betterlovedoll.com

Brie in "Puff-Puff!?" (Halloween 2018 Special)

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.
SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Brie in "Puff-Puff!?" (Halloween 2018 Special)

Post by SiliconeWorld »

BRIE is awesome. Nice outfit(s). She sure can fill out her shirt.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

SiliconeWorld wrote:BRIE is awesome. Nice outfit(s). She sure can fill out her shirt.
Actually I wish it filled out even better. The fabric I used stretched a lot in one direction, but not the other. I had to cut it so that the stretch occurred left-to-right to fit her bust, but this left it loose below the breasts and across her tummy. I had to tuck the shirt into her skirt instead of it being form fitting. But for first time making clothing from scratch I think I did ok.

Also, one thing that I hoped was not noticeable in the photos is that the sleeves aren't connected to the blouse. I had intended it to be a true, one piece long sleeve shirt, but I made the upper arms of the sleeves a little too tight, and worried it would be hard to get it on and off of Brie if the shoulders and armpit gussets were sewed up, so I left them apart instead. The sleeves went on first, then the blouse over them, overlapping a bit to hide the fact they're separate pieces.

I've got enough black material leftover to make a mini skirt and plan to tackle that sometime before end of year. I started with a 2x1 yard bolt of each, but used up more green making the panties and boot cuffs. The skirt for the Halloween costume was meant to be loose - I constructed it from two concentric pie slices with shorter arc at the waist (see below photo) - but a tight mini skirt would rectangular in nature and even easier to make. (The skirt and sleeves were easy compared to the panties and blouse.) If the mini skirt turns out well I could make a little business selling them for other dolls :P

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Great work constructing this from scratch.
I can handle a needle and thread and a sewing machine, but making something from a pattern is beyond me.
Your idea about the sleeves is a really good one.
Anything that makes an outfit easier to put on and take off is worth exploring.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

scooter_ca wrote:I can handle a needle and thread and a sewing machine, but making something from a pattern is beyond me.
As you can see I made it in paper first (well, almost: I only needed to make one paper sleeve.) Paper helped me gauge if I had things right before taking scissors to the more expensive fabric. Of course, I had to add about a quarter inch extra to the fabric to ensure I had stitchable hems (cutting off extraneous fabric after hem was stitched). Only her chest gave me problems - if she was flatter in the front, it would have been a lot easier to fit the paper form over her to make sure things were good. As it was I had to guess a bit. Different colors on either side didn't complicate things too much, but I don't think I could have tackled stripes or any complex patterns. Next year perhaps. For now I want to keep it simple, like the solid color miniskirt using my leftover material.

To be honest, after seeing you and Daria learn how to use a sewing machine, I figured I could manage it, too. I probably wouldn't have been so daring if you hadn't done it first, so you're due some credit for helping create this photoshoot.

TOUGHGUY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TOUGHGUY »

OUTSTANDING, BRIE & JUNK GUY, VERY ENTERTAINING, ENJOYED THE PICS

arnomartes
Ex-Member

Post by arnomartes »

JunkGuy wrote:
scooter_ca wrote:I can handle a needle and thread and a sewing machine, but making something from a pattern is beyond me.
As you can see I made it in paper first (well, almost: I only needed to make one paper sleeve.) Paper helped me gauge if I had things right before taking scissors to the more expensive fabric. Of course, I had to add about a quarter inch extra to the fabric to ensure I had stitchable hems (cutting off extraneous fabric after hem was stitched). Only her chest gave me problems - if she was flatter in the front, it would have been a lot easier to fit the paper form over her to make sure things were good. As it was I had to guess a bit. Different colors on either side didn't complicate things too much, but I don't think I could have tackled stripes or any complex patterns. Next year perhaps. For now I want to keep it simple, like the solid color miniskirt using my leftover material.

To be honest, after seeing you and Daria learn how to use a sewing machine, I figured I could manage it, too. I probably wouldn't have been so daring if you hadn't done it first, so you're due some credit for helping create this photoshoot.

INFORMATIONS