Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Dolls in denim clothing

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Red Star

Real Dolls in denim clothing

Post by Red Star »

Hello there,has anyone dressed their Real Doll in denim clothing? Just asking because...

1.What type of silicone is the doll made of

2.Should I dress the doll in a body stocking first and then the denim clothing of my choice?

:wink:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Real Dolls in denim clothing

Post by AlexKnight »

If your Realdoll isn't very old, she's more than likely made of platinum cured silicone.

I've dressed my Realdoll in denim jeans every now and then, and she was fine. I did put on stockings first, not directly because of potential staining, but to get the jeans on her more easily. There's a lot of friction between silicone and jeans.

Just make sure the denim clothes don't stain heavily, I once bought some jeans, and after taking it out of the package, it was already staining my own hands. Safe to say, those jeans never made it onto my doll.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have put jeans on my BT3 and RD2 but put always panty hose on her first. I also use knee highs on arms to protect the hands and aid in sliding sleeves onto arms etc. Thigh highs, Knee highs and P-hose are great for putting any type of pant on you gal, especially leggings.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Red Star

Post by Red Star »

What's the name of the silicone used in the early model of Real Dolls back in the day?

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

All my Realdolls are dressed in Denim Jeans and matching shirt. They look like a college girl. I feel it makes them look more realistic, at least like someone you'd see in the street.
It took me over an hour to get the pants on. I prefer tight pants on a doll. Getting pants on a mannequin was way easier, like five minutes.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Red Star wrote:What's the name of the silicone used in the early model of Real Dolls back in the day?
Tin cure
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:All my Realdolls are dressed in Denim Jeans and matching shirt. They look like a college girl. I feel it makes them look more realistic, at least like someone you'd see in the street.
It took me over an hour to get the pants on. I prefer tight pants on a doll. Getting pants on a mannequin was way easier, like five minutes.
Hey there LBW! In additon to pantyhose helping, I found some really nice Denim leggins that slide on over the hose and also fit nice and tight. Believe it or not they were at my local supermarket in the HBA section. They have them drug stores too. Sometimes you have to look in a few places to avoid the cheesy looking ones, but there are nice ones out there on the $8-12 range.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Red Star

Post by Red Star »

samara78 wrote:
Red Star wrote:What's the name of the silicone used in the early model of Real Dolls back in the day?
Tin cure
Is it still used or has it been replaced since???

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I didn't know about pantyhose making jeans slip over a doll easier.
Alex Knight, great to see you back. Hope you stay with the forum.

re "What's the name of the silicone used in the early model of Real Dolls back in the day?"
Which Silicone did they use before Tin Cure? I remember when Tin Cure came out, but what was used before it?

Random786
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Random786 »

The pantyhose trick works great. With some clothes you might even want to use nylons temporarily over the hands and arms.
I don't dare use jeans though, I'd need to push the legs together pretty far and I'm too worried about the risk of compression damage.

Random786
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Random786 »

At the risk of some thread necromancy, Has anyone had any bad experiences with jeans?
Abyss has this to say about it/them:
We also recommend avoiding thick clothing such as denim jeans or boned items like corsets if you are leaving the doll dressed. If you wish to put jeans on your doll we recommend putting pantyhose on it first so that the denim will slide over the silicone.
I like her to wear jeans, it looks great! I'm not sure why the thickness of clothing should matter though.
I use the stand and as body C is very slim the waist of the jeans go around the outside of the back support (which means the belt loops aren't pressing into her back)
The (blue) jeans have been washed twice just after purchase and she wears them over brown tights and white cotton underwear.
She's worn them for 4 days without any apparent ill effect but now I'm worried about leaving it on much longer than that.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Red Star wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Tin cure
Is it still used or has it been replaced since???
Not still used.
Replaced around 2009 with platinum cure. Platinum cure is much more durable than tin cure and less oily.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

Random786 wrote:At the risk of some thread necromancy, Has anyone had any bad experiences with jeans?
No issues here. She's got a pair of jeans from Old Navy that she's had on for over a week and it didn't seem to cause any lasting problems with just underwear on. Women's jeans often have spandex or some other materiel mixed in with the denim which makes them a bit more stretchy but it also tends to make them softer than straight denim so I imagine that also helps.
I usually do the sock test on any of her clothes. Wash the garment with a white sock tossed in the load. If the sock stays white, it probably won't have any staining issues.

INFORMATIONS