Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delivery embarrassment?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

d011user

Re: Delivery embarrassment?

Post by d011user »

My WM Doll sat in the lobby of my apartment building for a whole day before I returned home from a business trip. And I was not too happy about how relatively precise the label was:

"Plastic Mannequins used for furnishings".

But I don't think anybody suspected what it was - it looks like a box of furniture. But i was indeed relieved once I had Nikki upstairs and into her new home :)

p.s. "Customs value $365" --- yeah, right LOL!
Attachments
IMG_0912 box in lobby.jpg
IMG_0912 box in lobby.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2638 times
mannequins.png
mannequins.png (510.17 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
Doll Fiancé: Alexis Nicole: WM156cm H-cup Head #122 Hairstyle 10
eBay 6000g/KK breast forms (mounted on four BB&B body pillows)

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

If I ever bite the bullet on a RD, I'm driving down to pick her up in person. Boxes are one thing. That crate is too much to deal with.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

MikeOxbigg

Post by MikeOxbigg »

My new WM is getting shipped to my dog walker bc I prob won't be home when she arrives. :)

Fotogenic
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Fotogenic »

Y'all are funny. Most of my coworkers know I have an unusual fascination with mannequins. I show them pictures and tell them the projects I do with them and about the outfits I put on them. They don't give a crap. They say "Oh, that's neat!" and go on to their next task. Don't talk about anything sexual and no one gets creeped out. And I live in a conservative town.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

I remain convinced that telling people about my dolls would end up looking like the Braveheart "Freedom" scene.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

StormiLover
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by StormiLover »

When Stormi came to live with me, I had the same problem as everyone else.
I Didn't want anyone to know. When they came to deliver her I had no one to help me carry her into the house from the delivery truck.
The driver was nice and said he would help.
We were half way to my house and (with a knowing smile) asked what was in the box.
I said it was a silicone doll for modelling. He said that's cool. I have thought about getting one of those 5000$ sex dolls for a long time.
That led me to believe he know what it was all along.
I was ok with that and he did not seem to care and never said anything about it again.
I thanked him and gave him a 20$ bill and he was off.
If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

The Mis-Adventures of Stormi And SL
Stormis Big Adventures
A Stormi Introduction
Stormi's photo Albums

Brick

Post by Brick »

Maybe its because I am getting old or that I just dont give a shit. But because I live so Close to Realdoll, I just pick up the doll in my Tacoma dual cab and lay her down in the back seat. She is dressed in a white one piece yoga outfit, I bring down my carrier from my Apt. and stick her in the carrier and usually have one of my sons help me carry her up. My sons are are big strapping handsome young men and my neighbors dont ask any questions. I think having sons of good size has helped me in that people dont bother me at all. I go through a lot of dolls as I get a very generous discount from Realdoll and I sell dolls frequently. So my neighbors see dolls going up and big boxes coming down. I think they must wonder about it, but they never ask. Even when I see them at the mailboxes, it just very cordial and light conversation. I think if they did bring it up to me, I would tell them the dolls are photography models, I sell to modeling agency's. Or I might just say they are sex dolls and I fuck the shit out of them so often that I need new ones frequently........hehehe!!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Mr_Mint
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Mr_Mint »

My first doll was delivered a few days a go. I got a notification that it was delivered when i was at work. Hmmm that must be delivered at the neighbors then. When i got home i ring the doorbell of the neighbors home and asked if a package was delivered. He said yes and i will help you carry the box because it is very heavy. He did not ask what it was and i think he did not have a clue.

13zulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 13zulu »

[quote="Ionut8419"]Ok guys, how did you get up the courage of ordering your doll? What I mean is, I work fulltime and more than likely wouldn't be at home to accept delivery. I would likely have to go pick it up from some kind of storage depot where I have no doubt it would be labeled as "mannequin" or "Abyss creations". The people working there will know it's a sexdoll and I would be shamed. I equally couldn't risk it getting left with a neighbor by some careless courier. If I import a doll from an Asian country no doubt it will be examined by customs and have it's contents clearly labeled on the outside and again, I would have to face a delivery driver/depot workers. What are the best ways to get your doll delivered discreetly?

ps...I know every manufacturer will be different but I'm talking in general.[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about it guys and gals. I have a good friend that has worked for fedex for about 7 years now and him and I have talked about strange packages and stuff he’s delivered. He’s said a few times that he’s wondered what was in the box, but I’ve asked him what he though was in the box and he always tells me about the same thing, he tells me “S**t I don’t know bud, I don’t have time to look for that stuff, so I’ve asked him where it was from and he always says about the same thing too that he doesn’t know and that his only concern is is the delivery address not the point of origin address. So to sum it up I guess they have so many deliveries each and every day that this is only another package to get rid of off the truck as soon as possible because today and tomorrow is just another day for him too. He’s more worried when he can’t get rid of the packages because it’s just an inconvenience to him and then he has to deal wit it again the next day. Anything could be in that box. Think of it this way: if you weren’t into dolls and we’re shipping a box stuffed with Christmas gifts or whatever and all you could find to hold it was a plastic maniquuinn box large enough to mail it in, do you really think sex doll would even cross the receivers mind? I think you are thinking everyone will know what’s in it because you know what’s in it!

