sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to link a post

Need some help in finding your way around TDF? Want to know the short cuts? BBCode support? Using images in your posts? It's all here.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

How to link a post

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

How does one post a link to another post?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: How to link a post

Post by dolldoer »

Simple, Copy the web address and paste in your reply
example being this post...
"http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=84842"
which will show as http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=84842
It will automatically turn into a clickable link.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

To get the URL for a specific post within a topic, right click the "sheet of paper" icon I've highlighted:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.99 KiB) Viewed 6974 times
A context menu will pop up, and then you can choose "Copy Link Location". Here's an example (a link to the first post in this thread):
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p1099642

You can also drag the icon up to your browser's navigation bar, where it will be converted to the same URL.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

I've been trying and not having much luck. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. :(
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

hey zzzz, thanks for the tip. The page icon also blinks on every post. Right click inside address bar for the entire thread, then copy or right click the blinking page for just that post and copy.

dollover
Former Member

Post by dollover »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I've been trying and not having much luck. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. :(

Perhaps you need to put the URL-tags first. Then typing / copying your url ?
1. Place URL-tags
url_1.jpg
2. Type or copy your url inside the tags
url_2.jpg
3. Do a preview with a preview button to see the url and possibility to check it
url_3.jpg

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I've been trying and not having much luck. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. :(
Where are you stuck, specifically? Were you able to get the URL from the post you wanted?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I'm typing the title of the post inside of the URL tags, but no link is being created. :? Perhaps I should be typing in the URL number for that specific post instead? :idea:
I'll try it that way and see what happens. If I don't have any luck this time then I will throw a major temper tantrum with lots of cuss words! :x I have found that if you cuss at something long enough, you will usually get results! :wink:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I give up! :bad-words:
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! If I'm typing in the correct URL address, then it's not showing as a clickable link. :?
If this stuff is easy, then I must be really fucking dumb! :(
But thank's to everyone anyway. I'm just a lost cause. :puppydogeyes:

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

You shouldn't try to type anything yourself.
1. When you right click the post icon and choose "Copy Link Location" from the popup menu, the address will be copied to your computer's clipboard.
2. Then right click in the post you are writing, and choose "Paste".
3. Highlight the text you just pasted, then hit the "URL" button (it's under the green smiley). When you're done (but before you hit submit), it will look like this:

Code: Select all

[url]http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1099642#p1099642[/url]

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

This is more complicated than I thought! 8O
Clipboard? I was too embarrassed to ask what that was, so I looked it up. :oops: It would appear to be some sort of app that can be downloaded? Well I tried to download it and............ nothing. :?
If the download was successful, then I have no idea where it went. :?:
I guess I should stop wasting everyone's time. :oops: At this point, it should be apparent that I don't work in the tech industry! :wink: Now I'm off to work on my hangover! :drinking:

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

If you can find it, uninstall that "clipboard" program you downloaded - you don't need it.

Most every operating system already has a virtual "clipboard" - Windows, Linux, Android, iPhone, etc.

When you copy text, it's held in the operating system "clipboard" until you're ready to paste it somewhere else. That's all I was saying.

I do work in IT and probably speak in jargon more than I realize, so sorry about that.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

ZZZZ wrote:If you can find it, uninstall that "clipboard" program you downloaded - you don't need it.

Most every operating system already has a virtual "clipboard" - Windows, Linux, Android, iPhone, etc.

When you copy text, it's held in the operating system "clipboard" until you're ready to paste it somewhere else. That's all I was saying.

I do work in IT and probably speak in jargon more than I realize, so sorry about that.
No you're fine. And I really do appreciate the help. :thumbs_up: It's just that I'm kind of slow with tech stuff as I'm an old fart who didn't grow up with it and never learned about it in school.
In fact, I only recently learned how to post pictures. Which I thought I would never be able to do. So maybe I'll figure this out someday as well.
I had a book on how to use Windows 10, but I can't find it at the moment. But in the meantime, where would I be able to access the clipboard? Not being able to access it seems to be my biggest road block.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

To access the clipboard contents you can do any of the following:
a) Right click your mouse in a text box, then select "Paste" from the menu that pops up.
b) Hit the "Context Menu" key (it's on the right half of the keyboard, between the "Windows" key and "Ctrl" key), then select "Paste" from the menu that pops up.
c) Hold down the "Ctrl" key, then while you're holding it, hit the "v" key to paste. Tip: if you hold down the left "Ctrl" key with your left pinky, you can hit "c" (copy) and "v" (paste) with your left index finger.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Ok I might be on the right track as I have at been able to post a link to this same post. :D
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1100315
I'm still not sure what I did, so I may have to do this a few times to get the hang of it. The real trick will be trying to link to a completely different part of the forum. I'll give it a try and report back. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS