Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Any Doctor Who fans here????

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Any Doctor Who fans here????

Post by james1969 »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

Actually, the autons were not a race but a tool used by the Nestine to conquer worlds.

Ahhh,.. the good old days of the 3rd Doctor and the Brigadier.

Playtime.
Heh heh, my mistake there, i knew of the Nestine from the fourth doctor series John Pertwee.Master was working with Nestine breifly then, and Brigadeer Leftbridge Stuart was the classic British officer wasnt he?
cracked me up . They even mentioned him in a recent episode ,and his daughters in charge of U.N.I.T. for years now

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

james1969 wrote:
i knew of the Nestine from the fourth doctor series John Pertwee.Master was working with Nestine breifly then, and Brigadeer Leftbridge Stuart was the classic British officer wasnt he?
cracked me up . They even mentioned him in a recent episode ,and his daughters in charge of U.N.I.T. for years now

John Pertwee was the 3rd Dr, Tom Baker was the 4th Dr (also longest serving Dr), but yes it was the 3rd Dr and the Brigadier who had to deal with them.
And yes,.. The Brig's daughters still worked for UNIT.

In fact with the revival of Dr Who in the first episode I thought they were dealing with them all over again,....
Nestine.png
Nestine.png (66.55 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
But they made out a new race.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Actually, the autons were not a race but a tool used by the Nestine to conquer worlds.

Playtime.
Don't forget that the Brigadier and the Doctor go back to when Patrick Troughton played him.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

katiesBoyfriend wrote:

Playtime.
Don't forget that the Brigadier and the Doctor go back to when Patrick Troughton played him.
True,..

But when they first met if I remember correctly Leftbridge Stuart wasn't a Brigadier then, he hadn't been promoted until later on.
We did get to see Sargent Benton rise through the ranks as the series went on,...
Ahhh, those days an an NCO,...
I remember them well,...
;)

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,...

katiesBoyfriend wrote:

Playtime.
True,..

But when they first met if I remember correctly Leftbridge Stuart wasn't a Brigadier then, he hadn't been promoted until later on.
We did get to see Sargent Benton rise through the ranks as the series went on,...
Ahhh, those days an an NCO,...
I remember them well,...
;)

Playtime.

Damn, my memory doesnt go back that far, guess i need a tardis for that, or a rejuvenation process. :D Well ive got gardening to do, triffids in the backyard to remove , or maybe my eyesights going too. :wink:

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Ahhh,... the Triffids,...
Another set of movies I kinda liked,... Triffids the Zombies of the flora world!
;)

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Ahhh,... the Triffids,...
Another set of movies I kinda liked,... Triffids the Zombies of the flora world!
;)

Playtime.
Yeah, another great sci fi from britain. And the remake they did a few years back was pretty good too. Mind you Farscape was made in Australia, that was good too. I was thinking , notice how whatever sci fi threat is shown it pisses me off New Zealand is Never shown on a map, even Austrailia its only a shot of Sydney Opera House. lol, like you only have city, and Nz is only populated by sheep and cows. So, if the rest of the world is invaded or under threat
, we will be perfectly safe, and ignored, well New Zealand anyway. :wink:

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,..

Well they always attack the US,....
A lot of Sci-fi is American culture centric,..
But as you say, we will be safe down here overlooked by everyone,...
;)

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,..

;)

Playtime.
Most U. S. monsters aren't as neat as Godzilla except for, maybe, that critter from 20, 000 fathoms. (That one was a wimp--I mean, a monster that could be killed by a radioactive bullet after wrecking an amusement park? :haha4: ) Mind you, there was that animated vegetable known as the Thing, wasn't there?
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

I have all three of The Thing.

The last one (latest) was a Prequel to the whole 'thing',...
;)

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,..

