www.wmdolls.com

Been Scammed - Need Advice

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Been Scammed - Need Advice

Post by RGC_0767 »

siliconelover wrote:What exactly is the sellers Return Policy ?

Since this doll is Not shipped and sold by Amazon, you will have to refer and abide by their policy. Amazon is not responsible for 3rd party sellers merchandise returns.
Is this where "Fulfilled by Amazon" comes into play?
I do not shop on there much anymore. Wasted 90 bucks (Canadian site) for Prime.
I usually buy from Fulfilled by Amazon sellers. It's one of many reasons I did not buy a doll there. Plus most sellers reviews were scarce for sellers on Amazon dot CA.
Dolls I was interested in, sellers were not making them available to Canada.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

RGC_0767 wrote: Is this where "Fulfilled by Amazon" comes into play?
Only if the order was, 'Fulfilled by Amazon' which I doubt and doesn't sound like. Fulfilled by Amazon products are those that they stock in their warehouses for sellers which enables them to offer a faster shipping speed and a more secure purchase with Amazon standing behind the transaction.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nosuchusername »

siliconelover wrote:
Only if the order was, fulfilled by Amazon' which I doubt and doesn't sound like. Fulfilled by Amazon products are those that they stock in their warehouses for sellers which enables them to offer a faster shipping speed and a more secure purchase with Amazon standing behind the transaction.
So I think that used to be the case. At some point, Amazon added a guarantee to 3rd party purchases as well under their A-z policy. They guarantee certain things like relatively low shipping time, items being damage free, and perhaps most importantly in this case, that you get what you ordered.

I've heard that they have a three-strike policy for these things. Three successful claims against a seller, and they're booted off Amazon.

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

RGC_0767 wrote:
siliconelover wrote:What exactly is the sellers Return Policy ?

Since this doll is Not shipped and sold by Amazon, you will have to refer and abide by their policy. Amazon is not responsible for 3rd party sellers merchandise returns.
Is this where "Fulfilled by Amazon" comes into play?
I do not shop on there much anymore. Wasted 90 bucks (Canadian site) for Prime.
I usually buy from Fulfilled by Amazon sellers. It's one of many reasons I did not buy a doll there. Plus most sellers reviews were scarce for sellers on Amazon dot CA.
Dolls I was interested in, sellers were not making them available to Canada.
You can get a prorated refund of your Prime fee any time.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Have you asked the seller point blank why he used unauthorized WM photos?
That's the real issue here. I wouldn't drop the claim until he promised to use real photos for the dolls he actually sells. Unauthorized use of WM photos on Amazon needs to be stopped immediately.

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

My humble opinion is the following :

- have a check of the doll (extensive check if possible, try to get in touch with a member near you to share experience etc.) because i agree with some advice that you may have a real good one with no defect for a great price
- the first doll is the doll that will "suffer" your errors at first (we've all done some, for me it was overweight considerations so i couldn't use my first doll as i wanted to and even sell her before enjoying the fullest) so a second hand doll or a cheap one is a rationnal choice as you don't really know where your putting your feet :mrgreen:
- if this amount is significant in regard of your income then go to the full process of returning and so (as some advice)

After, if you decide to keep her for awhile to first learn from the doll world, so be it, you can always sell her later or keep her for another usage (photo model, lamp, flower pot ...).

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

** Joke inside **

your pseudo reminds me of the episode of southpark about WoW :
- how do you kill someone who has no life ?

in our case :
- how do you answer to someone who has no such user name ?

Ok, ok, i go out :mrgreen:

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Don't settle for something you did not pay for.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

siliconelover wrote:
Only if the order was, 'Fulfilled by Amazon' which I doubt and doesn't sound like. Fulfilled by Amazon products are those that they stock in their warehouses for sellers which enables them to offer a faster shipping speed and a more secure purchase with Amazon standing behind the transaction.
Their shipping is fast, but the warehouse is only about an hour away from me.
I've never been unsatisfied with purchases there. Always received what I ordered. Their prices are increasing I think anyway. Cheaper at local store a lot of times.
Ebay, I've been ripped some there, Ebay has been fair. People sell junk that does not work. Paying top buck, darn right I'll prove it doesn't work.
Couple times never got the item. Cannot blame Chinese. It was US sellers :) Bad apples everywhere!!

