www.wmdolls.com

A few starter questions

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: A few starter questions

Post by fenfen »

awsome! that's what I wanted to know!
Life is short.
If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several,......do not under any circumstances play hard to get.
Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
I just bought a Realdoll removable face that I am going to try and graft to a mannequin or styling head.
Both heads are vinyl w/a foam core. The styling head vinyl is softer than the display head vinyl.
The foam core is about the same density.

Styling heads usually come w/ built in hair. That is why I was happy to get Dominique as I wanted rooted in hair for the hair pulled back look. Can't do that w/a wig very easy unless you glue the wig on.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by John929295 »

rubherkitty wrote:I had thought about trying to mod a flexible mannequin but from what I have seen they don't pose "sexually" very well. The skeleton is gooseneck flex tubing that doesn't bend sharp at knees, hips, elbows, etc. These mannequins have been discussed a number of times on TDF.
But it may work for you or maybe you could install some better joints if you like?
Or you could remove the legs now and then?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I guess someone could make a twist lock connection for removable legs? I like complete dolls from head to toe so not my project to be.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by John929295 »

rubherkitty wrote:Higher end dolls generally have their own custom attachment. Other dolls just use various sizes of threaded post.
Doll heads can run from $200.00 - 800.00. If you are on a budget and can live w/ out a soft kissing head/ oral you can find a nice used mannequin display or styling head on eBay or craigslist for around $15.00 - 20.00.

I bought a headless mannequin that had a threaded hole on top of neck. I bent a loop on some all thread and screwed into neck. Attached a mannequin display head via flat washer on top, bent nail hooks and spring. First one was vamp Nikki. Second pic is her half sister Dominique who was a stylist trainer head. Attached the same way.
That is super ingenious. The spring runs through a vertically drilled hole to a washer on the top of the head?

Could you please show a more detailed picture of the bent nail hooks?

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by John929295 »

fenfen wrote:where is a good place to hunt for soft mannequins/parts?
I am wanting to start with a soft body and add/sew/mod silicon hands/feet/head to a soft body.

Has anyone ever seen full or medium size bisque hands or feet?
wow that would cool ambient i am sure a lil heavy.

How are most soft mannequins constructed? Are there diffrent types?
I guess you could cut the hands, feet and head from a blow-up-doll, and try to attach them to the mannnequin, in some ingenious way.

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by John929295 »

rubherkitty wrote:I bought a headless mannequin that had a threaded hole on top of neck. I bent a loop on some all thread and screwed into neck. Attached a mannequin display head via flat washer on top, bent nail hooks and spring.
Did you weld a hook to each side of the washer?

INFORMATIONS