Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

REALDOLL PRICE INCREASES APRIL 5th

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Brick

REALDOLL PRICE INCREASES APRIL 5th

Post by Brick »

Starting April 5th all doll prices are being increased to cover vendor and supplier cost increases. There will be new discounts offered and some discounts will be continued as follows:

VIP CRD members will continue to get 20% off all accessories offered at Realdoll
Any pre-order of a Realbotix robotic head before April 15th will receive 10% off
Any order of 2 dolls placed at the same time will receive 10% off
Upon launch of the new website on April 5th, you will receive 5% off if you pay cash, check, money order or bank transfer on any doll order

These increases will be substantial! So Don't Wait!

If you can place an order prior to April 5th DO IT! And get the lower price on your doll order...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: REALDOLL PRICE INCREASES APRIL 5th

Post by Darkangel65 »

Not good.....this will put off buyers in other country's I'm in uk and I can see my dream of owning a brand new real doll slipping away :cry:
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

Not good.....this will put off buyers in other country's I'm in uk and I can see my dream of owning a brand new real doll slipping away :cry:
More effort should be made to produce a lightweight doll instead of wasting resources on producing this AI head...other company's are jumping on this bandwagon which is just a glorified
Alexa! Plus apps...and a lot cheaper
Think Matt has lost the plot with this endevour...
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Realdolls decreased in price over the past several years so this is not surprising.

Cost of everything keeps going up and Realdoll has to stay profitable.

They are the best doll on the market and will continue to be, and that's their niche so I don't think increasing the price will hurt them.

And considering how swamped with orders they are now, a price increase will bring them to more manageable levels.
My Doll Album is here!

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Yep this sucks. :x

Abyss has some of the highest quality dolls on the market, partly due to individually hand-made products i.e. not massed produced. There's not a just good-enough doll coming out of Abyss. As the doll market expands they will always have a share. Their share will stay the same size, but with the larger pool of buyer there will be enough buyers who can afford RealDolls.

Yep I don't like higher prices, but I paid more for my two BT's than what they are going for (well at least till April 5th). I can't buy everything I want in life, just have to set priorities.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

HotDiggityDoll wrote: They are the best doll on the market and will continue to be, and that's their niche so I don't think increasing the price will hurt them.

Nope, won't hurt them a bit but Will hurt many of us ...

How much is my new RD2 BF Tanya going to cost after April 5 ?

SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Zaborg

Post by Zaborg »

Does this mean harmony is gonna be fully released in april?

Brick

Post by Brick »

Zaborg wrote:Does this mean harmony is gonna be fully released in april?
Harmony will start full production on April 15th, the first head will ship end of May-beginning of June. Right now you can get 10% off the Harmony head if you pre-order now! After April 15th the 10% off will no longer be offered...

Brick

Post by Brick »

siliconelover wrote:
HotDiggityDoll wrote: They are the best doll on the market and will continue to be, and that's their niche so I don't think increasing the price will hurt them.

Nope, won't hurt them a bit but Will hurt many of us ...

How much is my new RD2 BF Tanya going to cost after April 5 ?

Abyss has not shared the increase with me yet. But, I have seen their numbers and I believe it will be substantial. They were hit with raw material increases due to the tariffs being levied on China. Also they are having to increase wages to maintain the talent they have presently. A lot of man hrs go into making these dolls, that's not going to change if they want to maintain the level of realism Matt McMullin requires for the dolls going out the door...

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Hi All, Lets' remember Zebo is our Ambassador to Abyss. He does this as a volunteer and is NOT compensated for his time unless HE BUYS SOMETHING! He has to buy his stuff too, see the link below. Though, I admit I am a bit jelly that he gets to go ogle and caress all those lovely dollies quite often.

Let's remember Abyss had LOWERED dolls prices by about $1,000 not long ago. AND, just last month Zebo helped negotiate some additional discounts for TDF members.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=96774

Let's appreciate that he has been able to give us this heads up. If you were on the fence, you can get your doll at the current price! Given the circumstances it is certainly understandable that Abyss cannot maintain the lower price. No one likes this, I can't imagine this was an easy decision for Matt or anyone at Abyss.

How many people stepped up and thanked Abyss for lowering the prices last year?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

TJ_Foxx wrote:Hi All, Lets' remember Zebo is our Ambassador to Abyss. He does this as a volunteer and is NOT compensated for his time unless HE BUYS SOMETHING! He has to buy his stuff too, see the link below. Though, I admit I am a bit jelly that he gets to go ogle and caress all those lovely dollies quite often.

Let's remember Abyss had LOWERED dolls prices by about $1,000 not long ago. AND, just last month Zebo helped negotiate some additional discounts for TDF members.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=96774

Let's appreciate that he has been able to give us this heads up. If you were on the fence, you can get your doll at the current price! Given the circumstances it is certainly understandable that Abyss cannot maintain the lower price. No one likes this, I can't imagine this was an easy decision for Matt or anyone at Abyss.

How many people stepped up and thanked Abyss for lowering the prices last year?
Thanks TJ for your input and I really appreciate your kind words for me. I really try to do the best I can for this community, I am fully vested in the doll life. For me there is no other way , and I am very happy. I will always try and help fellow owners and newbies find their slice of happiness :D

Elkybill
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Elkybill »

I just ordered a bt3 feb 14 glad I did . Bad part 25-30 wk wait*

CHARGER1
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by CHARGER1 »

Thats why its other cheaper vendors out there so its no bad news for me the 2k dolls do the dame thing

Brick

Post by Brick »

You know when Abyss first told me about price increases, they were just going to drop them on everyone when they rolled out their new website on April 5th. I lobbied them to let me get the word out for owners and newbies that were on the edge of ordering a doll to buy now and save. I figured it was the right thing to do, I still think that, and I believe Matt McMullin feels that way also. I can certainly commiserate with everyone that price increases suck! But please understand that Abyss is trying to do it, with some appreciation for the people that buys the dolls.....

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

When i get back into dolls i want to get a realdoll. I have roughly four years to save my money, and my planned budget for when i do get into dolls again is around 15k. I have my eyes set on a Boytoy, do you think ill still be able to afford one after the price increases?
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

INFORMATIONS