betterlovedoll.com

Kayla's Portfolio (DS Ex-Lite)

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

sderws
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Kayla's Portfolio (DS Ex-Lite)

Post by sderws »

hollows+fentiman wrote:With well-fitting clothes the wrinkles are less but with a stretchy tighter fit like in that photo, yes, the wrinkles are apparent. However, I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages with this beautiful lady! It depends on what you want her to be in the first place! If it’s a sex doll you want then maybe she’s a bit too delicate for that as a regular occurrence but if you want a model for photography then she is superb!
Yeah, I want a doll for sex doll and cuddling.... Thanks for the info!

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

Here's a little teaser from from Kayla's latest shoot for Coverdoll. 

Unfortunately this one didn't make the final cut. Her face is completely out of focus. Should have used a tripod, but that's almost impossible when your lying on the floor on your back.......  :evil:

Still, it's a bloody gorgeous view, so would be a shame not to share :lol:
20180207_203317.jpg
20180207_203317.jpg (905.14 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
G

Kayla's twitter: https://twitter.com/kayladollx

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

gdy67 wrote:Here's a little teaser from from Kayla's latest shoot for Coverdoll. 

Unfortunately this one didn't make the final cut. Her face is completely out of focus. Should have used a tripod, but that's almost impossible when your lying on the floor on your back.......  :evil:

Still, it's a bloody gorgeous view, so would be a shame not to share :lol:

I don't know...I like it the way it is! The out of focus looks as if it's adding an fairly deep element of Mystery.
I certainly do agree with the view angle...It is gorgeous. :thumbs_up:
:glou:
Fix.

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

Photo shoot: Coverdoll Feb 2018:

The Reinvention of Kayla
From lovedoll to Super Model

So after finishing Kayla's shoot for this month's edition of Coverdoll I was curious to see how the shots would look if laid out like a real magazine editorial such as FHM or any one of the other 'Lads Mags'.

Disappointingly, FHM wasn't interested, so as they say, if you want something doing, do it yourself, so it was time to brush off my InDesign skills!

The image quality here isn't great, but that's due to the upload limits on this site. You'll find these and all the other images from the shoot in much higher resolution over at Coverdoll:

https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/2634

Go check it out, and see all the other amazing shoots, trust me you won't be dissapointed. There's some amazing ladies in this months edition..............Anyway, I know no one's interested in my chat, so lets get to the real reason we're all here, the pics :)
20180213_192530.png
20180213_192530.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192615.png
20180213_192615.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192700.png
20180213_192700.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192732.png
20180213_192732.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192805.png
20180213_192805.png (2 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192830.png
20180213_192830.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
20180213_192912.png
20180213_192912.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 1756 times
As you can probably tell, I had a lot of fun putting this together so watch out for more in a similar vein for Kayla's future shoots. Hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to have a look at all the other content on Coverdoll.

*Special thanks to Khan for putting together the cover and Kayla's poster, and both Swan and Nescio50 for the tech support. Keep up the good work guys :)

G

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

So Kayla arrived and changed my life almost a year ago to the day......... I still remember it like it was yesterday.

To celebrate, here's one of the very first photos I took on that fateful night. A few thousand pics later it's still one of my favourites and brings back so many wonderful memories :D

*click in the pic for better quality
2302-2018-062662603007091429.jpeg
2302-2018-062662603007091429.jpeg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
G

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Lovely, just lovely!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Beautiful job. She looks great! And the Photos and wardrobe are awesome. you've got skills I wish I had.
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

nordicocean7

Post by nordicocean7 »

I’m always seeming to be a bit late to everything. I know this is an older post but I just want to say how inspiring these photos are. I’m an artist in many mediums myself and I can’t wait until my EX comes and I can start shooting. Thanks so much for sharing Gdy67, all the info you listed has been invaluable. I’m already excitedly shopping for this and that. Cheers!

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

nordicocean7 wrote:I’m always seeming to be a bit late to everything. I know this is an older post but I just want to say how inspiring these photos are. I’m an artist in many mediums myself and I can’t wait until my EX comes and I can start shooting. Thanks so much for sharing Gdy67, all the info you listed has been invaluable. I’m already excitedly shopping for this and that. Cheers!
Thanks nordicocean7, glad to have helped.

Go easy on the shopping, you'll quickly find you need to get new wardrobes if you're not careful! Also don't forget things like belts, rings, necklaces, sun glasses and braclets etc. Again thrift stores and charity shops are your best bet for these accessories. You'll be able to pick up most things for a couple of dollars.

