Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Talking my wife into a real doll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

dollforum
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollforum »

hey guys, how did You all talk your wives, for those with them, into going for it?

curious, did the wives get jealous of your RDs? how did you handle it?

Timberline0Z
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Timberline0Z »

Its very quiet.

Too quiet.

My guess is that their wives didn't handle it so well and chopped them into small pieces. :wink: :P

quatlox
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by quatlox »

hit the enter butten twice

quatlox
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by quatlox »

My wife gave up on me a long time ago.

She just said fuck it, if thats what makes him happy, let him go for it.

I don't even ask her if I can buy something, cause the first thing out of her mouth is $how much$?

If I can afford it and don't go in debt for it, I can buy what I want and don't need her permission. I always show her the stuff I buy and sometimes she finds out it's here before I do. She was home when UPS delivered the COM doll, all she did was call me at work and tell me that UPS just dropped off this big ass box and she bets that there is a doll in it.

She is pretty cool about it, her biggest concern is me spending Big $ Bucks on my hobbie, but she doesn't mind as long as I keep all of my toys in my room (Batcave) and out of her part of the house.

Just lucky I have such an understanding woman.

quatlox

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

quatlox wrote:I don't even ask her if I can buy something, cause the first thing out of her mouth is $how much$?
Sounds like your wife and my husband should get together, they'd have alot in common :lol:

Rainy

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

Glory wrote:I'm pretty easy, as long as he told me I wouldn't be getting laid any less after we got a doll he could have as many as he wanted.
To hear my married friends tell it, if the wife thought she wouldn't have to put out so much, they'd be all for it.

dollforum
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollforum »

i can see my wife bringing that up at the next argument, and using it.. eg "and why do you need that thing anyways aren't I good enough for you" blah blah blah lol...

women! can't live with em, can't build your own. Oh hey wait yeah you can that's what RDs are for :o

timothius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by timothius »

I'm not married but I did have the same issue with my current girlfriend before getting Tina. I approached it rather carefully, bringing the website and called her in the room saying "look what I found" and treated it kind of like a joke. She didn't say anything negative and remarked how lifelike they looked. Then over a period of a few months I would bring it up again a few times to acclimate her to the idea of realdolls in general, then of owning one. In the final discussion and asked how she'd feel if I got one, she said if I did she'd know I wouldn't be out cheating on her when she travels, which she does about every other week with her job. When ordering I also got my girlfriend's input on the design so she'd have some at least some sense of ownership and know I considered her feelings and opinions.
tsr

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Buyer Beware:
One time there was someone posting TDF who had a wife or girlfriend (girlfriend, I think) who was all in favor of the RDoll.
Then when the doll arrived, she saw how realistic it looked and wanted him to get rid of it.
Just something to think about.
I'd rather see a happy owner than see someone plunk down that kind of money, only to sell it right away on e-bay for 2000 USD less than he paid for it.
Course, on the other hand, someone else can get RDoll cheap that way...

Okay, never mind. Please ignore this post. I made the whole thing up. :) :wink:
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

timothius wrote:When ordering I also got my girlfriend's input on the design so she'd have some at least some sense of ownership and know I considered her feelings and opinions.
tim, I think that's a very good approach. I know I would appreciate such consideration myself. I think when it comes time for us to order hubby will give me a free hand--the dolls just don't interest him much.

Rainy

12345play

getting rdoll

Post by 12345play »

if the sex is not that great or is getting a lot less frequent that is a sign of divorce on the horizon, i say kick wife out and go get you a doll

soon2be

Re: getting rdoll

Post by soon2be »

12345play wrote:if the sex is not that great or is getting a lot less frequent that is a sign of divorce on the horizon, i say kick wife out and go get you a doll
Make sure to get and study the fun course at www.divorceprep.com long before dumping your wife.

My wife is very pretty but unlike a pretty doll, she whines, complains, and belittles me. Imagine a great looking doll who only says what you want (via a computer with custom MP3s) - I can hardly wait for a few months from now when I dump my cold fish and start enjoying sex and sleeping whenever I wish!
"Quick tempered queen knows what she wants -
and what I got is what its not" - Devo.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Soon2BeDivorced wrote:Imagine a great looking doll who only says what you want (via a computer with custom MP3s)
This could actually get boring after a while.

Ever been on a date where she just sits there expressionless, and just looks at you? It's good for the ego for about ten minutes, then it's boring.

Programming modules should each have a number generator, so that within each conversational context module, there are a few programmer defined things the doll can say at random - but within context.

Just like Hal in <i>2001: A Space Odessey</i>, it was programmed to win at chess a certain percentage of the time, but you never knew when it would win or lose. Just like with <i>Hal</i>, if they ever could come up with <i>Blade Runner</i> AI females, it might be better to have it programmed to disagree with you once a week and argue with you once a month - believe it or not.
It's just that she won't hit you, throw something at you, and she won't cheat on you.

Oh, you turn me on when you're angry - you animal! Then she puts her tongue in your mouth...
Okay, enough...
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

12345play wrote:if the sex is not that great or is getting a lot less frequent that is a sign of divorce on the horizon, i say kick wife out and go get you a doll
I wouldn't say this is the most mature response. Believe it or not, some men actually love their wives. Not only that, but some have children that they love even more. Divorce is not an easy thing to do. Turn it around, how would you feel if, when you got older, your wife dumped you because you couldn't get it up as much as you used to?

Comparing dolls to real women has always confused me because you're comparing a human being to an inanimate object. They are two separate things.

Rainy

soon2be

Post by soon2be »

Raingirl wrote:
Divorce is not an easy thing to do. Comparing dolls to real women has always confused . They are two separate things.
Rainy
Yes, I agree with you - but as has been said many times - masterbation is better than with a crummy partner. Having a pretty doll with your eyes and ears filled with loving positive sexy stuff makes masterbating with uncaring cold dolls hotter than the real thing with an uncaring cold partner.
"Quick tempered queen knows what she wants -
and what I got is what its not" - Devo.

INFORMATIONS