teddy-babes.com

my new used tbd

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: my new used tbd

Post by ARK ANGEL »

!Damien*< wrote:Some of my inspiration came from Coyote9's Velour Vixens. The smooth PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) material he uses for the insert and occasional accent areas could easily be shaped into a smooth eyeball. The goal is a cheaper version of the glass eyeballs that are better suited to silicone or TPE dolls. They would be installed into cavities and partially covered by the face to form the familiar eye shape on the surface. If the facial surface is snug enough you can get away with leaving the eyeballs loose in the cavities. allowing for posing.

The real feature I was looking for in the skeleton is the ability to detach and reattach the limbs at will, allowing for easy storage. The rotational joint from the quick-connect is secondary. I fully agree that mods should, where possible, work along the seams.

I could not find the revoL annerB link on the mouth, assuming it still exists. I did find something by rocco, though. The goal here is to allow enough of an opening for a passionate kiss or oral for those interested.
The member "revoL annerB", is far more prolific on the UKLDF, http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php more of his and Karrots mod posts exist there, I can't recall exactly which member started which post, but they are searchable there via many parameters.
The kissable open mouth was discussed by many of us, there are inherent problems with the lips being flexible without splitting, but the custom silicone variants shown in those threads could supply some answers.
Personally however, I can see no end of issues with textile eyeballs and would suggest ones used in silicone dolls would be a better starting point.

Pete.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i believe it was karrot that did the open mouth. he did it to his doll pinky on the back of her head so he can have both.

carlys_guy

!Damien*<
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by !Damien*< »

Coyote9 uses PUL for the lips of his creations. Far less risk of splitting or other degradation from silicone slowly drying out.

I know all about the painted glass eyeballs common to higher-end dolls, along with their high price. I was hoping a stuffed eyeball would be a reasonable, lower-cost intermediate between the glass eyeball and the painted patches used on plush dolls currently.

INFORMATIONS