Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

REALDOLL PRICE INCREASES APRIL 5th

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: REALDOLL PRICE INCREASES APRIL 5th

Post by siliconelover »

I don't know what the new website does for them but it does nothing for me. Poorly lit, dark weird futuristic vibe ... IDK

Previous version was much friendlier, bright and clear.

Keeping production at a certain level can mean more stability for the company not overbuilding itself.

In any event, no new RD here now. I will be keeping an eye on the pre-owned/purchased dolls.

WANTED RD2 BF new condition
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

I am not surprise when prices increase, because order queue is so long. They have enough orders.
New website, new prices, website is very slow.
But wrong information stay forever:
Example BT3, THESE ARE LIES: dimensions 32 22 32, weight under 60lbs, shoe size 5.
RIGHT ARE: dimensions 30,7 20,5 33,1, weight 63,4, shoe size 3,5. (Measured 2017 BT3).

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

The increase is not too bad. I also love the new site and all of the new options.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Looks like they killed off the Boy Toy brand?

Known as 'Petite Realdoll' now. And priced about the same as full size.
My Doll Album is here!

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

siliconelover wrote:
upsux wrote:It looks like most things stayed at the current rate (for now) and there was a modest increase in the RD2 pricing.
The Pre-configured RD2 BF Tanya went from $6,000 to $7,000 which is a thousand bucks ... an 17% increase.

I'm out.
True - but what was it before the price drop last year?

From what it looks like, and I don't know 100% (perhaps Zebo can clarify), they simply raised prices back to pre-reduction levels. I'm sure nobody is happy about it and that makes complete sense. But given the horrific backlog of orders they have it makes financial sense for them to sell fewer dolls at higher price to keep the money coming in and keep the production queue catching up, at least it does in my limited thinking anyway.

But honestly I think the production time will hurt them more than the price, who wants to wait that long when the TPE dolls (getting better by the month) are ordered and in your bedroom in a matter of weeks, or days from a reseller.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

It does seem to me that the prices have just basically reverted back to where they were before Matt dropped them like Upsux and Tj_Foxx posted. The shipping will always be extra and the destination of the doll is the determining factor in shipping charges always.

Back in April 2013, I ordered 3 dolls at basically the same time with just 4 weeks separating the orders and they all went into production at the same time. The dolls WERE on a (Sale Special) at that time and were $5499, down from $5999 for the Classic bodies and faces with basic configurations and NO customizing. The RD2 bodies and faces were at the same $5499, down from $6499 for the Sale Special so the dolls as they are now are just back to where they were with NO customizations like freckles, hand punched brows & pubic hair and any other upgrades like some the the (pre-figured) dolls have which pushes the prices up more.

There are members here that are new enough to dolls that do not know what Abyss dolls did cost years ago and are perhaps thinking that Abyss dolls are all of a sudden going up to price levels that they have never been before and that is NOT the case.

Abyss is offering a LOT more in the way of customizations now than they never did before and I mean just a few years ago and choosing those custom options will run the cost of a doll upwards no matter what they start out at in base price.

So as it is right now, these dolls are not at price levels that they have never been before, it is just that they are now back to where they used to be as I bought enough of them to know and many others here have also. :D

Brick

Post by Brick »

When I bought my first BT1 Cadence, I think it was $2999 or $3299, that's was in December of 2008.....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

It’s not the prices that scare me about RealDolls. It’s the wait time. The Ready-To-Ship dolls are almost always out of stock, and if you build your dream configuration, well, the wait is kinda crushing.

It’s a bummer, because RealDoll makes some amazing products. I just wish the process scaled better. Can’t rush art, but as someone above mentioned, so many vendors are shipping “good enough” dolls in a matter of days or weeks now.
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

RealDoll needs a full stack engineer, not a just a front-end web designer. These scores are abysmal, and they are even loading an outdated version of JavaScript with 2 known vulnerabilities. The first time I ran audits their site outright crashed.

Where I work, something like this would be considered a critical situation...
DKn0byS.jpg
DKn0byS.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
For comparison, this is how Imgur scores, which also loads tons of images on the home page:
BHEQEmF.png
BHEQEmF.png (471.54 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

mcpipe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mcpipe »

The new website is terrible. I don't understand why so many companies and municipalities are changing to this style of website. They always seem to perform worse than the old one and provide less information. The descriptions of the doll bodies really need to have the pictures again. I find the list of dimensions with a generic sketch less than helpful. The price increase is reasonable and makes alot of sence considering the are 25+ weeks out. Not to mention increasing labor costs and materials.

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

I have no problem with load times at the site. Perhaps lags were just due to server traffic? I am thinking once the new site went up, everyone here starting hitting it. I don't think a site like Real Doll is going to be configured for expected high-traffic. It's not CNN where you are going to expect a million hits in an hour so you don't need to spend all the money on high-end server configurations.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

With regards to uk buyers I'm just hoping we have a new trade deal with the USA in the future
So we are exempt from custom charges...now we are leaving the e u....sales would increase
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

INFORMATIONS