Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Stand Review

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Stiletto

Re: Real Doll Stand Review

Post by Stiletto »

Stiletto wrote:There's very little clearance so you have to use the butt pad at all times. It works for posing but you can't let the doll hang freely for storage or dressing/cleaning.
Though to be fair the RD stand looks to have the same limitation.

Can someone who has one confirm that the butt pad needs to be used at all times to keep the doll from pressing against the upright post?

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I don't have a Realdoll stand, but a G. one, and without the butt pad, the doll pretty much hangs against the pole as well, but the pad can be lifted a little, so it rests against her lower back, which is a much better place for long time hanging than on her butt.

With the pad in her lower back, her butt doesn't come close to the pole, with the stand you pictured, the pad is right against the pole, so there's not much room to move.

The Realdoll stand also has some clearing between the pad and the pole, so it can be adjusted to rest against the lower back as well, without the butt touching the pole, which can be seen in Wim's sideways picture.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

AlexKnight wrote:
The Realdoll stand also has some clearing between the pad and the pole, so it can be adjusted to rest against the lower back as well, without the butt touching the pole, which can be seen in Wim's sideways picture.
And that butt is an very important cuddling feature. No pole pad will stop me from that :haha4:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

And right you are :D :lol:
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Supersoul wrote:Sounds great Anassilao, I'm sure you would be very happy with it and I'm sure we would be happy with the resulting photos from you having an Abyss stand for your georgouse Lolly :mrgreen: It would complement your excellent self built stand very well too I think.

The great thing about photo editing out this stand is it is not bulky, so there are very clean minimalist lines to work with, and in the other case good ol'e fashioned camouflage works well due to its colour. the following photo has no photo editing at all.

This shot you can see a little of the stand through Jades legs but it was not enough to worry about, the dolls can hide the stand very well just with good placement.

I am in the beginning of the process of doing a 'How too' user guide for proper setup, I hope to add it to this review before the end of the year, I'm going to try to make it a video, stay tuned!
The proper posing in order to completely distract the viewer's attention doesn't hurt either. :twisted:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

What a great review on the Realdoll stand Supersoul. I originally purchased one of these stands for my 1ST-PC Natalie around 2 years ago. However since receiving my Realdoll Kelly-Lee a few weeks ago, the stand has now only been occupied by Kelly ever since. Plus it only seems right to have a Realdoll on a Realdoll stand. :lol: Anyways looks like I'm going to have to get another Realdoll stand for the new girl who is coming to stay with me very soon. :wink: Here pic's of both Natalie and Kelly-Lee on the Realdoll stand!

Nova-I
Attachments
normal_IMG_4026.jpg
normal_IMG_4026.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 9655 times
normal_Natalie_Black_Dress-Red_Roses_3.JPG
normal_Natalie_Black_Dress-Red_Roses_3.JPG (106.58 KiB) Viewed 9655 times

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

I wish Abyss would make the stand with lockable wheels, this would allow it to be used for storage, and also allow easy movement of your doll from room to room and various locations, without all the lifting and carrying.

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Nova-I I'm glad your stand has helped with your new girl, and great that it can be used for more than just Real Dolls, as long as there is a neck bolt I guess it can be a very useful piece of equipment for any doll owner!
I am still very much enjoying my stand, over the holidays I did about 14 full photo shoots and it was used in almost all of them, the versatility for different locations and spaces available was really handy.
But more than that it is just fantastic to be able to enjoy these magnificent creations just standing and hanging out around the house, the presence they bring to the home is uncanny.

It certainly makes cleaning a breeze as well as you can access every where without much effort (I used to clean them in the crate!) then of course you have the powdering and redressing and by the time I have done all that I am ready to get her filthy again! :mrgreen:

I am still keen to do a video on the stand and how to get the best out of it, I have tried a couple of attempts but I was not happy with it, I would rather take the time and do it properly.

