Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Storage question

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jimmyboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Storage question

Post by jimmyboy »

I have been admiring dolls, particularly realdoll’s from a distance for years and thought I knew all the ins and outs of these dolls. I recently took the plung and bought a realdoll; Stephanie preconfigured doll. Now that my delivery date is approaching I’m realizing I’m not as knowledgeable or prepared as I thought I was. I know the dolls have neck bolts for hanging storage, and I’m aware of stands that can be purchased. I’m really looking for a more concealed storage solution. I have basically two questions for realdoll owners: one, can the shipping container that the dolls arrive from abyss in be used, or be lightly modified to use, as an adequate storage solution? Two, what other hidden storage solutions do you know of that are available for under $300? I’ve placed that as my price cap because I could make my own locking storage cabinet for about half that price and if the price exceeds that price, I’d likely just build one myself. Any help with storage solutions would be greatly appreciated. My main concern with regard to concealment is that I really don’t want to explain to my kids why daddy has a woman hanging in his closet. My mother-in-law can be quite nosy as well when she visits so I’d like to have something that is not too obvious or attention grabbing to minimize questions/interest. I would also appreciate any advice that may not be common sense or something an avid doll fan may not know about owning a doll. The kind of practical advice that would help avoid some rookie mistakes for new doll owner. Thanks in advance!!

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Storage question

Post by rubyfan »

jimmyboy wrote:I have been admiring dolls, particularly realdoll’s from a distance for years and thought I knew all the ins and outs of these dolls. I recently took the plung and bought a realdoll; Stephanie preconfigured doll. Now that my delivery date is approaching I’m realizing I’m not as knowledgeable or prepared as I thought I was. I know the dolls have neck bolts for hanging storage, and I’m aware of stands that can be purchased. I’m really looking for a more concealed storage solution. I have basically two questions for realdoll owners: one, can the shipping container that the dolls arrive from abyss in be used, or be lightly modified to use, as an adequate storage solution? Two, what other hidden storage solutions do you know of that are available for under $300? I’ve placed that as my price cap because I could make my own locking storage cabinet for about half that price and if the price exceeds that price, I’d likely just build one myself. Any help with storage solutions would be greatly appreciated. My main concern with regard to concealment is that I really don’t want to explain to my kids why daddy has a woman hanging in his closet. My mother-in-law can be quite nosy as well when she visits so I’d like to have something that is not too obvious or attention grabbing to minimize questions/interest. I would also appreciate any advice that may not be common sense or something an avid doll fan may not know about owning a doll. The kind of practical advice that would help avoid some rookie mistakes for new doll owner. Thanks in advance!!
You can screw a lock clamp onto the wooden Abyss shipping crate and lock her up with a combination lock. Yes, she can hang indefinitely on the original shipping hook. The crate is large, so you’ll want to bury it in the back of a garage or something. Alternately, some guys buy storage beds (IKEA has a popular one) and add a lock to that so only you can open it.

Another option is to get a long yoga mat and store her under a standard bed covered in a sheet or blanket. You’ll want a bed skirt for the bed, and you’ll want to make sure she’s on the side of the bed against a wall. The. You can put under-bed storage containers to further obscure her. This method is the least secure, but can work in a pinch. There may be other sorts of lockable flight containers but I don’t know of any specifically and a $300 budget will be tight. You’ll still need someplace to store the carton. Good luck!
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

Brick

Post by Brick »

Use the wooden crate, stick a lock on it and put it in the closet. If I might ask, what doll body did you get? Because there are 2 size crates that are used by Abyss for shipment. Do not lay your doll on a flat surface for long periods of time. It will distort the gels in the butt and boobs, if there is pressure on them for too long. Always lay your doll on its side if you have to store in that position. Best to use the crate hanger if possible. I have seen hangers installed into walk-in closets and the owners have just installed locks on the closet door. Just a thought! As far as your mother in-law goes, lock your bedroom door and tell her you have bought a hand gun for a hobby and you will be keeping that door locked at all times because of the children. Again, just a thought...... :D
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Brick

