betterlovedoll.com

Lynne - Out And About!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Lynne - Out And About!

Post by Muninn »

Just arrived home from the weekend's Doll Meet, and I've got lots of photos to post-process and tidy up. We had a real mix of weather over the weekend - plenty of rain and wind for the Friday and Saturday. Sunday was a bit better, and so we all managed to get some outdoor shots in between showers.

Today was the day for us all to head home, and frustratingly it was all blue skies and sunshine! Luckily there was no rush to get home, so we took a random scenic route home. We found ourselves in the beautiful Elan Valley, where there are several Victorian dams and reservoir lakes. One particular dam was in full flow because of the weekend's rain, and as we parked by the viewpoint, Lynne gave me that "Go on, I dare you!" look from the passenger seat. I agreed that if there was enough battery in the camera we could try - so, long story short - here's our first go at an "in public" doll photo! We rushed it a little, and we only got 5 shots before the battery failed, but I reckon it's a good 'un!
IMG_1006e.jpg
IMG_1006e.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 1303 times
I'm hoping that we get a little braver and try some more in other places, it was actually good fun :D
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

Unknown03
Former Member

Re: Lynne - Out And About!

Post by Unknown03 »

Great photo! I bet that felt liberating to be able to pose and photograph the beautiful Lynne outdoors "in public." I look forward to being able to do the same with Luna in a few weeks. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos from your adventure together! Thank you for sharing them with us. :)

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

Yeahhhhh! Frickin awesome. Love the sunglasses!

Psion

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

Beautiful!
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Great photo, enjoy "out and about" photos,

Lynne is gorgeous and looks like she enjoys the great outdoors.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Thank you, it sure was a thrill, and it certainly won't be the last out and about photos I try.

I've got another one that came out ok but needs a little post-processing. But I also took a few random photos with my phone when the camera died (mainly non-doll shots for social media etc.), and going through them, I found this one that made me laugh. Sorry about the crap quality as it taken through a less than clean windscreen, but it's almost like she's saying "Let me OUT!" :D
DSC_0154.jpg
DSC_0154.jpg (544.97 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!

DollLover2003

Post by DollLover2003 »

Beautiful photo by the dam!Thanks for sharing :)

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

excellent pic by the dam can't wait to see the ones from the meet. she does seem unhappy still being in the car while you are out of it.

carlys_guy

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

That's a great photo by the dam. I think a casual passerby wouldn't realize she's a doll unless they stopped for a bit and saw how still she's standing. Same goes for the pic behind the wheel. Since she's dressed like any woman would dress, it enhances the realism.

I have to admit it's a bit of a fantasy of mine to see if I could transport and photograph dolls in public without anyone else figuring out that she's a doll. I'd likely need a wheelchair and would have to tell anyone who asked that she has a medical problem that causes her to sit still. She'd have to wear sunglasses of course.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

carlys_guy wrote:excellent pic by the dam can't wait to see the ones from the meet. she does seem unhappy still being in the car while you are out of it.
Yes, I think she was enjoying her time out of the house after being in for so long. It was sad to leave and go home after a lovely weekend, so the scenic route home was a rewarding consolation.

I think I'll have a set of photos good for posting in the next couple of days :)
Sekhmet wrote:That's a great photo by the dam. I think a casual passerby wouldn't realize she's a doll unless they stopped for a bit and saw how still she's standing. Same goes for the pic behind the wheel. Since she's dressed like any woman would dress, it enhances the realism.
I was a bit worried when I pulled into the parking area - there was a few cars already there, but most were just left there while people were walking up the valley. One older guy did walk along the path as I was running back to the car to drop off my camera (giving me free hands for her). He noticed Lynne, probably saw her as any other person leaning up against the fence having a rest, and so stopped about 20 metres away to take a photo through another gap in the trees. I greeted him, and said that if he wanted a better shot, I'll go and pick up my "model" in a moment. He said it wasn't a problem as the view was good there also. At this point I think he noticed she hadn't moved a muscle, so said to him that she was the perfect model in that I can take as long as I like for the perfect shot, provided I carry her back to the car! He laughed and said "I guess she doesn't need paying either?".

Several people did spot her in the car, both parked there and out and about that weekend. I couldn't be bothered boxing her up, so made her look normal, put sunglasses on her, and let her ride shotgun. Spotted a couple of people doing a double take, like when parked up at the motorway services, and in a queue of traffic the woman in the car in front took a photo through her rear view mirror(!)... but in general people didn't really notice or make a scene.

I was more worried about getting her home unnoticed, thankfully once the car is in the driveway she is fairly well hidden, unless my neighbour looks out of the upstairs window. But I think I got away with it.

Give it a go, there's a bit of an adrenaline rush, but it sure is fun!
(They/Them)

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

That’s a fun story. Thanks for sharing and the outdoor pic!

INFORMATIONS