Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Lip Gloss, Cleaning, Eyebrows & etc. FAQs & please add! :)

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Lip Gloss, Cleaning, Eyebrows & etc. FAQs & please add! :)

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

So my BoyToy doll will be arriving hopefully by the end of this week!! So excited!!:
** I would love your opinions on some of these things I plan to buy: I realize some of these question have already been covered in previous posts & so if even you could direct me to some that might be helpful & relevant I would appreciate that too!
1. Lip Gloss: I've read here in some posts that all make-up should be "Powder-based" however I would like my doll to wear lip gloss occasionally & I found this one (below) that seems to have excellent reviews but it contains some "(Sunflower) Seed Oil" Plus I don't want to die of cancer from chemicals if I end up doing some kissing LOL! What are your thoughts?
http://www.elfcosmetics.com/p/ex-tra-lip-gloss
2. Lots of posts on cleaning the inserts... My doll's Insert will be made from silicone & from what I've read on here sounds like the best way is anti-bacterial soap & then a rinse with isopropyl alcohol. However should I go with the 70% Rubbing or the stronger 90%? What are your thoughts?
3. Oven Mitts to help prevent those finger pokes. I plan on modifying a pair by adding some Velcro for easy in & out of her hands. Do some of you use some?
4. Baby Powder: I've read that too much Talc powder can be bad for a person's lungs & heard good reviews of "Johnson's Corn starch Baby powder" that even has a not bad scent. I don't like that pure baby powder scent & wondered what some of you use?
5. In the future I was thinking of trying this: "Wunderbrow Perfect Eyebrows" As it's a semi-permanant way of making the eye brows look thicker as opposed to trying to glue some on. Has anyone tried this?
6. I've read here that some have had success with simply using a hair-conditioner or Fabric Softener" as a wig detangler or would you suggest going directly to a "Wig-Detangler" product?
7. I was wondering where to buy the best quality but least expensive wigs. (?) Any suggestions? I was thinking of using this company:
http://www.lightinthebox.com

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Lip Gloss, Cleaning, Eyebrows & etc. FAQs & please add!

Post by stacy718 »

the good news is boytoy dolls come with beautiful glossed lips, pretty much no matter which shade of lip color you've chosen!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Use cornstarch on your doll.
She can wear a large thick cotton socks on her hands. If you sleep with her put her mitted hands palm down in her lap. This will prevent damage.
The newer silicone is super soft, so no abrasive wash clothes. A terrycloth or similar will be good for her to get washed with.
Always bridal carry your doll,or pick her up with her facing you. And her legs around your waist.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

Great tips so far! Thanks! Hey has anyone tried "Wet ones" to clean their doll(s)? I love them LoL! So I'm going tot try them on Celeste when she arrives...has anyone tried something like: ""Wunderbrow Perfect Eyebrows"? Also anyone have posts about creating a dark "beauty mark" above the lips...

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Congrats, post lots of pics when she arrives!

:glou:
My Doll Album is here!

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Congratulations, great choice :D
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

ChaseroftheSun wrote:7. I was wondering where to buy the best quality but least expensive wigs. (?) Any suggestions? I was thinking of using this company:
http://www.lightinthebox.com
They have cheap crap wigs, but also nice price nice quality wigs. I bought some wigs there twice. See http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58377 and http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 29#p898029

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

ChaseroftheSun wrote:6. I've read here that some have had success with simply using a hair-conditioner or Fabric Softener" as a wig detangler or would you suggest going directly to a "Wig-Detangler" product?
Get a tangle teezer!

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=45308

Brush wig often!
My Doll Album is here!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

When I saw the pics of her in her For Sale thread I said "She's beautiful!"

I hope to see you really enchanted.

Best wishes

Harem

INFORMATIONS