Post by Brick »

jimmyboy wrote:I have been admiring dolls, particularly realdoll’s from a distance for years and thought I knew all the ins and outs of these dolls. I recently took the plung and bought a realdoll; Stephanie preconfigured doll. Now that my delivery date is approaching I’m realizing I’m not as knowledgeable or prepared as I thought I was. I know the dolls have neck bolts for hanging storage, and I’m aware of stands that can be purchased. I’m really looking for a more concealed storage solution. I have basically two questions for realdoll owners: one, can the shipping container that the dolls arrive from abyss in be used, or be lightly modified to use, as an adequate storage solution? Two, what other hidden storage solutions do you know of that are available for under $300? I’ve placed that as my price cap because I could make my own locking storage cabinet for about half that price and if the price exceeds that price, I’d likely just build one myself. Any help with storage solutions would be greatly appreciated. My main concern with regard to concealment is that I really don’t want to explain to my kids why daddy has a woman hanging in his closet. My mother-in-law can be quite nosy as well when she visits so I’d like to have something that is not too obvious or attention grabbing to minimize questions/interest. I would also appreciate any advice that may not be common sense or something an avid doll fan may not know about owning a doll. The kind of practical advice that would help avoid some rookie mistakes for new doll owner. Thanks in advance!!
Please feel free to PM me any time with questions, I own 5 Realdolls at present and have been in the Doll life for 9yrs. I am here to help if you need it......

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Yes, I agree with using the dolls crate for storage if you have room for it inside a closet or in a corner of a bedroom. Add a lock hasp or two with locks like Rubyfan and Zebo suggested for security. The crate is designed for the doll and a most perfect storage cabinet a you will already have it on hand.

Remove ALL of the staples that holds the plastic veil to the inside of the crate so you don't accidentally snag the sides of the dolls arms, hands, legs, knees or clothes that she may have on too when putting her inside or getting her out. It is easy to prepare the crate for storage of your doll as many people have done just that and use them for storage.

Like Brick said, If your doll must lay down for any long periods of time and she is a body D, E, F or even the new body A, she will have butt gels unless you had the doll created without them which is an option. She must be properly supported to prevent any possible damages to her butt gel and laying on her side is better on a SOFT plush surface. Moving the dolls position every few days if she is stored laying down is the best to help prevent and possible compression damages over time. Hanging your doll will be best as they are designed to be stored that way and so that is your best option whether on a doll stand or in the crate.

Like Brick, I have many RD dolls as well and I am a flaming fuss pot when it comes to the care of my dolls. :D

Brick

Post by Brick »

dodgeman wrote:Yes, I agree with using the dolls crate for storage if you have room for it inside a closet or in a corner of a bedroom. Add a lock hasp or two with locks like Rubyfan and Zebo suggested for security. The crate is designed for the doll and a most perfect storage cabinet a you will already have it on hand.

Remove ALL of the staples that holds the plastic veil to the inside of the crate so you don't accidentally snag the sides of the dolls arms, hands, legs, knees or clothes that she may have on too when putting her inside or getting her out. It is easy to prepare the crate for storage of your doll as many people have done just that and use them for storage.

Like Brick said, If your doll must lay down for any long periods of time and she is a body D, E, F or even the new body A, she will have butt gels unless you had the doll created without them which is an option. She must be properly supported to prevent any possible damages to her butt gel and laying on her side is better on a SOFT plush surface. Moving the dolls position every few days if she is stored laying down is the best to help prevent and possible compression damages over time. Hanging your doll will be best as they are designed to be stored that way and so that is your best option whether on a doll stand or in the crate.

Like Brick, I have many RD dolls as well and I am a flaming fuss pot when it comes to the care of my dolls. :D
As Dodge pointed out, even if you hang the dolls on a wall, there still needs to be support to her lower back to keep her butt off the wall. Even hanging, compression to her butt over long periods will cause deformity in the gels or permanent marks on the silicone. You are starting out well, always ask for advise from the old Bulls......we are here to help!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Zebo wrote:
dodgeman wrote:Yes, I agree with using the dolls crate for storage if you have room for it inside a closet or in a corner of a bedroom. Add a lock hasp or two with locks like Rubyfan and Zebo suggested for security. The crate is designed for the doll and a most perfect storage cabinet a you will already have it on hand.

