sexyrealsexdolls.com

Is it true that silicone and/or TPE can go hard over time?

Doll stands, props and other doll accessories, inserts, and sex toys.
Silicone Lover

Is it true that silicone and/or TPE can go hard over time?

Post by Silicone Lover »

I'm building quite a collection of awesome toys and I'd like to get more, but they do cost a lot of money and I'm worried that in just a few years a lot of them or all of them could end up completely useless.
My Valentina Girl: viewtopic.php?f=586&t=142813
My makeup enhanced Busty Aichan: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=144593

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Is it true that silicone and/or TPE can go hard over tim

Post by windave »

I don't know about TPE but I've had silicone dolls since 2006 and the only thing that has gone hard in all that time is me.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Katie's head is March 2001 and is softer than new.
The body is 2008 and is TPE softness (experimental supersoft tin silicone - softer than shore 0010 ).
Based on my own dolls, the silicone should last 25Y or longer and still be soft.

IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3435.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4153 times
<em>I know the good artist</em>

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Silicone is known to get softer after a few months but I don't think it changes much after that unless exposed to seriously nasty chemicals.

TPE I think stays the same, but tends to degrade with 'use' (tearing, micro tearing, etc) and is rather prone to compression/stretch damage.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

DarkOne wrote: TPE I think stays the same, but tends to degrade with 'use' (tearing, micro tearing, etc) and is rather prone to compression/stretch damage.
I have seen comment that TPE life is no more than 5 years.

For longevity, buy silicone.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

sture
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by sture »

pygmalion2 wrote:Katie's head is March 2001 and is softer than new.
The body is 2008 and is TPE softness (experimental supersoft tin silicone - softer than shore 0010 ).
Based on my own dolls, the silicone should last 25Y or longer and still be soft.

IMG_3435.JPG
Wow that body, which brand is this?

Click to go to my Doll Album

I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

haremlover wrote:
DarkOne wrote: TPE I think stays the same, but tends to degrade with 'use' (tearing, micro tearing, etc) and is rather prone to compression/stretch damage.
I have seen comment that TPE life is no more than 5 years.

For longevity, buy silicone.

Best wishes

Harem
Harem's advice is solid. I dunno about the 5 year part, but my WM TPE of four years just today showed tiny delamination behind one knee (so oil bath & Vaseline will be her next maintenance). I've personally yet to experience any silicone softer than TPE, but do agree it lasts longer.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Either material can take damage from using the wrong care method. The skins are different material. Never heard of platinum cure silicone hardening, when cared for in the proper peramiters, because it is inert/stable material. Wheras Thermal Plastic Elastimer is sensitive to heat in varying ways. As for longetity? Those lines are becoming rather blurred. Some dolls fall apart quick. While others last for ages. Proper repair and maintanance of your toy lady is a must
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

I totally concur with Samara78. The delamination I mentioned was only discovered during today's powdering in the form of many Minute lines, that may not be delamination at all. I fully expect the oil bath to rejuvenate the affected area. I still think though that silicone outlasts TPE because it's so much harder (more solid).
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

DS silicone is s o f t . . . so the benefits of each material are blurred nowadays.

TPE crack lines - if warm, let vaseline soak in.

Best wishes and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

LOVEHBC

Post by LOVEHBC »

TPE is the acronym for ThermoPlastic Elastomer, a mix of polymers such as plastic and synthetic rubber, with thermoplastic and elastomeric properties. It’s a successful material as it combines the elasticity of the rubber with the convenience and the value offered by the injection molding. TPE is used in the production of numerous products such as bags, handles, shoe soles etc.

The Advantages of TPE

Soft, elastic, ergonomically comfortable, slip resistant. More than regular silicone.
Excellent shock absorption.
Hypoallergenic. it is unlikely to cause allergic reactions.
Compatible with both water-based and silicone lubricants. Silicone dolls are only compatible with water based lubricants.

The Disadvantages of TPE

Porosity. Fluids might get trapped inside the pores leading to bacteria and germs growth. This can be avoided though if the dolls is cleaned with antibacterial soap after use. Also due to porosity, TPE stains more easily than silicone. Clothes that may color transfer should be avoided.
Cannot be sterilized. Porous materials can’t be sterilized.
The quality depends on the blend used. The softness and the flexibility of the doll largely depends on the formula used. Such formulas vary across different manufacturers.
Softer blends can be more prone to cutting than silicone, especially in areas such as fingers, toes, sexual cavities.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

The jury is still out on tpe but I do not see any changes! :D only time will tell.Silicone does not change. A very happy man! Erica and Courtney have been with me for 10 years! :whistle:

INFORMATIONS