Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Can a BT wear rings?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Shepard

Can a BT wear rings?

Post by Shepard »

On the site base doll I ordered was wearing several rings, but in reading here the hands need extra care.
Any recomendations ?

Thanks in advance !

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Can a BT wear rings?

Post by 0osik »

Rings are not the care issue. Azure has a few and has had one on for months without issue.

The care issue is finger pokes which is when the tip of the finger wire breaks through tip of the finger. There is a small ball at the end of the wire which helps. The big improvement was the Duracast option (developed after Azure :( ). This is a more durable silicone. This has REDUCED finger pokes. I have not heard anything negative from someone who selected the Duracast option.

You just need to be aware of where her fingers are when moving her, especially when moving her hands when she's in bed and covered.

Note that just recently Boy Toy included Duracast in all BT's (with the cost added), if your order predated the change from optional Duracast and you did not select the option you should be able to contact Boy Toy and add the option.

Congratulations on your order.

Azure awaits her new sister.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

Shepard

Post by Shepard »

That's so good to know, Your pictures of Azure are making shopping for Talia go better.< showing how things fit> Plus she's beautiful.

Tali has the duracast as a standard option, she's not due to come home till the end of April. It is odd how what started as a that's cool thing is now a her... She is a Dark Sky - the pink hair,piercings, and a few other minor changes.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

As many as she has fingers for and as many as you can afford! :wink:

AmberNicole
Doll
Doll

Post by AmberNicole »

Earrings, nose ring, and engagement ring! Oh, and belly button ring! I have it!! :D

Shepard

Post by Shepard »

Heard back from boy toy, that the fingers are a 5, thumb is a six. dependent on the maker .

After another Amazon shoping spree, not buying anything else till she arrives :D

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

AmberNicole wrote:Earrings, nose ring, and engagement ring! Oh, and belly button ring! I have it!! :D
Vani says to not forget the nipple and VCH rings.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Yea, the only issue would be if the rings get snagged on something while you are moving her, but then you should REALLY be careful never to let the fingers tough anything while your moving her, that is the #1 cause of finger pokes.

Also would be careful while pulling blankets over her/etc, if its a ring with something pointy on it that could easily catch on fabric. Don't let it touch her body if it has any remotely sharp corners that might cut the silicone either. Silicone is fixable but why would you want to have to fix it.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

INFORMATIONS