I haven't posted in a while as I've not had the opportunity to do a proper photoshoot since Kayla's Coverdoll one. I won't bore you with the details, lets just say real life has a habit of getting in the way. Anyway, here's one to tease you until her next shoot.

*Click on the image for higher res
1603-2018-0928880826288914406.jpeg
1603-2018-0928880826288914406.jpeg (441.07 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Looking forward to seeing photos of your lady when she arrives.
Have fun,
G

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Sorry, I've missed these ones:

Truly amazing!
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

I have been loving your work with this model from the start. This latest is just fantastic! Bravo!
Attachments
1603-2018-0928880826288914406.jpeg
1603-2018-0928880826288914406.jpeg (441.07 KiB) Viewed 1560 times

DoctorDuke
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DoctorDuke »

[quote="gdy67"]So Kayla arrived and changed my life almost a year ago to the day......... I still remember it like it was yesterday.

To celebrate, here's one of the very first photos I took on that fateful night. A few thousand pics later it's still one of my favourites and brings back so many wonderful memories :D

Hi - great series of photos. So beautiful and erotic - like the BW series the most. And the many outfits! She looks very good in nylons and corsets. She has a spectacular behind and face.

I am getting a new DS Ex-Lite next week. I am also getting the closed-eye version of the Kayla head. Any advice on care and use and taking pictures?

Thanks
Attachments
Kalya ExLite DAY1.jpeg
Kalya ExLite DAY1.jpeg (51.92 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

DoctorDuke2 wrote:Hi - great series of photos. So beautiful and erotic - like the BW series the most. And the many outfits! She looks very good in nylons and corsets. She has a spectacular behind and face.

I am getting a new DS Ex-Lite next week. I am also getting the closed-eye version of the Kayla head. Any advice on care and use and taking pictures?

Thanks
Hi DoctorDuke2, thanks for the kind words. I don't think you'll be disappointed when your girl arrives.

With regard to care, use and taking photos, there's a few things to be aware off as she's completely different to a TPE or silicone doll. In no particular order:

1) I've had Kayla for over a year and have never had a problem with dark clothes or lingerie staining her skin.

2) She requires very little maintenance, no powdering necessary, just a gentle wipe down with a damp cloth every couple of months, and then dried off with a paper towel.

3) Her range of motion is limited. She's not as athletic as her TPE or silicone sisters. I've pushed her to her limits in some of my shoots. Follow the printed instructions that DS provide and you should be ok. DO NOT raise her arms more than 80° from her body. If you do the PU foam at her armpits will split.

4) Take your time to get to know how her skeleton works by practicing posing her.

5) In bed, you also need to take your time and be gentle. Again, take your time to find what works for you.

6) DO NOT use the little yellow thing on her neck connector, you'll never get the head off!

7) However, I do use the little yellow connectors on her arm and leg joints. The smaller ones are for her legs. If you don't use them, the arms and legs will fall off when you move her.

8 ) when taking the arms and legs off, DO NOT try and pull them off if you've used the little yellow pins, you'll risk spliting the PU skin. Instead use a large flat head screwdriver and wedge it between the plastic plates of the joints. Then gently twist the screwdriver 90° and the limbs will seperate easily.

9) The PU skin doesn't take powdered make up. Instead, use eye liner pencils for make up and rub it in with your finger. To remove it, just use normal make up remover wipes. If in doubt, practice on back of the head where it is covered by a wig.

10) she wears size EU36 shoes/boots. Do yourself a favour and get a pair of platform heels. In her Demonia 804's
Kayla stand at over 5'10"!

11) For photo shoots she's a UK size 4 or 6 dress/blouse. If you are in the uk, Primark size 4 fits perfectly.

12) I get most of her outfits from thrift stores / charity shops. Don't forget the little accesories, rings, braclets, necklaces, belts, sun glasses etc. They make all the difference for shoots.

13) She's so realistically proportioned, you won't have any difficulty finding clothes that fit. The down side of that however is that you're are gonna need a bigger wardrobe!

14) Think about setting up your girl with her own social media account. There's quite a few dolls on the forum that have their own twitter and instagram pages. Kayla's are:
https://instagram.com/kayladollx
https://twitter.com/kayladollx

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Can't wait to see your pics,

G

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

I've been neglecting this girl for far too long!

Here's a couple of sneaky peeks from today's shoot.
20180407_175549.jpg
20180407_175549.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1459 times
20180407_175618.jpg
20180407_175618.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1459 times
More tomorrow.
G

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Your pictures are wonderful. Thank you,and, your beautiful Kayla!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS