Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delivery embarrassment?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

moonpilot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Delivery embarrassment?

Post by moonpilot »

This is partly what has always put me off buying a doll! I expect they can guess if they deliver something heavy in a rectangular shaped box its a doll :/

On the flip side, should we really care what the delivery driver may think.

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

moonpilot wrote:This is partly what has always put me off buying a doll! I expect they can guess if they deliver something heavy in a rectangular shaped box its a doll :/
I had an answer ready to go just in case, but was hoping that I wouldn’t have to use it. The driver was a very friendly and chatty fellow, and even helped me with the crate once it was off the truck.

He then asked me what it was. I replied that it was a cedar chest. He responded by saying that judging from how well constructed that the crate was, that it must be a high quality piece.

A high quality piece indeed :mrgreen:

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

moonpilot wrote:This is partly what has always put me off buying a doll! I expect they can guess if they deliver something heavy in a rectangular shaped box its a doll :/

On the flip side, should we really care what the delivery driver may think.
You shouldn't. Fact of the matter is: who of you two will go home fucking a hot piece of ass? I doubt it will be the delivery driver! ;)

I do not know your age, but you might be older than me (29), and with age, you know very well that you start to care less because you realize life becomes more fragile with time and the older you get, "why care what ppl think, you have too little time left to do that".

There is a small "quote picture" on the wall where I am right now that says:

"Don't fill your life with days, fill each day with the time of your life!"

The same should apply here: fill your days with the life YOU want to life, not the life other people want you to live! ;)

Larry

Post by Larry »

Ionut8419 wrote:Ok guys, how did you get up the courage of ordering your doll? What I mean is, I work fulltime and more than likely wouldn't be at home to accept delivery. I would likely have to go pick it up from some kind of storage depot where I have no doubt it would be labeled as "mannequin" or "Abyss creations". The people working there will know it's a sexdoll and I would be shamed. I equally couldn't risk it getting left with a neighbor by some careless courier. If I import a doll from an Asian country no doubt it will be examined by customs and have it's contents clearly labeled on the outside and again, I would have to face a delivery driver/depot workers. What are the best ways to get your doll delivered discreetly?

ps...I know every manufacturer will be different but I'm talking in general.
hey,

this is my concern too. i work all day when typically delviery will arrive. i see some other posts that says i shouldnt be ashamed or embarressed but there is no way in hell i want my neighbours knowing my private life. i live on the top floor of a small block of flats, everyone seems to know everyone elese. i dont want them laughing or talking bad about me to everyone else. like, here goes that weirdo. its good to hear other peoples stories though.

Harry

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

I've received four dolls: three at my house and one I picked up at a local FedEx hub. None of the boxes mentioned the contents of the boxes. Maybe my roommate suspected something but he didn't ask any questions. The brown box containing the last doll was the longest and the heaviest. I asked a friendly neighbor to help me get it because he has a car that the box fit in, plus I needed his help carrying it. He half-joked about it being a sex doll when we were carrying it out to his car but I replied: "Who can afford those? They're expensive." :) (If necessary, tell nosey people it's something boring that they don't want to see or help you assemble, like furniture.)

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

Larry wrote:
Ionut8419 wrote:Ok guys, how did you get up the courage of ordering your doll? What I mean is, I work fulltime and more than likely wouldn't be at home to accept delivery. I would likely have to go pick it up from some kind of storage depot where I have no doubt it would be labeled as "mannequin" or "Abyss creations". The people working there will know it's a sexdoll and I would be shamed. I equally couldn't risk it getting left with a neighbor by some careless courier. If I import a doll from an Asian country no doubt it will be examined by customs and have it's contents clearly labeled on the outside and again, I would have to face a delivery driver/depot workers. What are the best ways to get your doll delivered discreetly?

ps...I know every manufacturer will be different but I'm talking in general.
hey,

this is my concern too. i work all day when typically delviery will arrive. i see some other posts that says i shouldnt be ashamed or embarressed but there is no way in hell i want my neighbours knowing my private life. i live on the top floor of a small block of flats, everyone seems to know everyone elese. i dont want them laughing or talking bad about me to everyone else. like, here goes that weirdo. its good to hear other peoples stories though.

