www.wmdolls.com

Looking for 2nd opinion on website:

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
Jhonny D

Looking for 2nd opinion on website:

Post by Jhonny D »

Hi, I'm new to this, so not sure how to spot a scam.
http: the perfect girlfriend . sex
<email address removed>
They offer brand-name dolls, as well as "generic" versions ~$200 cheaper.
I looked through a few pages on these forums, and found nothing so far.
Last edited by Nescio50 on Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: disabled the link, no need to give them traffic

ghostman1001
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Looking for 2nd opinion on website:

Post by ghostman1001 »

Jhonny D wrote:Hi, I'm new to this, so not sure how to spot a scam.
http: the perfect girlfriend . sex
<email address removed>
They offer brand-name dolls, as well as "generic" versions ~$200 cheaper.
I looked through a few pages on these forums, and found nothing so far.
While the subject of legit sites
what about the sellers on eBay
some list a TPE doll for $200, and there is no way you can get one for that?
looks as thou that take pics from legit sites?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Jhonny D, if you're looking for a quality product, stick with the vendors TDF lists here. They've all been properly vetted and verified.

If you really don't care about quality, just curious about dolls and willing to take the chance. Go for it. It's a crap shoot though. Might wind up with something decent, might get a toxic mess of chemicals that falls apart in a week or two.

Me, I love to save a buck. Cheapskate all the way. However, I hate to waste money even more than I hate spending too much. Just not worth it to me. Not when there's a vetted list of vendors at my disposal that are more than willing to help perspective buyers and almost always running some sort of promotion.

alc123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by alc123 »

This is a twist I haven't seen before. Under Returns we read:
  • We take product quality extremely seriously, every doll is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving our studio.
  • If there appears to be a defect or damage upon arrival, please contact us immediately at [E-mail address]. If the dolls is unused, we will honor a full refund of the doll + shipping to return the doll.
  • Please read our Terms of Service for more information.
Sound good, right? But if you check out the Terms of Service, they take it all back:

Description of Services:
  • We provide Services via the Website to assist Users (“Buyers”) seeking to purchase sex dolls and associated products (collectively, the “Products”).
  • The Website operates as a neutral venue allowing other Users who are manufacturers, distributors, and/or direct sellers (collectively, the “ Sellers”) of Products to advertise and offer their Products for sale to Buyers via the Website’s interface.
  • The Website further allows Buyers to research, search or shop for, customize, order, and purchase the Products offered by the Sellers. Buyers may, but need not, create accounts and purchase Products from the Sellers via the website.
  • While Sales transactions may be effectuated directly through the TPGF Website, TPGF merely promotes and advertises Products for sale, serves as a point of contact between Sellers and Buyers, facilitates the exchange of information between Sellers and Buyers, assist Buyers in facilitating payments and transmitting funds to Sellers, and assisting Buyers and Sellers with logistical matters. Unless otherwise stated, TPGF does not own, keep in inventory, or manage any Products listed on the Website, nor is TPGF ever a party to any contract between Buyer and Seller for the sale or purchase of any Products listed on the Website. TPGF serves only as a platform for the purpose of facilitating and coordinating payments, shipments, and communication between Buyers and Sellers.
  • While TPGF works closely with Sellers and takes steps to verify their legitimacy, TPGF is not a party to the transaction(s) between Buyers and Sellers. As such, TPGF has no control over:
    • The origin or authenticity of any Products advertised or offered on the Website;
    • The legal or regulatory compliance of any sale of Products;
    • The ability of Sellers to sell Products;
    • The method, form, delivery of shipped Products;
    • The use, misuse, or defects of Products; or
    • The acts or omissions of Sellers.
Anyone who doesn't bother to read the terms of service could buy a product on this web site and think they were buying from TPGF. The product listings don't identify the seller. The payment for the product goes to TPGF. (The web site states that the payment shows up as "TPGF Shop" on your credit card statement.)

In my opinion, what's happening is this: TPGF is attempting to mislead buyers. They disclose the truth in their terms of service in order to make it harder to prosecute them for fraud. They are assuming that most people won't bother to read the Terms of Service even after being told to do so, allowing them to mislead people despite the disclosure contained in the Terms of Service.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

alc123 wrote: ....
Anyone who doesn't bother to read the terms of service could buy a product on this web site and think they were buying from TPGF. The product listings don't identify the seller. The payment for the product goes to TPGF. (The web site states that the payment shows up as "TPGF Shop" on your credit card statement.)

In my opinion, what's happening is this: TPGF is attempting to mislead buyers. They disclose the truth in their terms of service in order to make it harder to prosecute them for fraud. They are assuming that most people won't bother to read the Terms of Service even after being told to do so, allowing them to mislead people despite the disclosure contained in the Terms of Service.
I think most doll vendors, even the ones in the TDF are doing just this. They are just middle men between the factories and customers. Customers place orders, vendors get money, then pass the order to the factory. Vendor themselves don't store dolls for inventory, unless they got returns. The term of the website is fair IMHO. Most websites won't let you return dolls, even they are unused.

Now I am moving on to the problems of the website, there are just quite a few.
* Root domain name is "sex"? Why not ".com"? Well, because ".sex" sells I guess. :lol: The domain name is actually more expensive than ".com". However, their emails will be easily banned or labeled as spams. Don't know why the owner use ".sex" and a long long name. Bad decision on him/her.
* The store owner forgot to pay for the privacy settings for the website, so now I know his/her name, address and the telephone. Not so smart. :wink:
* Website certificate only valid for 3 months. I think this is the fault of Shopify, but a short certification like that is really a red flag. Most people here don't care, but I do.
* The owner use feet instead of cm, which will cause some confusions. Not a big problem, but the bigger problem is the specifications. They are very poorly done. They look ugly and unprofessional.
* There is no options for eye color, vagina insert, standing feet, hollow or solid breast and wigs. You don't really know what you are getting.
* No description for each doll. Only a name. Can you fall in love with a doll with a name only? I highly doubt it. The photos are not very good either.
* Lots of dolls have no mention of any add-on or things inside the box. Again, no idea what you are getting.
* It has "Hours of Operation", but offer no phone numbers. Seems useless.

I am not saying this website is a fraud. Just stating that the web design need much improvement. The owner can do more effort to make it better. The competition for online world is fierce. The price is not the only thing matters. Especially in the dolls world, trustworthy is much more important than price.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

For sure... Vendors are drop shippers. they are not overseeing the making of dolls, they only make the sale, email a form to maker, then once the doll is made they are contacted by maker with tracking information ,,and , they the vendor email you the tracking.

If your a first time buyer it's the best way to go. If you have and know dolls, it's just as easy to contact maker direct, and you can get a better discount. By passing the vendors % .
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

INFORMATIONS