Just for some sarcasm, Just imagine though if you were helping the delivery man carry your box in the house and one of you tripped, the box slits all the way Down the side, then breaks in half, and out comes your girl laying on the steps in front of you both. I guess at that point he would know it wasn’t a gun safe, exercise equipment, or a cedar chest. And you would probably be having a conversation about where he could get one!!!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

When you order a doll, you're not trying to impress people in order to join some in-crowd that you wanna be part of. Order the doll. Follow the tracking and try to be there upon delivery. The guy that delivered my doll had a bunch of questions and for all I know he already has one of his own. If the delivery person gets squirrely and says some stupid shit, just warn them if they ever try to break in and fuck your doll that you'll be hauling their lifeless body out into the desert in the same box.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

d011user

Post by d011user »

My concern was never delivery personnel - they are in our presence only briefly - but neighbors - who live semi-permanently near us. I don't want neighbors becoming "overly curious".

Also, sometimes service personnel enter our apartments. When I came back from a week+ long business trip in June, I noticed that the exterminator had been inside my apartment - as previously scheduled. I then noticed smudges on Nikki's chin and lipstick rubbed off on her white top. Of course, we are very careful not to leave her make-up in a state of dis-repair, or smudges on her clothes, so I don't think I did this myself. It looks to me like the exterminator got curious, touched her glossy, shiny lipstick, and then touched her breasts - a clear case of doll sexual abuse :(
Attachments
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG (87.17 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
IMG_2898.JPG
IMG_2898.JPG (85.25 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2899.jpeg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 2163 times

13zulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 13zulu »

[quote="d011user"]My concern was never delivery personnel - they are in our presence only briefly - but neighbors - who live semi-permanently near us. I don't want neighbors becoming "overly curious".

Also, sometimes service personnel enter our apartments. When I came back from a week+ long business trip in June, I noticed that the exterminator had been inside my apartment - as previously scheduled. I then noticed smudges on Nikki's chin and lipstick rubbed off on her white top. Of course, we are very careful not to leave her make-up in a state of dis-repair, or smudges on her clothes, so I don't think I did this myself. It looks to me like the exterminator got curious, touched her glossy, shiny lipstick, and then touched her breasts - a clear case of doll sexual abuse :([/quote]

Dude it looks like he molested your doll that’s messed up I would be so mad!

GIusedtobe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GIusedtobe »

Rock13 wrote:When you order a doll, you're not trying to impress people in order to join some in-crowd that you wanna be part of. Order the doll. Follow the tracking and try to be there upon delivery. The guy that delivered my doll had a bunch of questions and for all I know he already has one of his own. If the delivery person gets squirrely and says some stupid shit, just warn them if they ever try to break in and fuck your doll that you'll be hauling their lifeless body out into the desert in the same box.
I am awaiting my first doll and need to know a few details about the shipping. It is an SM doll direct from SM. I am in the US and assume it will come via UPS or Fedex but I have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer:

1. How long does it usually take from shipment initiation to arrive at your home? An estimate I know but I am sure there are some here in North America who have an idea of what to expect. I have already approved the photos.

2. Most important, is it shipped requiring a signature or just left on your porch? The last thing I want is this left with one of my neighbors. The guy across the street is a head of the HOA and a first class busy body. He'd probably ultrasound the box if not outright open it up. In other words, I HAVE to be there when it is delivered.

d011user

Post by d011user »

Ask the vendor (SM) how long it should take, and get the tracking number, then you can track it day-by-day. Mine came from China, so shipping time would be different than yours.

Mine was left in the lobby of my apartment building, as are all my packages. I don't know if anybody signed for it. Again, you should ask the vendor if signature is required, or would they leave it on your porch.

GIusedtobe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GIusedtobe »

d011user wrote:Ask the vendor (SM) how long it should take, and get the tracking number, then you can track it day-by-day. Mine came from China, so shipping time would be different than yours.

Mine was left in the lobby of my apartment building, as are all my packages. I don't know if anybody signed for it. Again, you should ask the vendor if signature is required, or would they leave it on your porch.

They are saying it will ship out on the 4th and it takes 5-10 days which seems a bit quick coming from China but I have ordered things direct from China before and they came via airmail in the same timeframe. (Just nothing like this :lol: )

Thanks for the feedback. I am hoping I can find someone like you from the eastern US that has ordered direct from SM. Ordinarily I would not be overly worried about this but I have to be out of town 28-29 October.

INFORMATIONS