Harry
It really isn't that bad. If you're in the UK, there are vendors that will take delivery for you and then arrange to deliver your doll to you on next day delivery, and repack from the customs box to one with no identification on the outside. I got my doll from Cloud Climax and they did all of that.

The truth is that nobody cares. Just tell anyone who asks that it's "workout equipment" or something. Nobody will ask though.

OnaGuy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by OnaGuy »

My brother had me sign for a package for him, since he had to work. I thought it might be a torso because the box looked the part and weighed about 50 to 60 pounds. Turned out it was suspension parts for his truck. So, No one will know whats in there until it is opened.

I ordered a truck tool box through the mail and it came in a coffin shaped box that could be mistaken for a doll.

No one cares, well except for the one receiving the doll. Or maybe the wife if you have one. Or maybe not.

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

Today I got my doll. I found nothing on the box indicating about what it contains. The guy that brought it looked not happy, but I assume that was due to the weight.

myproperty
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by myproperty »

I have my BS prepared in case the delivery guy asks me about the package. And since it'll most likely says "mannequin" on the box, i'll tell him/her: "it's a human anatomy model I'm gonna give to my best biology teacher as a present."

That or "for me to study" (which is half true lol)

CherryChew
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CherryChew »

Ordering and receiving my RealDoll.

It took me several days to decide on what I wanted, being in Canada, I was re-directed to a .ca address and broker who took care of all the shipping for me. a few e-mails back and fourth due to an eye colour that i had requested not being available. I found myself a bit hesitant on my first reply but I had already purchased her. He knew what it is, I know what she is, I took a deep breath, chilled out and it was like a nervous weight being lifted.. at that point i knew I was cool with my purchase.

The delivery co. that contacted me when it arrived in my area I offered -on the phone -, $100 to make sure there was help actually getting it into my place. I didn't have a dolly and didn't want to get left on the street with this huge crate. The truck driver, I guess having seen some sort of shipping manifest and the size of the crate asked at my door "something silicone?". I kind of ignored the question, slipped him some bills with a thanks for the help and closed the door. Didn't care what he thought at that point, she was home..

Why does spell check always underline colour, that's how its spelled damnit!

Dees luver
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dees luver »

I don’t understand why it’s so embarrassing for some, I guess if your girl is just for sex then she’s just a sex toy and that’s embarrassing for some but if your lady is your companion and hobby you just care less, I’m proud of my lovely dolls they are much more than sex toys to me, I show my close friends pictures and say these are my girls and my dude friends can’t get their chins off the floor! It’s great! my female room mate even shops for my dolls! i could care less what anyone thinks, I picked up my MD at the factory in LA and she rode in the passenger seat all the way back to the sf Bay Area, saved $200 on crate, and stopped for the night in a hotel people watching as I scooped her up and carried her into the room, nobody gave a second look, probably assumed it was a RG :whistle: as a cancer survivor I’ve learned we need to enjoy every minute and don’t live for anyone but yourself :thumbs_up:
Master of Puppets...

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

For me it was thus..
Option A: Continue on as this..lonely..depressed..imprisoned by worries of anothers judgment upon me..bored..

OR

Option B: Realize I'm worrying about what someone else is going to say or think when they aren't the ones living like this.. they don't understand why or how I arrived at my current lifestyle nor will they likely ever understand it because their lifes path wasn't as mine has been thus far.. I'm not hurting anyone and I'm refusing to be hurt anymore myself.. SO WHY THE FUCK NOT..?

I've had the same delivery guy both times I got my dolls.I know he knows and you know what? I don't care its your happiness man. I've told my landlords what they are.. I simply no longer care about the petty bullshit anymore.

Edit: furthermore.. take a damn hammer and a crowbar and crack that crate open right there and be like damn isn't that a hot piece of ass right there? nail the lid back on it and take it all home. after you survive the whole ordeal you'll come to realize that it was your own mind that was the enemy all along.

Gordonis

Post by Gordonis »

The biggest obstacle facing you is your attitude towards it.

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Zippy81: I agree with you -- and I'm a landlord with a doll! :-)

steely_resolve
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by steely_resolve »

Some good points folks and inspiring me to get my finger out and get my first doll ordered soon an Olivia, config 2. I've heard from other doll owners might using a shipping handling company they recommend called SEKO Logistics which should take of things at the airport and delivery straight to the door.

All the best

Dave

INFORMATIONS