As Dodge pointed out, even if you hang the dolls on a wall, there still needs to be support to her lower back to keep her butt off the wall. Even hanging, compression to her butt over long periods will cause deformity in the gels or permanent marks on the silicone. You are starting out well, always ask for advise from the old Bulls......we are here to help!
Agreed, I pillow behind a dolls lower back when hanging in the crate or any vertical surface like a wall will keep her butt off of a wall or the back wall of the crate a little and you can fold a pillow over for double the cushion and a little more clearance for her butt if needed to keep her in perfect condition. :D

jimmyboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jimmyboy »

Thank you all for the replies, they have definitely given me options and points to consider. I am wondering now about the dimensions of the crate. I ordered a body F (Stephanie config 1) with some cosmetic customizations. Does the size of the crate used change with the dolls height or in all dimensions? I never realized that they had more than one crate size but I guess it makes sense. Does any one know the dimensions of the crate that body Fs are shipped in? Sorry for the novice questions but I really would like to get these details worked out before I get my girl, which should be within a month to six weeks. Thanks again for the helpful advice and thoughtful responses. I truly appreciate it! Zebo, I may take you up on the offer to help in answering questions, I’m sure I have much to learn!!

Brick

Post by Brick »

I have 2 body f’s And a crate at home from one of them. I will post dimensions when I get home from work.....

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hey Brick, I know the crate dimensions right off the top of my head and so I will post them for Jimmyboy.

There are 2 crates and the body F doll with be shipped in the shorter of the two. The crate dimensions are 70 inches high, 32 inches wide and 21.5 inches deep but, you can use 22 inches for that measurement to even it up. The taller crate is 74 inches high and that is the only difference between the two and that one is used for taller dolls. So 70 in high, 32 in wide and 22 in deep. The skids can be taken off of the back of the crate to give a shallower depth dimension and will make the crate just 18 inches deep if that were done. :D

Brick

Post by Brick »

Thanks Dodge, you know I never even thought about taking the skids off. That does make the crate much thinner and lighter for movement and hiding it.... :D

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I have 4 Wicked dolls and a Realdoll.

I keep them in their crates if I am going to be away for any length of time.

Their original crates are PERFECT for storage.

I removed everything from the crate with the exception of the foam padding at the back, this way my girls have support and padding and they are as good today as when I got them, no harm has befallen them at all.

Also you can remove the mounting point in the crate and mount that into a closet so your girl may hang safely, again just make sure her cute butt is clear of the wall itself by having some padding behind her back as mentioned above.

Here is how my girls are:

Isn't she cute?

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

RicherRich

Post by RicherRich »

I don't mean to resurrect this thread, but if I'm getting a RD2 (Body D, FWIW), but the original shipping crate isn't an option. I would like a crate to store (and ideally SHIP it to me, too). Is there something that is out there, even if it costs $300 or so that would roughly be around the size necessary to ship it to me and then I could use it for storage?

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

RicherRich wrote:I don't mean to resurrect this thread, but if I'm getting a RD2 (Body D, FWIW), but the original shipping crate isn't an option. I would like a crate to store (and ideally SHIP it to me, too). Is there something that is out there, even if it costs $300 or so that would roughly be around the size necessary to ship it to me and then I could use it for storage?

The problem with buying a crate is not the initial cost of same but the expense to have it shipped to you.

Look locally in your area, there is someone that can build one for you.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

dodgeman wrote:Hey Brick, I know the crate dimensions right off the top of my head and so I will post them for Jimmyboy.

There are 2 crates and the body F doll with be shipped in the shorter of the two. The crate dimensions are 70 inches high, 32 inches wide and 21.5 inches deep but, you can use 22 inches for that measurement to even it up. The taller crate is 74 inches high and that is the only difference between the two and that one is used for taller dolls. So 70 in high, 32 in wide and 22 in deep. The skids can be taken off of the back of the crate to give a shallower depth dimension and will make the crate just 18 inches deep if that were done. :D
I question what you just said.

Quote via Realdoll website
"RealDolls are shipped by standard freight in an unmarked and secure wooden shipping crate. The crate is approximately 6’x2’x2′ and weighs about 200 lbs when loaded; the door is secured by screws. Inside the padded crate, the doll is safely hanging by a neck bolt on a removable mounting bracket which can be installed in your home for safe storage of your doll."

INFORMATIONS