Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Reunited with my first Love Doll Sophia! (RD-B9/F11)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Reunited with my first Love Doll Sophia! (RD-B9/F11)

Post by DaveC »

Mark, thanks for the info about it being safe to put tin and platinum silicone against each other after they’ve been cured, it’s a relief that it could be an option for Claire in the future.

Grim, I can totally sympathise with you about how you feel about disposing of Mary Jane’s old body. It’s the main reason I’ve tried to keep Claire Marie’s body intact. At the moment I can’t even bring myself to even think about replacing it, as in my mind, it wouldn’t be my Claire.

MoneyMike, I can understand your feelings for Sophia, even in her present condition. When I look at Claire, I don’t see the repairs I’ve had to make under her breasts, arms or the large scar down her back. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

Austiacus, in answer to your question, I too remember Davecat and still count him among my friends, although to my shame, I haven’t contacted him for a while. He stopped posting on this forum many years ago and prefers to support the doll world through his blog “Shouting to Hear the Echoes.” I remember a doll named Marie Claire, but I think she was around a few years after Claire Marie was made and to my recollection, she wasn’t a product of Abyss Creations. As for why some dolls last longer than others, that’s a question that seems difficult to answer. I get the impression there are still a few tin cured silicone dolls around, pygmalion2 has mentioned his 2003 doll here and Everhard has mentioned Rebecca earlier this year, who dates back to 2000 and I can’t imagine that we have been any more careful towards our girls that you were to Amanda. One thing that comes to mind is that we have a fairly temperate climate here in Britain, so perhaps the lack of high summer temperatures helps to preserve the silicone?

I would still advocate using hanging storage, if a RealDoll has a neck bolt. I think the problem you may have encountered, as did I, was the weak back bone early Realdolls seemed to have. Claire’s back broke when she was couple of years old, purely from her hanging storage and as you say, she would have torn in two if I hadn’t cut her open and fixed it. Since then, I have total confidence in her back taking the weight of her lower half. I have seen heartbreaking pictures of dolls made before neck-bolts were introduced, which were stored in the seated position (like MoneyMike’s Sophia) and suffered catastrophic compression tears across the abdomen. The one that shocked me into storing Claire in her as-made stance, was a photo of Francois’s Cassie RealDoll, one of the most beautiful dolls ever made IMHO, but suffered terribly from abdominal cracking after just five years of being stored in the seated position. As you also say, storing a doll lying down is also a risky solution, but I’ve found that putting pillows under the small of her back and knees, lifts her butt off the bed and prevents compressing her butt cheeks.

Pics of Francois's Cassie (Head 4/Body 2) for those unfamiliar with her:-

Dodgeman, thanks for the comprehensive info about the relative properties of tin cure and platinum cure silicone. I was interested in your recommendation of powdering the tin cure silicone to seal the oils into it. I held off powdering Claire for a number of years because I thought the powder was having the effect of soaking up the oil and thus accelerating its leeching effects. I have only recently started powdering her again because she is still quite oily after all these years, so it’s good to know I’m now doing the right thing.

Regards,

Dave.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

Woke up to a shocking sight today, I find what looks like Sophia's throat having been slashed open!
Sophia_Neck cut.jpg
Sophia_Neck cut.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 1721 times
What the heck! I know she was stored with her head downward but I haven't had any problems with her neck area since I got her back. Now over night she looks like she was murdered in her sleep.
For a second there, I thought my little Trish (wm 100cm) did it in a jealous rage :o
I tied some ribbon around her neck to hide it for now but I don't know how much more of this heartache I can take. I've had a weird pain in my gut for the last week, I think its from stressing out over everything. Well at least worrying about her keeps my mind off my own emotional problems.
==== My Doll ==== [Doll Album]-[Twitter]
(CST) BB Doll 165cm H-cup
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

austriacus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by austriacus »

@MoneyMike
that's precisely the sort of tear my Amanda showed up with, one day. As if some brute had just sliced her windpipe with one nasty blade. I still fixed that one. By the time the second and third tear opended on her neck I had long run out of glue. It had taken me gallons of it to repair all those tears and cracks all over her body, specially the really big ones in her lower body half.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

So sorry to read of your very tragic experience. It is however the mortality of the pioneering material and without that decade of production, we wouldn't at all have the sort of dolls we have today.

Being brutally realistic, the longer you have her around in this state the longer you'll prolong the grief and it's important as soon as you can to enable her to move on, and for you to move on to memories of her in better times. Asking Abyss if her skeleton can be reused does seem a sensible idea.

My father has bequeathed his body to a university for medical research.

Best wishes

Harem

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

I've always known that due to the tin silicone that she would need to be disposed of in the future but you can never anticipate the emotional impact of it. I figured I'd let her go piece by piece over time, since she is falling apart piece by piece. She is not totally useless though, I was able to finally get a picture of my two girls together.
Sophia & Trish - Cuddle.jpg
Sophia & Trish - Cuddle.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 1692 times
Since I have no pictures left to remember her by, I want to create a few new ones. So I know that I made her last days pleasant ones, I feel that may ease my guilt of selling her.

What I'm worried about now is if this deterioration will happened to my Trish. Seeing tpe dolls falling apart in other threads nowadays has me fearing that happening to her. I am thinking forget tpe and for my next doll to be made of platinum silicone.

