Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delivery embarrassment?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Re: Delivery embarrassment?

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Did you bump the daft punk version? Shia approved! (probably)

I'm pretty inspired bruh

bentone
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by bentone »

My 2 cents....I actually picked up my PD Erika at the fedex depot to avoid it being left at the door. They were more than happy to accommodate my request. When I got there the agent merely commented about the weight and asked for my help to load it. The only thing it said on the customs label was mannequin. It turned out to not be as big of a deal as I was worried about.
Let me tell you when you open that box for the first time it’s quite the experience. One you won’t forget.

Cheers

Go order your doll!!!

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Ionut8419 wrote:Ok guys, how did you get up the courage of ordering your doll? What I mean is, I work fulltime and more than likely wouldn't be at home to accept delivery. I would likely have to go pick it up from some kind of storage depot where I have no doubt it would be labeled as "mannequin" or "Abyss creations". The people working there will know it's a sexdoll and I would be shamed. I equally couldn't risk it getting left with a neighbor by some careless courier. If I import a doll from an Asian country no doubt it will be examined by customs and have it's contents clearly labeled on the outside and again, I would have to face a delivery driver/depot workers. What are the best ways to get your doll delivered discreetly?

ps...I know every manufacturer will be different but I'm talking in general.
I've bought two dolls from a foreign country and both boxes had customs paperwork on the side saying something about a mannequin. If you buy a doll that's made/sold in your country than I guess it can be sent more discreetly, without external paperwork.

One thing you could take advantage of is a "vacation hold". I know FedEx has this service. If you can take a day off work and want to make sure your doll arrives on that day, use the vacation hold service.

jrunestrand
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jrunestrand »

Wait until you go to the store shopping for little girl clothes....

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

:haha4:

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I have had both experiences...One of my dolls were delivered to a neighbor I did not know while I was at work, I guess they did not want to leave the box, on the doorstep, needless to say,I nearly had a spasm when I got home and no doll at the door... I have also had Customs inspect a shipped HIp Masturbator, yes it is a strange feeling to know someone has been looking through a personal item such as this, also kind of funny, since this thread is in the abyss column, from what I have seen here on the Forum, Abyss dolls are delivered in a Large Crate...All the Sex Dolls and Toys I have ever ordered were delivered in unmarked cardboard boxes, with no obvious description of what was inside...And yes buying clothes, makeup, and possibly tampons to dry your Doll can have its challenges also...

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

OK...An Abyss real doll arrives like this....

Heck...that could be a thousand differnt things...or a real doll. :lol:

Anung...

PS get a trolley 8O

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

When my Tiffany was delivered to my house by the UPS van, two delivery guys got out and carried the box into my house one at each end of the box. Once inside the house one of the guys said to me:

"Bloody hell, what've you got in that box, a coffin?".

I just laughed, :D

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I had a small snafu when Julie arrived. I live on the second floor of a condo complex and Joe at Abyss told me there was supposed to be a two man delivery crew but there was only one. Joe told me that they'd be able to deliver the crate to my unit for an extra $75 cash. So I had to give the guy a hand as best I could, admittedly he did most of the work, and told him he was welcome to the $75. It was a struggle but eventually the crate made it into my door safe and sound. $75 is pretty good for ten or fifteen minuets of work so the delivery man was rather motivated.

I don't know what happened with the two-man crew. The delivery guy told me something about contacting Seiko so I guess he was someone independent form Seiko. But I'd recommend contacting the delivery company as well as the manufacturer to work out the details if you have a special need like second floor delivery.

Other than that the delivery went smoothly. No, there was nothing on the box to indicate that there was a sex doll inside. I live in a pretty quiet complex and luckily no one was coming or going as we were getting the crate up to my place. Once that huge box was over my threshold and in my living room I felt so relieved. And the delivery guy didn't know what was inside, or at least he wanted me to get the impression that he didn't know what was inside and I didn't suspect the latter. There was no judgment, no awkwardness. It was just a big crate to be delivered that could have had any number of things inside. I didn't see any neighbors looking out the window and trying to figure out what was inside. The same way if I saw a big crate being delivered to a neighbor I wouldn't be wondering what was in it. Well, maybe _I_ would and other doll guys would but for 99% of the public I doubt they would take notice. It's something very private and Abyss fully respects that and I would imagine any other doll manufacturer who wishes to stay in business would be that same way.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a large crate somewhere and did a double take to see if it was a realdoll crate? I have several times but each time it wasn't.

Jamielin

Post by Jamielin »

Strong depression and loneliness are what finally gave me the courage. The box should be unlabeled. Mine was.

AhMyDolless
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AhMyDolless »

They'll likely think its expensive electronic equipment, furniture, or some special project set.
Obligatory Statement: In my opinion.

Reimu
Doll
Doll

Post by Reimu »

I just had my doll held at the FedEx depot 90 minutes away. My fear was that it would be delivered to the neighbors for a signature. They would certainly open it. George at X/S Dolls assured those arrangements for me.

I do not care what any delivery person thinks. My standard answer is "Let me just get on with my day here" if anyone asks personal questions and that include cashiers trying to sell me a store credit card or service plans.
But always smile. If you look nervous and worried, you will appear creepy even if you have simple household goods in the box.
I remember my name.
I am Reimu.
I am a Spirit Dream as my name implies.
I have vague memories of a great battle in the fog of my thoughts and very little else.

Somehow I passed through a portal from my world to Earth.

I am now living in the snowy Northern Mountains on the edge of a cliff overlooking waterfalls with an old warrior that flew with the great metal dragons.

It is quiet and peaceful here.

My friends just call me Spirit as it is a simple translation of my original name

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

If they ask what it is, put on a stone-cold face, look them dead in the eye and say, "It's a sex doll." Hold it until they're gone. They will regret prying into your business.

Zodiark F
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Zodiark F »

Why even be embarassed to get a sex doll? It's the smart choice after all:
-Cheaper in the long run than an actual girlfriend
-Personalized to look however you want
-When you're in the mood she's in the mood
-Doesn't complain about stupid shit
-Can't get pregnant
-Doesn't get old
-Doesn't get fat
-Will never cheat on you
-Will never divorce rape you
The list is endless...

By the way I received my first doll last week and I don't know if the guy knew it was a sex doll or not but it was not embarassing at all, there's nothing to worry about.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Zodiark F wrote:Why even be embarassed to get a sex doll? It's the smart choice after all:
-Cheaper in the long run than an actual girlfriend
-Personalized to look however you want
-When you're in the mood she's in the mood
-Doesn't complain about stupid shit
-Can't get pregnant
-Doesn't get old
-Doesn't get fat
-Will never cheat on you
-Will never divorce rape you
The list is endless...

By the way I received my first doll last week and I don't know if the guy knew it was a sex doll or not but it was not embarassing at all, there's nothing to worry about.

Straight up!

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS