betterlovedoll.com

Adara (WM168E/15)

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Adara

Post by djcdoll »

adelea wrote:Very much inspired by djcdolls pictures of Tiffany in a warm fluffy jumper, I wanted to try one on Adara to see if it really made much difference to cuddling. It does. It's lovely!
I see that you've discovered the benefits of getting Adara snuggled up in a soft thick wooly jumper. :D
I agree, it makes cuddling 10x better. :thumbs_up:

Nice pink jumper and the tight white jeans look great on her too. :thumbs_up:

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

Hi Adelea, Your Adara is looking good, :angel: very nice photos. :thumbs_up:
As Arthur and djcdoll have pointed out, makeup on TPE is most difficult to get right. You are off to a great start though IMO. The best advice I can offer you is to study Mishka1965's tutorial on makeup Here. It's where I got started doing makeup on my gals.
Keep up the great work!
Cheers.
MFI

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

djcdoll - very much, the soft jumped did mean that I didnt get much done that day, instead I spent it cuddled up with Adara and catching up on some reading on the Kindle! As far as days go, that was a very pleasant one indeed!

mfi - thanks. I like the way she looks :) And the 2nd makeup attempt was a lot better than the first - maybe because I kept it simpler and to a single colour. Will need to try this whole colour blending thing again another day.

So a few weeks ago I got my piles of 'tested' and 'untested' clothes mixed up, and put Adara in something that I shouldn't have.

I bought some of Indigo's stain remover from DollStudio to see how well it would work:

The top picture is how it was, the middle with the remover applied, and the bottom is how it looked this morning (after washing the cream off last night).

I am very impressed with the results - there is still some slight staining on her left side, but I am hoping that another application there when I do her back will clear that up a bit more.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

That's pretty good results adelea. :thumbs_up:
Looks like the stains have all been removed from her.

With my Tiffany, the only garment that I've had a stain problem was with a cheap black plastic catsuit that I got off eBay a few months back.
I took some precautions first by putting beige tights on Tiffany and also old beige stockings on her arms.
She was about 90% covered but the areas that I missed did get black stains, mainly around her neck.
It took a while for the stains to go, repeated washing and baby oiling etc...

It's a shame because she did look pretty sexy in the catsuit with high heeled boots! ha ha. :mrgreen:

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

When you want colours to stick - like on lips, they seem to come off at the slightest touch, but when you dont, they stain instantly and are a bugger to remove!

I normally test all clothing by leaving it pressed up against an insert for 24h, so I was really upset when I made this mistake.

Still, lesson learned I guess, and safe/unsafe clothing is now kept in separate rooms and never the twain shall meet!

Catsuit and boots eh, (showing my age a bit here), sort of like Emma Peel from The Avengers! Or I guess, a more modern reference, Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

adelea wrote:When you want colours to stick - like on lips, they seem to come off at the slightest touch, but when you dont, they stain instantly and are a bugger to remove!

I normally test all clothing by leaving it pressed up against an insert for 24h, so I was really upset when I made this mistake.

Still, lesson learned I guess, and safe/unsafe clothing is now kept in separate rooms and never the twain shall meet!

Catsuit and boots eh, (showing my age a bit here), sort of like Emma Peel from The Avengers! Or I guess, a more modern reference, Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow.
Yes the catsuit and boots was a bit kinky! We had great fun with Tiffany's boobs and the catsuit zipper. There's an animated GIF off the boob/zipper fun on her thread! Ha ha. :lol:

Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow would make a great "Model Shots" attempt. You've got me thinking now. Hmmmmmmm. :whistle:

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

That's a good result, well done.

and useful images for anyone wondering about using stain remover.

Thanks for posting the before and after shots.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

adelea wrote:Image
I just love this shot!!! Having had many cats over the years, the logistics of getting one to NOT do the exact opposite of what you wanted is pretty impressive! lol

Beautiful girl! And a pretty cat too :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Broven wrote:
adelea wrote:Image
I just love this shot!!! Having had many cats over the years, the logistics of getting one to NOT do the exact opposite of what you wanted is pretty impressive! lol

Beautiful girl! And a pretty cat too :)
Adara certainly does it for me, she can press all my buttons, all at the same time!

My cat is mostly indifferent to Adara. Though I have caught her napping on her chest more than once.

When I took that picture, Abigail was staring right at Adara - it was only when I moved to pick up my camera that she turned to look at me. I think she knows she is a pretty cat, and she is a people cat too, so whenever anyones comes over she is right in their face looking for some attention :)

Histhepon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Histhepon »

Just impeccable work on the hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, etc.
Attention to all those details make all the difference.
Adara looks heavenly.

As I prepare to make my first doll purchase, I am slowly ascending the learning curve so it is good to know that Mishka1965 has a tutorial on makeup as I would like to follow in your footsteps!

TY for sharing adelea.

Histhepon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Histhepon »

Endless War wrote:
adelea wrote:I think I have a problem.

With a 2nd girl ordered, im buying for two now right, so this isn't as bad as it could be...
BEST problem to have!
Truly THE BEST problem to have! *fist bump*

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Nice collection of heels man! And I liked to see the shear size of her boobs in that white sportsbra! They make em look even bigger right!? :D
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

I've added another 3 pairs of heels to the collection now!

Not had much of a chance to dress her up lately -- have been spending a lot of time applying stain remover! She is now nearly 100% stain free, at least I dont see anymore.

So hopefully tomorrow we can play dressup a bit!

And yeah the sports bra makes them look a lot bigger - they are plenty big enough as it stands though!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

adelea wrote:I've added another 3 pairs of heels to the collection now!

Not had much of a chance to dress her up lately -- have been spending a lot of time applying stain remover! She is now nearly 100% stain free, at least I dont see anymore.

So hopefully tomorrow we can play dressup a bit!

And yeah the sports bra makes them look a lot bigger - they are plenty big enough as it stands though!
I look forward to seeing some new photos of Adara. :thumbs_up: :D

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Best laid plans, and all that!

I had intended to do some pictures of a secretary/croupier style outfit, but I think all the horizontal exercise she is getting has done something to her things - zipping up the skirt, and it ripped - not on a seam, but in the middle - so not really repairable.

So, a quick dig through her clothes drawer, and I found this nice white summery dress.

I could look at that little patch of skin above the stocking tops all day long!

I just love the way heels look when are being worn...

INFORMATIONS