;)

Playtime.
Most U. S. monsters aren't as neat as Godzilla except for, maybe, that critter from 20, 000 fathoms. (That one was a wimp--I mean, a monster that could be killed by a radioactive bullet after wrecking an amusement park? :haha4: ) Mind you, there was that animated vegetable known as the Thing, wasn't there?
Yeah i watched two movies yesterday, godzilla remake and dawn of planet of the apes, they made Godzilla the hero, yet cut back his scenes? should have been done by our peter jackson, like King Kong was. Once again, Nz not shown on globe,either movie, and we have the worlds fifth largest EEZ- 250,000 square miles of territorial waters not to mention a big chunk of Antartica. And two American spy bases. Right Pentagon, were pulling the plug ,Hollywood reckons we have no strategic value anyway, go relay with Austrailia. :shakefist:

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

james1969 wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: <snip>

Yeah i watched two movies yesterday, godzilla remake and dawn of planet of the apes, they made Godzilla the hero, yet cut back his scenes? should have been done by our peter jackson, like King Kong was. Once again, Nz not shown on globe,either movie, and we have the worlds fifth largest EEZ- 250,000 square miles of territorial waters not to mention a big chunk of Antartica. And two American spy bases. Right Pentagon, were pulling the plug ,Hollywood reckons we have no strategic value anyway, go relay with Austrailia. :shakefist:
It ain't Godzilla unless it's the guy in the rubber suit! :mrgreen:

Like NZ, Canada's largely ignored, too. It does rate a mention in one of the early episodes of the old series UFO, though, because I think that's where one of them lands. I guess our killer whales aren't considered fierce enough. :haha4: There was that sasquatch movie, Harry and the Hendersons, but I think that took place in the U. S. and was more "family" flick.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
james1969 wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: <snip>

Like NZ, Canada's largely ignored, too. It does rate a mention in one of the early episodes of the old series UFO, though, because I think that's where one of them lands. I guess our killer whales aren't considered fierce enough. :haha4: There was that sasquatch movie, Harry and the Hendersons, but I think that took place in the U. S. and was more "family" flick.
Yeah, i guess Hollywood needs a lesson in Geography then, i almost threw up the other day whan our All Black world rugby Champions team were refered to as Australians,we had a exibition match in Chicago a week or so back, no offence,playtime!wallabies beat us ocasionally too. :whistle: we beat the snot of the American team, naturally, by about 80 points. :D

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

james1969 wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote:

Yeah, i guess Hollywood needs a lesson in Geography then, i almost threw up the other day whan our All Black world rugby Champions team were refered to as Australians,we had a exibition match in Chicago a week or so back, no offence,playtime!wallabies beat us ocasionally too. :whistle: we beat the snot of the American team, naturally, by about 80 points. :D
You're not kidding! There were a pair of Randolph Scott movies made along time ago which were set in Canada. They were an absolute hoot to watch! According to one, there were bands of marauding natives loose during the Cariboo gold rush. The other one was similarly warped.

I think there was one set in Saskatchewan that showed its mountains. Unless Alberta and Saskatchewan amalgamated without historians taking note, there isn't anything resembling the Rockies in the province. I lived in Saskatchewan for a while over 30 years ago and, in the parts where I travelled, it was close to flat as a pancake. It isn't considered one of the prairie provinces for nothing!

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
james1969 wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote:

You're not kidding! There were a pair of Randolph Scott movies made along time ago which were set in Canada. They were an absolute hoot to watch! According to one, there were bands of marauding natives loose during the Cariboo gold rush. The other one was similarly warped.

I think there was one set in Saskatchewan that showed its mountains. Unless Alberta and Saskatchewan amalgamated without historians taking note, there isn't anything resembling the Rockies in the province. I lived in Saskatchewan for a while over 30 years ago and, in the parts where I travelled, it was close to flat as a pancake. It isn't considered one of the prairie provinces for nothing!
I hear Hollywood often use other countries like Canada and New Zealand now for film locations, not only is the scenery spactacular, unspoiled comparitivley, but the costs and exchange rates are favourable. We done King Kong, The Lion, Witch, and the wardrobe series of movies, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit Series, Avatar, Shrek. to name a few. Yet no one can find us on a map, even LORDE still gets called an Australian, :shakefist:

INFORMATIONS