betterlovedoll.com

Brie in "Wonderland" - Halloween 2017 Photoset

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Brie in "Wonderland" - Halloween 2017 Photoset

Post by JunkGuy »

I said I wouldn't do the bunny outfit again this year, so Brie and I instead happily present you with this year's Halloween set, Wonderland.

We all know the story. (Or at least Disney's view of it since they mixed up the books.) With Brie's long blonde hair and sweet innocence it was obvious she'd make the perfect Alice and we couldn't resist it as this year's Halloween theme. We dearly hope you enjoy this short trip down the rabbit hole.

A Story Like a Dream

Image Image Image Image Image

Chasing the White Rabbit

Image Image
Image Image Image Image

A Smile to Remember

Image Image
Image Image

Food for Thought

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Riddles and Tea

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Card Games

Image Image

Through the Looking Glass

This set may also be viewed at The Doll Album

For those that don't know Brie, she is a WM Dolls 165K Full Figure TPE doll with WM head #74 in natural skintone with blue eyes and long, light blonde hair. You can find out more about her in her introduction thread in my signature. Apologies if you've not seen our previous photosets as they were posted on the WM Dolls board, but all are available on our Doll Album Gallery. Our first true photoset was for Halloween last year so this marks something of an anniversary. And its been quite a year. Things learned about posing the doll, especially eyes and hands, and about photography itself regarding lighting and shadows. Things we're happy about, things we wished we'd done differently, and things to improve. I hope our second year of photosets continues to build on the foundation already set.

My personal goal for this photoshoot was to experiment with backgrounds. I purchased a hanging backdrop stand a few months back and had been eager to try it. Some of it worked well, some of it didn't (I should have clamped to the sides as well to pull the fabric taut.) I also wanted to build upon my story telling with photos and this was something you likely would all recognize. If it brought a smile to your face, I have done my job. There's also a little bit more digital editing in this set than I prefer to do (because I'm not that great at it) but unavoidable for the Cheshire Cat's smile and it's hanging wires, for the Drink Me mini-Brie, and the reflecting image (thanks to too much camera flash on the original photos.)

Brie's outfit tries to stay true to the mental image we all have of Alice, made famous by the Disney movie. Her blue dress is a medium sized, long sleeve cocktail dress with U-shaped neckline from Amazon. I didn't want to go sexy for this shoot, as Alice is supposed to be a child so I kept the clothing modest. The white pinafore also came from Amazon but the design I got looks different than the stock photos. I rather like what I got more, as it seems more like Alice's outfit. It's a one-size fits all apron, but it was pretty tight at her bust so I couldn't tie it as tightly as I wanted around her waist. To give the outfit a bit of a Victorian-era flair, I added some lace wrist cuffs. She's also wearing white stockings under her dress. These glasses are the same blues I used in the Star-Spangled set - all her glasses are cheap reader models found at discount stores (Dollar Tree for this pair.) I added black pair in her pinafore pocket on a whim. There's no sense having pockets without something in them, and it looked better than a pen. Her heart pendant was a birthday present found at local thrift store and it seemed like the perfect, simple piece of single ornamentation Alice would wear.

The Alice-themed props were also found on Amazon. The Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter's Hat were Disney Store collection items and I returned those after the shoot, careful to photograph from angles that would not require me removing any labels or tags. I couldn't really imagine ever using them again. The white rabbit is just a standard child's toy though and we decided to keep it because its cute.

Brie wore Kleancolor Madly Matte #13 Dragon Fruit for this shoot, which is a lovely fuchsia color I've used before. I touched up her eyebrows once again with an Ultra Fine brown Sharpie beforehand. Her eye makeup is still factory standard but I did straighten out her eyelashes a bit by wetting some thin cardboard pieces and using a paperclip to hold the cardboard around her lashes for a few hours while it dried and this helped reign in some of the lashes that had curved out of line with the others. As always, I use Von Rubber's Teeth & Tongue inserts, including a pair of pieces recently modified in her mouth, along with the occasional black Lego piece for spacing.

Feel free to ask any questions. And Happy Halloween everyone!

PT9045

Re: Brie in "Wonderland" - Halloween 2017 Photoset

Post by PT9045 »

Hottie alert. Love seeing Brie's photo shoots. Big fan. Thanks for sharing

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Brilliant stuff!

