betterlovedoll.com

Brie in "Yours, All Year Long" - New Years 2018 Photoset

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Chastity_Knite
Doll
Doll

Re: Brie in "Yours, All Year Long" - New Years 2018 Photoset

Post by Chastity_Knite »

Happy New Year Junkguy and Brie.
Brie looks great in those shots. I'd show those to my Sammy Poo, but I don't want to have him distracted.
“HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM. (Death)”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Chastity Knite's family and back story
Sammy and Me talking
Chastity on the Doll Matrix
Chastity on the Doll Album

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

2018 a great year to keep a breast of :whistle: have fun!

STUDZOF
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by STUDZOF »

JunkGuy wrote:I previously stated that I did not want to do another Christmas photoset, having done one already in 2016. Always seeking something different, Brie and I went for a New Years celebration theme this time. We hope you enjoy it and hope that the rest of your 2018 be just as bright.

The entire 62 image set can be viewed at The Doll Album.

11_02.jpg
11_06.jpg
11_15.jpg
11_27.jpg
11_29.jpg
11_40.jpg
11_48.jpg
11_53.jpg
11_56.jpg
11_59.jpg

To introduce her to new fans, Brie is a WMDolls 165K TPE doll with WM #74 head in natural skintone with blue eyes and long, light blonde hair. Check my signature line below to find out more about her or if you want to see our earlier photoshoots.

Most of Brie's outfit and all our props all came from Party City. Her shawl and panties which were purchased from Amazon, and her glasses which are basic readers found at a local discount store. The bracelet trio is something I found at my local Belk store on Black Friday, when they have jewelry like this for 70% off. Brie wears Kleancolor Madly Matte lipsticks, and we opted for one of her favorites, #13 Dragon Fruit, again for this set. Her areolae were also touched up with #7 Apricot prior to starting. VonRubber's Teeth&Tongue set was utilized in many photos of the set as well.

With such a black-heavy outfit I was worried about staining but really didn't have any problems except for the feather boa, which blackened her hands pretty well but was easily wiped off. It also explains why the boa disappears early in the set - I was going to bring it back after the shawl was dropped but thought better of it. I've never worked in black before so I'm pleased how this turned out.

Given previous lighting difficulties photographing indoors, this was my first attempt at using my new softbox lighting kit, which really helped give even lighting and reduce shadows - except where I wanted them, like in her cleavage. Thanks go out to the more experienced photographers who responded to my PMs and helped me settle on this size of kit. I maybe could have gone for one size smaller though.

I don't recommend throwing confetti on your doll. I wanted the shot, but it was a terrible effort to clean up, and I'm still finding pieces around the house over a week later. I though the bag had only large pieces but most were very tiny and I had to carefully use the vacuum to suck them up off of Brie's skin and my floor, and comb them out of her hair. So just enjoy my photo and don't try to replicate it. :wink:

Feel free to ask me or Brie any questions or leave any comments, including constructive criticism. And Happy New Year!

STUDZOF
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by STUDZOF »

SIMPLY WONDERFUL

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Thanks all. Sorry I've been sick the last week and unable to give due appreciation.

As always, Brie adores the attention. Let us know if you love a particular photo or have ideas. We may redo favorite poses or incorporate your ideas into a future shoot.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Glad to hear you're feeling better, JG. :)

I couldn't even pick a favorite in this batch. Brie is so sexy-librarian hot! :D She's the first girl to make me appreciate giant boobs... :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

subcom117
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by subcom117 »

Hi JG and Brie,
I have enjoyed viewing all the photos you have posted in this photoshoot. Brie is a darling and looks beautiful. I really like the different shades of color in her hair. I see many different poses and I can only imagine how much work it takes to dress and pose her in all these different shots. These shots really create a unique personality for her.
Thanks for sharing her with us.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Actually still struggling with illlness. Was good that day, but regressed a bit since.

Broven wrote:I couldn't even pick a favorite in this batch.
I'm pleased with a set like this where there's several "keepers". But favorite wasn't even a close contest for me this time around. This one by a mile. I wish I'd spread her hair out a bit more, but otherwise it's exactly as I'd planned it.

subcom117 wrote:I really like the different shades of color in her hair. I see many different poses and I can only imagine how much work it takes to dress and pose her in all these different shots.
I don't think there's that much difference in the shading of her hair - no more than wigs I see others use. Although this one did come white and I colored with yellow ink to get just the right shade. This is actually the third of such wigs, and the first time this one has made an appearance in a photoshoot. One is reserved as her normal wearer and as such, is the oldest, most worn out, and looks a little whiter than the two reserved for photos. The one used in this set has a slightly larger skull cap for some reason that the other two and I never got around to using it becuase it didn't fit as well on its own. The tiara helped hide this fact this time around though.

This photoshoot wasn't as exhausting as the last several. It was indoors so I didn't get sunburned like in late June or eaten up by bugs like in August. And I didn't have to change out the background or so radically change the poses as I did in October. This time, it was just having her stand in place, maybe turn around a few times, and otherwise just twist her torso and work her arms and head, and the requisite swap outs of mouth peices and redirecting the eyes, which aren't all that hard. Usually I'm wiped out by the end of a shoot. Not only did I finish this one by early evening, I had energy to spare to cleanup all the mess (including confetti everywhere), rest up overnight, and be ready to dress her up and haul her back down stairs again for a whole series of gift exchange photos the next morning on Christmas Day.

INFORMATIONS