Thanks for your comments guys :D

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

Nova-I wrote:What a great review on the Realdoll stand Supersoul. I originally purchased one of these stands for my 1ST-PC Natalie around 2 years ago. However since receiving my Realdoll Kelly-Lee a few weeks ago, the stand has now only been occupied by Kelly ever since. Plus it only seems right to have a Realdoll on a Realdoll stand. :lol: Anyways looks like I'm going to have to get another Realdoll stand for the new girl who is coming to stay with me very soon. :wink: Here pic's of both Natalie and Kelly-Lee on the Realdoll stand!

Nova-I
I also have a PC Natalie doll. What I did for a her was buy a coat hanger that you can hang over the top of a door. It's are made out of medal so its very strong and will not bend. It will hold my "Natalie/Brandy" well and it makes her about eyelevel to me. . I also bought a Real Doll stand for my new Lisa " Angela model" and am happy with it....
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

Since I am on the Real Doll stand thread, can they develop a Real doll stand that has wheels on the bottom?. Then you could just push her where you want to without having to carry her. I bought one of the lightest dolls Real Doll makes and even for me it's hard to carry her around ...

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

Maggie_Mae69 wrote:
Nova-I wrote:What a great review on the Realdoll stand Supersoul. I originally purchased one of these stands for my 1ST-PC Natalie around 2 years ago. However since receiving my Realdoll Kelly-Lee a few weeks ago, the stand has now only been occupied by Kelly ever since. Plus it only seems right to have a Realdoll on a Realdoll stand. :lol: Anyways looks like I'm going to have to get another Realdoll stand for the new girl who is coming to stay with me very soon. :wink: Here pic's of both Natalie and Kelly-Lee on the Realdoll stand!

Nova-I
I also have a PC Natalie doll. What I did for a her was buy a coat hanger that you can hang over the top of a door. It's are made out of medal so its very strong and will not bend. It will hold my "Natalie/Brandy" well and it makes her about eyelevel to me. . I also bought a Real Doll stand for my new Lisa " Angela model" and am happy with it....
Before I had my RealDoll stand I would do something similar with Natalie. I would run a nylon cargo strap (type with a hook) over the top of door and tie a big knot on the other side to act as a stop when the door is closed. You just had to remember not to open the door while she is hanging there. After I got my RD stand I didn't have to do this anymore and it made life so much easier.

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

I have about 3 of those coat hangers around the house. One if for the dolls and or wigs. One I hang their dresses, bras or other clothes and one is for my coats. They each have 5 rungs and hold 10 items .

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Supersoul,
Thanks for this detailed and well described Abyss Realdoll stand review.
Of course you can build nice doll stands with some hardware when you have the time, the skills and the tools at home but sometimes the investment is more expensive depending on what you want.
It's more the personal value to create something self made and there are good hints and nice doll stands on TDF :thumbs_up: .
+++ IMO this product is worth the money +++

Guy

Homelessfish

Post by Homelessfish »

A great review but wheels and size are our concern here. How to store and move her around without taking up half the room.

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Hi Homelessfish, wheels I personally have never had the need for, the Real Doll Stand is so light and compact comparatively speaking, its like a heavy duty photo or video tripod. But its horses for courses really. if you have a large studio where you can wheel the doll around to different parts of the room that would be a great option, for me though I like fast deployment, efficient use of space both floor space and doll dressing space (not to mention clean up space, if you want to give your doll a full clean up and powder this stand is fantastic for that role) so for me the Real Doll stand is a great choice. You don't need to deploy the legs to full spread, you can have a doll standing safely using only a couple of feet of floor space if you set it up right, safely and use the largely lost art of common sense. I like to have one of my dolls on the stand in the door way to my bedroom, its great because the legs of the stand flow along the walls so two of the legs are hard up against the wall taking up little space, a third leg out in front is not ever really in the way at all, she just stands there looking jaw dropping and I like to slip past her, for safety I have to lightly brush against her to not knock into her and that is always a nice experience, a loving touch :oops:

Mid winter light I just had to grab, made for some nice pictures as you can see in Jades 3 year review found here. http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 28#p676528

I have been actively using this stand for quite a while now and the more time goes on the more I cant live with out it, it is just a really good product, your needs and desires may very though.

INFORMATIONS