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

(with raised eyebrow and my Spock voice...) "Fascinating."
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I can't even comprehend the time and effort you put into this. Well done!! Also, lets face it, Brie is no anorexic Twiggy chic. I appreciate the physical exertion you must have put forth as well. I'm guessing you two slept well afterwards...
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Dolly Dearest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dolly Dearest »

Nice photo shoot. You really put some time and effort into this. Well done. :thumbs_up:

I love Alice in Wonderland, both the cartoon movie and those newer movies with Johnny Depp. :) That's why I named my doll Alice, since she's so small. :wink:
My blog:
https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog
My doll videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7nBz ... 3Cw/videos
https://xhamster.com/users/dollydearest/videos
My dolls:
Vanessa, WM140 D-cups with heads WM #36, WM #46 & WM #233, tan skin (TPE)
Alice, WM100 D-cups with anime & lovely head, natural skin (TPE)
Isabell, Z-onedoll 160 with head A32, pink skin (Silicone)
Booberella, YourDoll 150 O-cups with heads WM #47 & YL #188, light tan skin (TPE)

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

nice photo story and a cute bunny as well glad you are keeping him brie needs a pet.

carlys_guy

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Nice shoot. I love the glasses.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

Brie's photo shoots are consistently getting better and better. Well done, sir. Now for part two: the Jabberwocky.
Meet Claire - 145cm (4' 9") TPE D-cup from RLSD
Claire's Photo Album

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

The Romantic wrote:I can't even comprehend the time and effort you put into this. Well done!! Also, lets face it, Brie is no anorexic Twiggy chic. I appreciate the physical exertion you must have put forth as well. I'm guessing you two slept well afterwards...
Actually I was pretty sore and didn't sleep well at all that night. Brie is rather heavy (77lbs without clothes on) and with all these poses and backgrounds to keep exchanging, this was by far the longest photoshoot we'd ever done. We started about 11 in the morning and didn't finish until 10:30 at night. That doesn't count furniture moving and setup or makeup appliance earlier in the morning. It really was an all day event. I'm always nervous the night before a shoot, too, so that was two nights in a row of poor sleep. The next night I was out around 8:30pm.
:sleeping:

Worth it though. Thanks everyone for kind words.

Erika wrote:I love the glasses.
I love girls with glasses. I admit it. I don't think its quite a fetish since I don't want to do anything sexual with the glasses, I just find them uncannily sexy. Wasn't this way when I was young, but sometime in my later 20s I found I was more attracted to women with glasses than without. Maybe I equate them with intelligence or inquisitiveness? I'm not sure and can't really explain it. All I know is that when Brie came into my life, I knew she had to be bespectacled. She had two pairs waiting for her when she arrived, and now she has eleven - a color and style for just about any occasion.

Arokh wrote:Now for part two: the Jabberwocky.
Yikes. 8O I have absolutely no idea how I'd pull that off. I think I'll keep it simpler than that, like what to buy for sexy Christmas clothing.

Also, this is one of my most favorite props I've ever used. I wasn't sure how to pull off the Eat Me, Drink Me part until I discovered a narrow clear plastic container with cap that I trimmed down with saw and painted on light blue lines to match some glassware I have. Yeah it only shows up in two photos but this little thing, along with the simulated low ceiling (a piece of posterboard covered in the same material), completely sold the Giant Brie illusion. Not every trick requires a digital solution.
A Different Type of Glasses for Brie
A Different Type of Glasses for Brie
a_different_type_of_glasses.jpg (87.75 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
If you're curious, the drink was actually a Diet A&W Root Beer. The Eat Me food was a Little Debbie Donut Cake.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Wow JG ... I gotta tip my cap ... Incredible job putting this together :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: ... right down to the 17 embedded links you provided in your text. 8O
Brie deserves a Kiss :razz: :whistle: :glou:

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by The Doll Laboratory »

Hello JunkGuy,

Wow! 8O

This is one of the most ambitious photo shooting I’ve seen on TDF! Somehow I think the photos would look even more spectacular presented in a comic format. :wink:

Von Rubber
The Doll Laboratory Stories - Erotic Comic featuring my Dolls
Teeth&Tongue set 4.0 - Add expressions to your Doll

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Superb sets Junk Guy, one hell of a lot of work but look at the results, well worth it. Brie's outfit is lovely and I'm sure you'll be able to use it again. The accessories you've used are fantastic, love that hat, I don't think I could return that amazing Cheshire Cat. The effects are very nicely done and you've told the story too. Amazing job and such a lovely set of photographs for the family album.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

JunkGuy wrote:If it brought a smile to your face, I have done my job.
Wow! Mission accomplished! This was a truly ambitious shoot, and you both did a fantastic job. I’m really blown away with the creativity, the backdrops, and the prop glasses you hand painted to maintain illusion. Very well done, JG! Kudos also for not falling into the trap of sexing everything up; it would have diminished all the details, IMHO.

This was an inspirational effort. Thank you for all the work to bring it to life for us. Happy Halloween!

Please also give my kindest regards to Alice Brie. ;-)

INFORMATIONS