sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to put a wig on properly?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: How to put a wig on properly?

Post by Karrot »

Aberdare wrote:
Karrot wrote: Absolutely correct :thumbs_up: but also take note of where the hair line is falling. Either too high or too low on the forehead will make the dolls face look weird, so adjust fit for that.

Karrot
Every Wig has a Centre Spot -- much like a human scalp has... Quality wig manufacturers place a "DOT" in the Centre to make it easier, and the natural placement is the top of the scull. A well made wig takes this into consideration so that the Hair Line falls into a natural position. If it doesn't, then your wig is the wrong size and / or the back band is too high / low -- a manually adjustment is all that is needed to bring the hair line forward / backwards so the remainder of the wig fits where it should. Quality wigs are manufactured and use a sizing system similar to Hats.

Agreed, but you make 2 assumptions. 1. that doll owners will use expensive quality wigs that actually use this sizing system (most dont due to cost and rapid wear and tear from dolls sleeping in them) and 2. That dolls heads are the same size as human heads. (many aren't)

Granted if you are trying to fit a full sized wig on to a 100 or 125 Cm dolls head its going to be pushing it to get it to fit anything like it should, and a child wig would be the way to go for sizes, but that brings with it a more limited choice of styles and usually a much higher cost or seriously reduced quality for fancy dress wigs

Most doll owners settle for the standard Kanekalon wigs that are mass produced in China and sold cheaply around the world by the usual online retailers as they are cheap enough to replace as needed and offer a wide range of styles. Certainly some members here use the best quality human hair wigs for their ladies, especially when doing photoshoots.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

TrekMS150
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TrekMS150 »

Good information here. Thanks everyone!
Kylie Guerra - WM 160cm with head #56
Dayana Zenkova - WM 85cm M Cup Torso with head #74

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

you can buy childrens wigs or small or extra small ladies wigs.
Also, if you have only large size wigs, try wrapping the head with a tensor bandage (like the kind you buy in the pharmacy for sprained ankle and that will give the wig something rougher to adhere too, and also make the dolls head look more proportionate.. but don't stretch the tensor roll out too much as you don't want to wrap the head too lightly. you can buy more the little butterfly clips that come with the tensor, and use them to hold the wig to tensor once you have wrapped it around.

Also the paper tapes like mepore, mefix are great but more expensive

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:i wish I can find some wigs that fit dolls heads better

I have 10 quality wigs and 2 on the way and even with the straps adjusted their still a bit to big.

Kcupusay

Post by Kcupusay »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:i wish I can find some wigs that fit dolls heads better

I have 10 quality wigs and 2 on the way and even with the straps adjusted their still a bit to big.
I had the same problem the wig supplied was simply way to enormous...I wound up ordering a petite wig online and it's totally fine..think it was around £10.00. I think the wigs supplied are an afterthought...my one was not only far to big but looked like it had been constructed by a Gorilla and I'm pretty sure it would fit one as well.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Haha mine was the opposite the wigs that came with my doll fit fine but of course won't last long.
I tried finding petite size wigs but there's a limited option.
I just make what I have work it just takes more adjusting it

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I put some stitch into larger wigs to fit smaller heads.
I fold the wig around the earline then i put three stitches in it and do the same on the other side this fits the front of the head/ face much better.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

That's a good idea but I'm terrible at sewing lol
On some wigs I thought about using the tissue paper that came with it to stuff in the back.

Tripp03

Post by Tripp03 »

Fantastic info

AnimeM
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AnimeM »

how can i tighten a wig for my doll?
I try to put extra wig (from seller) but is somewhat loose and does not stand (roll) with the shake.
Can i make the wig more tight?
for example i try wig (i need for photography project) from Carnival costumes because have many colors and styles to choose...
Live the myth of love anywhere, anytime...

Yuki (my love)
https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=15940

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Most wigs have adjustable straps in the back just use those to tighten the wig.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

TrickyRicky

Post by TrickyRicky »

One thing I remember trying that worked was brushing on a thin layer of car window chip sealant. It cures into a hard latex like substance that will hold the wig to the head. I did this on a TPE doll and it worked perfectly. And the sealant is just weak enough that the wig cap can be peeled off without damaging the head, so long as you do it slowly. I did this by brushing the sealant in 3in long strips at 2in intervals just near the wig cap's edge.
I haven't tried this on a silicone doll but I do intent to do so once I get my new Zelex doll in the mail. I would call this a "semi-permanent" solution for those who only ever occasionally switch out wigs on their doll heads.
This works especially well if you like to use wigs from Lolitain, which specializes in Japanese Cosplay wigs that have a faux scalp and hairline.

INFORMATIONS