sexyrealsexdolls.com

IMO, best wig brush ever!!

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Tripp03

Re: IMO, best wig brush ever!!

Post by Tripp03 »

This site is a treasure trove of info! Thanks y’all

Dhamon

Post by Dhamon »

For anyone else in Canada, I found this site. Aboot to order one.

http://www.nailpolishcanada.com/categor ... eezer.html

acq35
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by acq35 »

good info ! thanks for sharing with all of us!

shwing

Post by shwing »

Thanks for sharing! I saw this and thought I gotta have it! I'm a long hair myself so it's a win, win for me. I got it today and first thing I did was run it through my hair, woohoo! frickin fantastic! Then I brushed out a wig that was lookin a little nappy, fixed it right up! Awesome product, highly recommend! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Have a great day!

Camden's Thread

drguild

Post by drguild »

There are a four diffrent versions of this brush for those wondering the main are Original, Salon Elite, Compact and Thick & Curly.

Between the the Original and Salon Elite:
The original gives a more combed look the Salon Elite gives a puffier styled look as it has more space between the bristles.
I found a (the only) comparison here that has a photo of what the end result of each is like.

So it'll depend if your girls or yourself want a combed or salon puffy look and also what wig you are using.
I think the Salon Elite would give a more real and dressed up look with the extra spacing and styling compared to the original as it shapes the hair more then just a straight comb look.

But personal preference on the look you are going for.

Others:
Compact is like the original but smaller and handbag-able, also less length on bristles so not as thick so for smaller volumes than original.
Great for traveling

Thick & Curly is for larger hair volumes and for curly or Afro type hair styles.

This is what I found doing my own research right now.
As I always like to compare differences and see the differences between versions of things I am looking at getting.
For me I will get the Salon Elite, I can always use a regular comb afterwards for a more laid back homely straight look.
- I can always use it on my own hair as its a but long with volume as I haven't had a haircut for a couple years.

Also there a lot of knockoffs out there it seems so just shop around and be wary.

VSX
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by VSX »

I just ordered the original! I have three wigs who are starting to get messy, I can't wait to see the result :D

freakyfucker
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by freakyfucker »

Thank you for the information, definitely thinking about getting one myself for when I get my first doll.

GYOWWAD

Post by GYOWWAD »

Thanks, just ordered and will give it a shot...
My one and only: Ekaterina

Speedious
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Speedious »

I had just ordered a wig care kit from Amazon. Saw this thread and added one of these too. Good suggestion.

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Sorry but this brush being pushed is a bad idea for wigs. Even their website doesn't mention that they're suitable for synthetic wigs. I've been wearing high quality synthetic wigs for 10 years and I would never use one of these on my wigs. Also, it will tear the delicate caps of lace front and lace part wigs.

These brushes aren't made for synthetic wigs and will damage the fibers over time. They are fine for human hair wigs. There's a reason special products including brushes and combs are made specifically for wigs. Synthetic fibers are much more delicate and can easily be stretched out of shape. The teeth of this brush are too close together and sharp on the ends, which tears and stretches synthetic fibers. Over time if you use this brush on your wigs, you will end up with frizz on the ends of your wig fibers and a stretched out wig cap. There's a version of this brush with looped teeth which IS suitable for wigs, you can find it at wig shops. The best detangler for wigs is one of these special wide tooth combs (see link). They work fast and don't damage the fibers or the cap:

https://www.wigs.com/products/wide-toot ... -jon-renau

Here's the correct way to care for and detangle a synthetic/heat friendly synthetic wig:
- Wash the wig to remove dirt which can make tangles worse. Place it in cool water mixed with wig shampoo. Do not use human shampoo or any other kind of soap.
- Let the wig soak for 5-10 minutes in the shampoo solution. DO NOT agitate, rub, or swish it around, just soak it.
- Rinse the wig gently under cool running water, running from cap to fiber tips.
- Treat tangled synthetic wigs by soaking them in fabric softener and water or wig conditioner/wig detangler and water.
- Don't swish the wig around, just let it soak for 10-15 minutes in COOL water.
- Do not wring or rub it, and never try to detangle a wet wig.
- Rinse the wig gently under cool running water, running from scalp to fiber tips.
- Wrap it in an absorbent towel and blot it dry - again, no rubbing or wringing
- Let the wig completely dry ON A WIG STAND (not flat or the cap will lose its shape). Never use a hair dryer or heat styling device on a synthetic wig unless it's "heat friendly".
- Once the wig is completely dry use a proper wig comb as described above, to detangle it.
- Spritz the wig with wig conditioner to keep it from drying out and prevent further tangling

This routine will help your synthetic wigs last as long as possible. I have two 10 year old synthetic wigs which I use on my dolls now, but they still look brand new. The best way to prolong the life of your synthetic wigs is to keep them clean and as tangle free as possible, use wig specific products only, and only wash them in cool water following the same instructions as above. Even doll and cosplay wigs need to be washed regularly. Always store wigs on a wig stand, not flat, to preserve the shape of the cap. It also helps to spray wig conditioner on your wigs every so often and let them dry. This freshens the wig and helps to prevent tangles.
One of my dolls wearing a 10 year old synthetic wig.
One of my dolls wearing a 10 year old synthetic wig.
2018-10-01 13.13.47.jpg (666.06 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Thanks, Sekhmet! I've saved your tips as a text document so I can refer to them now and then whenever I'm performing maintenance on synthetic wigs.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yup, added to my resource file :)

INFORMATIONS