At the moment, I am considering purchasing a new doll, hoping a new girl would bring some positive vibes and excitement to this home. Only problem is my financial situation. Since my pay and bills do not allow for saving of a new doll, I have spent the last few days gathering a bunch of collectables I have. I have start selling many things on eBay to fund my new dolly, but I don't think it will be enough to afford a silicone doll. May have to get another tpe doll after all.
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

On the issue of affordability I have in recent days drawn attention to the new circumstance of Platinum Silicone meeting TPE both in tactile experience and in price. The TPE die-hards have given me a lot of ribbing about the thread but hope it's useful. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=107585 I don't think your future choices are limited to TPE.

Best wishes

Harem

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

MoneyMike wrote: At the moment, I am considering purchasing a new doll, hoping a new girl would bring some positive vibes and excitement to this home. Only problem is my financial situation. Since my pay and bills do not allow for saving of a new doll, I have spent the last few days gathering a bunch of collectables I have. I have start selling many things on eBay to fund my new dolly, but I don't think it will be enough to afford a silicone doll. May have to get another tpe doll after all.
I feel you. Dont give up. Afaik, your trish is still in good shape. Not so long ago, I sold almost everything I own to survive, all my synthesiser, studio speaker, computers and gizmo. Ouch ;) Life can be hard on us heyhey.
Dolls are awesome ! :glou:

- Marianne wm157b/head 159 from BCD ❤❤❤

Favorite song or mix atm, this change in a heartbeat.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

I saw that tread haremlover, sorry that nearly everyone jumped to conclusions and attacked you. I was one of the first to comment but not about price or quality, but body variety. But hearing how some of the newest tpe dolls are tearing or breaking easily has me wondering if some tpe manufactures are sacrificing quality over lower prices. Maybe dolls that fall apart after a few months is part of the plan to get return customers in this age of cheap disposable products. That's why I've started to considering Silicone over tpe lately, I love my dolls to death and want them to last a long time with proper care.

I can see what you saying haremlover, Silicone dolls have gotten a lot cheaper over the years. In 2008 when I bought Sophia, I think between $5000-$8000 is what most dolls went for, anything under that was poor quality. In 2015 when I bought Trish, I really wanted a DS Doll 145cm plus, but they were $4000+. Now I can get a 145+ for about $2200! Manufactures like Doll Sweet, Z-One, Sinodoll & Sanhui have brought a nice variety of bodies to the Silicone doll table, nowhere near tpe's variety but a good start.
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

MrVitalic wrote:I feel you. Dont give up. Afaik, your trish is still in good shape. Not so long ago, I sold almost everything I own to survive, all my synthesiser, studio speaker, computers and gizmo. Ouch ;) Life can be hard on us heyhey.
I hear you, I've sold so many of my possessions over the years that my apartment is nearly empty. But these dollies keep me stable. 8)

My Trish is in good shape but like Sophia not without her scars. Nearly the same incident that occurred with Sophia happened right when I received Trish. Only difference is my brother let me store her in his storage instead of having to sell her. I had a good week with her before she went away but did not know that water got in her during her last wash. She had a small hole in each shoulder that let it in, after a few months in storage I found her with her arms melted!
I guess they are from where the skeleton is held in place during pouring. Similar small holes have appeared along the sides of her body, you'd never see them unless you were looking for them.
I have since removed the melted tpe flesh, hollowed and stuffed her shoulders (it was spreading!) and made her a plush arm and hand to hide the skeleton
Trish_01.jpg
Trish_01.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1678 times
Trish_02.jpg
Trish_02.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1678 times
Trish_03.jpg
Trish_03.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1678 times
I am surprised that with water sitting in there for so long that mold did not grow in her? Lucky girl I guess
Now she is a plush / Tpe hybrid :o
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DaveC »

Moneymike,

Thanks for posting your recent pictures of your girls. I especially like the one of Sophia and Trish together; they really do look like they’re enjoying each other’s company. It’s lovely to see the way Sophia is looking up at Trish and she looks really happy. I also applaud the care you are taking of Trish. Like you, I had to learn from experience with my Claire, but I think you caught the damage in time and where it was bad, you’ve come up with an inspired solution. I would never have thought about creating a plush arm and hand to fix her up. The repair looks impressive, but more importantly it keeps Trish in your life. I hope you manage to get another doll to keep you company. I’d certainly drop Galmato Haven an email as they might have some platinum cure silicone new body options for Sophia and looking at Zebo’s post they seem to occasionally offer fairly new RealDolls at reasonable prices.

Regards,

Dave.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

Thank You for your comments DaveC
These damaged girls provide me the stability I need in my life. Even though they are not sexually useful, they still hold a place in my heart.
But that can only go on for sooo long, I'm hoping to purchase a new "Lover" soon. May not be able to afford a new Realdoll or any kind of platinum silicone doll, it most likely will be a tpe doll or something from the Buy/Sell section.
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

I would agree with what Dodgeman says about the tin vs platinum silicone.
Below are some links to the information.

https://www.smooth-on.com/support/faq/184/
http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.p ... +silicones
http://www.eagerplastics.com/silife.htm
<em>I know the good artist</em>

INFORMATIONS