because they "froze" our money in some cases up to 180 days - and I am not talking about complains. Paypal is a joke and has almost no seller protection whatsoever. As a buyer you can simply order a product, receive it, tell paypal that you didn't receive it and get your money back. It's a mess. Everyone is talking about seller fraud, but no-one is really thinking about how risky it is to be a seller and work with paypal or other payment processors. For anyone who doesn't want to take my word for i, just google "paypal buyer fraud" ... we work only via bank wire now and its going perfectly. Yes, its more complicated but at least it protects both sides.

George
Yes, Paypal is HEAVILY buyer biased. as a seller even if you have tracking info, buyer can pretty much just say not as ordered and get the full payment back.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Paypal is heavily buyer based as is Ebay.
"Not ordered and get money back?"
Not true.
Even if the person is a total liar, they still have to pay to have it sent back.
You could have also have documented proof of what was packed.
Why?
What if they keep what you sent and then send you something else?
I know....something to think about NO MATTER HOW YOU GET PAID.

http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

skyknight

Post by skyknight »

As someone without a credit card I'm pretty much limited to PayPal when it comes to international purchases.
I could also use bank transfer, but that adds hefty fees on transactions that go out of the country and doesn't have any protection at all. My Bank told me with transfer they could only get the money back if the reciever had not pulled it out of his account by the time. If it's not there anymore, there's no way for them to get it back to me. As a buyer that's too much risk for me even for small purchases. I'd like to have at least the level of protection that PayPal offers, even if it is only applies for a limited time.

With anything the price of a doll, I would never buy from someone who doesn't accept a payment method that gives me that minimum of protection! Even with the time limited buyer protection from PP it's a big leap of trust for me to send several hundreds or thousands of Euros to a foreign country.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Skyknight,
You are spot on. The buyer is protected very well with paypal.
The seller is not and some very honest sellers like George have had issues with
paypal and he is one of the good guys.
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

DR K

Post by DR K »

I am also thinking about selling a Riley doll (7 months old) and a RD2 body D (18 months old). I have bought many things with PayPal and feel very comfortable, but have never sold anything. I am nervous about how it works. I was thinking about local pick up only ( live in socal) but I have no clue as to how I would do that, meet somewhere crowded I assume, or in parking lot, but that could be risky. I would not feel comfortable with the transaction at my house.

skyknight

Post by skyknight »

doll+virgin wrote:Skyknight,
You are spot on. The buyer is protected very well with paypal.
The seller is not and some very honest sellers like George have had issues with
paypal and he is one of the good guys.
I understand George's point of view, because it's not the first time I heard about some people abusing the PP buyer protection! Those handfull of douchebags ruined it for the rest of us, because more and more sellers won't use it anymore!
But from a buyers point there are a lot of people that are limited to PP if they don't want to jump in completely unprotected(wich most of the potential buyers wouldn't with the amounts of money we are talking in the doll market)!

Even with PP I had a slightly strange feeling when I bought my fabric anime, because back then(2013) the protection was limited to 45 days(I'm glad they enlonged that time to 180 days) and had run out before the end of the estimated production time. I knew the protection would have run out before she's ready to ship and wouldn't have bought her if the seller didn't have a good reputation here on TDF. And that was just a few hundreds. Nobody wants to send thousands without any protection!

I can't speak much of the seller side, because I've only sold a few smaller things on ebay and none of them has gone for more than 90EUR. Never had any problems with buyers wanting their money back.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

One thing you could do is take pictures of what you are packing as proof of what is being sent. Or even a video.
Of course, your final picture would be of the box with the name and address.
Attachments
1ST.jpg
1ST.jpg (203.17 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
5TH.jpg
5TH.jpg (168.62 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
6TH.jpg
6TH.jpg (152.68 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
8TH.jpg
8TH.jpg (182.73 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (178.87 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
-princeoverit
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS