sexyrealsexdolls.com

How To PM

Need some help in finding your way around TDF? Want to know the short cuts? BBCode support? Using images in your posts? It's all here.
carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: How To PM

Post by carver »

This thread has been useful in explaining what happens to a PM, but doesn't say how to send one! I'm sure its mighty simple but I can not find a link to send a PM to a member. Where is it?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Okay, here we go :D

There are three options:

1. Replying to a post by PM: click the PM button on the bottom left of the post.

2. Sending a PM to a specific member: click the PM button in the profile page of that member. How to go to the profile page: click profile on the bottom left of a post by that member or click on the name of the member (this works in forum lists and on the index page), or use the members link on the top right of the screen and next use find a member (again almost top right).

3. Sending a PM to one or more members: click new messages on the top left of the screen. Click Compose message. Type the full correct username of the recipients. To send a PM to a group, select the specific group, this can be used to send a PM to a specific group of staff members.

Remember, you should have five posts approved before you are able to send PMs.

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

why thank you nesico50. I hope somebody else learned something too. and thanks for the rapid response. I'm gonna go try it.

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Now that I think I know how to send a PM, I am having difficulties with the search tool. I just did a search for 'Nesico50' , he who was kind enough to provide me with PMing details and it came up 'No match for criteria' or something like that. So, now it turns out I don't know how to search either? Whats up?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

carver wrote:Now that I think I know how to send a PM, I am having difficulties with the search tool. I just did a search for 'Nesico50' , he who was kind enough to provide me with PMing details and it came up 'No match for criteria' or something like that. So, now it turns out I don't know how to search either? Whats up?
Maybe it's the typo*, unfortunately our search engine doesn't do a 'sounds like' search :wink:
And I have to admit, sometimes the search engine doesn't find what I'm looking for :whistle:

*My screenname is Nescio50, Nescio is latin for I don't know, and also used in Nomen Nescio or NN in legal stuff to denote that the person's name is unknown. And for the locals here, he was a famous Dutch writer early 20th Century.

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Thank you nesico50, patience and practice should work

p+sensel
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by p+sensel »

good stuff

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Are personal messages sent to the receiver's regular email or can the message only be viewed when the receiver logs onto the forum? I mean, would the person be able to receive the message if they never log on?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Are personal messages sent to the receiver's regular email or can the message only be viewed when the receiver logs onto the forum? I mean, would the person be able to receive the message if they never log on?
The recipient can only view a PM if logged on to TDF.
By default the recipient will receive an email notification that he received a new PM. This notification includes sender and subject, but not the body of the PM.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Thanks Nescio! :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Lahme
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lahme »

Very usefull, thanks!

DDuro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DDuro »

This was helpful. Thanks.