Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll Rental

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Would you Rent/Hire a RealDoll?

Yes, Deninitely
45%
Not sure, Maybe
14%
Definitely Not
41%

Total votes: 149

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: RealDoll Rental

Post by Dollarhyde »

I'm sorry but renting out a RealDoll that's almost like asking, "Hey can I rent out our girlfriend/wife for a while". My answer would be a big NO if I didn't shoot the person first.

Yes, I know there are some out there who would wife swap and do that whole swinger thing but that's just my thing... I look at RealDolls or any high end doll as art which has been taken to the next level. I'm sure there are those who would rent out their dolls but I think the majority are pretty possessive of their ladies.

That's just my opinion. It's neither right or wrong it's just an opinion.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

What if the place was set up with a theme; maybe something like a medieval setting and all the dolls are dressed in period wear. Upon entry you will don a period robe and be pointed to a room of posed maidens (and Lords?).
Or it's set up like a wax museum with the dolls portraying figures from history, or popular culture (loosely portrayed so you won't have to pay royaltees).
Or how about a Futuristic/Spacey background, dance music, mylar jumpsuits, and alien make-up and skin-coloring (Kirk's blue chick, or Jabba's slave girl)?

Sound like more fun now? Like Dirty Disney. No Presidents though.

Once selected, the doll will be brought to a room and undressed by staff members to avoid damage, internally heated, and (optionally) injected with lube while you continue your tour or hang by the juice bar. When you enter the room, the doll will still be wearing some period/theme oriented underwear to leave something to the imagination.

On the practical side; if someone wanted to do this they'd need to work with a specialty insurance company to cover the dolls like they cover figures at amusement parks that could get damaged by tourists. Also the dolls can use inserts to reduce the instance of STDs. Maybe cheaper throw-away inserts can be made; no concerns if they tear.

Don't worry Dollarhyde, they can use PIBs.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

AlexKnight wrote:A company in the Netherlands once started a Realdoll rental service, and one of the first customers who rented the doll, dollnapped her, and disappeared.
Several months later, the doll was returned, in very bad shape, I might add.

Mytime bought the doll, and fixed her to the best she could be.

There would have to be a lot of safeguards against this, and by using those safeguards, the rental should only be allowed at a personal address, which immediately creates a lot of other problems.

Also, a lot of people who get something, which isn't their own, won't treat it with the respect it deserves, so, with dolls, they wouldn't be bothered much if the doll was damaged. And good luck getting more money out of people, if they don't want to pay. Asking a deposit at the same level as a new doll won't attract customers either.

There's just too much risk involved. Silicone dolls aren't indestructible, they're pretty delicate, and if handled poorly by someone with no knowledge about the doll, damage is easy to happen.

It's like renting a car to someone without a driver's license, and absolutely no experience in driving a car at all, the car would be returned as a wreck.
Car rental services check certain things, but with dolls, you can't do that.
It wasn't Howard Stearn or one of the schmucks who works for him, was it?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

I've read or listened something about projects but the most of them aren't realized or are closed yet. The only working RD rental service I know is at World of Erotic, Kassel.

Ekkehard

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

I'd be interested in paying to see a Realdoll, let alone anything else, Being in New Zealand they are very rare.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

David Ian
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by David Ian »

walkerj48 wrote:Hi All

I'm new on here but wondered if anyone is interested in renting a realdoll?
i'm based in the UK (East of England) and have several Real Dolls that i am considering renting out on a weekly basis. Not sure on what i'd charge or anything like that but if anyone is interested let me know and we can discuss cost and logistics etc....
Hi there, I'm new too. Would you have any male dolls for rental?

Klown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Klown »

raysmod wrote:I'd be interested in paying to see a Realdoll, let alone anything else, Being in New Zealand they are very rare.
Given the health risks, I think just having dolls to look at, fondle and play with (without full sex) would be the best idea.

You can't visit a shop to see what a doll is really like, so most people have to rely on photos or other people's opinions before investing a lot of money in buying a doll, which may turn out to be a disappointment as soon as they open the box. If there were several doll types in one place, it would be worth the trip to compare and so make an informed choice. I'd be up for that.

You may even be able to get a commission on sales!

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Klown..... I'd pay $100 to see a doll. The owner would only need two or three people coming a week and they'd make a living from it, if they diversified and marketed other things, too. Few people are disappointed by the look of the dolls but other factors like weight, are noticed as a negative factor, later.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Ekkehard wrote:The only working RD rental service I know is at World of Erotic, Kassel
I noticed the used doll they offer for Immediate sale had that "broken plane" problem on the chest. Perhaps the kind of damage one could expect after renting.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Post by Kazuo »

It depends what for.

For sex? NO! It’s the same reason you don’t share a tooth brush.

For modeling, acting or a photo shoot? Maybe. I don’t trust other men with my RD.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

@NetWit,

some months ago I saw this doll at "World of Erotic", Kassel. At this time the repair of this doll was going on. What happened? This doll was totally broken at the hime joint and had some damages at the legs and arms. A similar case was described here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 80&start=0. Mr. Klee restored this doll.

And Mr. Klee had to restore an another doll with the same damages. Of course this takes some time, may be some months.

For doll rental Mr. Klee uses a RD1 with the name "Jenny" (look at the pic).

Ekkehard
Attachments
Realdoll Jenny
Realdoll Jenny
Jenny.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 5592 times

harry_palmas
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by harry_palmas »

I most definitely would if you were closer to Los Angles.

size_envy_5

Post by size_envy_5 »

I would be VERY interested. You ever come to LA?

Cameron121

Post by Cameron121 »

i'm based in the UK (East of England) and have several Real Dolls that i am considering renting out on a weekly basis. Not sure on what i'd charge or anything like that but if anyone is interested let me know and we can discuss cost and logistics etc....
How much will you charge and can you send the pics of the dolls thanks.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Cameron121 wrote:

How much will you charge and can you send the pics of the dolls thanks.
Hi Cameron121, welcome to TDF :)

walkerj48 hasn't logged on to TDF since the end of 2010, so I don't expect him to reply.

INFORMATIONS