One member here was not happy with his doll, but in order for him to get a refund, shipping it back would cost more than what he paid for doll :)

viktorsx

Post by viktorsx »

There is a big scam in shippment back paid by buyer ...

Already payed shippment to ...

so it is a scam having buyer pay 2 ways and are at hostage purpose ...

The CH TPE Klondyke Era has to end ! . they have to show certificates of TPE and ship Free Tpe samples . and only get paid when produce delivered and checked :-)

CH Klondyke Doll blow Era has to end ... and that is by establishing a certification and number scheema on dolls produced ...

simple easy if You are a onest manufacturer in a billion dollar industri ...

/V
/* Simplicity is very Complex ... */

nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nosuchusername »

Hey guys,

Again I appreciate all your advice! My Amazon A-z claim was denied today, unfortunately. They didn't specify details, but I suspect its because the seller offered to let me return, and they aren't considering his shady behavior while doing so.

So, I'm left with 3 options: contact Amazon and appeal the decision, re-attempt to return through the seller directly, or maybe sell her on here. I've decided I don't want to keep her, and honestly I'm thinking that the whole endeavor isn't really for me. I know there are legitimate sellers out there, but it's a bit too much hassle for me at this point in my life. Maybe a few years down the road...

I still don't feel particularly comfortable returning through the seller with no guarantees that I'll get my money. Even IF Amazon forces the seller to refund after he receives it, he could easily impose a 50% "restocking" fee with no recourse on my part.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I should move forward, I would love to hear them.

Thanks all!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

nosuchusername wrote:Hey guys,

Again I appreciate all your advice! My Amazon A-z claim was denied today, unfortunately. They didn't specify details, but I suspect its because the seller offered to let me return, and they aren't considering his shady behavior while doing so.

So, I'm left with 3 options: contact Amazon and appeal the decision, re-attempt to return through the seller directly, or maybe sell her on here. I've decided I don't want to keep her, and honestly I'm thinking that the whole endeavor isn't really for me. I know there are legitimate sellers out there, but it's a bit too much hassle for me at this point in my life. Maybe a few years down the road...

I still don't feel particularly comfortable returning through the seller with no guarantees that I'll get my money. Even IF Amazon forces the seller to refund after he receives it, he could easily impose a 50% "restocking" fee with no recourse on my part.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I should move forward, I would love to hear them.

Thanks all!
You are following you gut instinct, and that is good. Doll is not really for you. If you are concerned about not trusting the seller you bought from, maybe you ought to give it a shot selling her on here. It's worth a try.
To return the doll, it is going to cost anyway. You may lose some of your money, but if you get a dedicated buyer here, you'll know it's going to an enthusiast, and you'll recover a good portion of your money.
Ask admin to help you set up for sales here. You may hopefully sell her easily.

shotdot

Post by shotdot »

nosuchusername wrote:...I've seen comparison videos between Racyme and WM, and it's obvious that WM are softer, more durable (in general), and more pleasurable...
Can you please provide a link? The only video that shows up in google is comparison between 140 WM (TPE) vs. 145 Sanhui (silicone). Otherwise, your assertion is incoherent: if TPE is softer, then it would be more prone to tears, and accidental damage. And recognized brand name [such as WMDoll] by itself is not something that would magically fix this fundamental conflict of requirements.

There was a voting thread bind testing genuine WM doll against a knock off
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=97115
The summary is twofold:
- one has to use a microscope to notice the difference
- 17% of voters got it wrong
I would further suggest that a wrong option selection decision (such as standing vs. non-standing feet) might actually have much more significant effect on your doll owning experience, compared to brand name.

To give you an advice, what are you planning to do next, leave the doll hobby scene? Or pursue that $2000 genuine WM doll? If the former, please have in mind that a month later you might change your mind. If the later, then many people here on TDF would assure you that WM Doll might be better than Racyme, but certainly not $1300 better. Therefore, you would likely be disappointed to discover that you went through this whole ordeal to only get marginally better item.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

nosuchusername wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks all!
Return the doll.

I asked before, what is the sellers Return Policy ? If it states you are responsible then what is the problem. Your refund is guaranteed by Amazon but you have to return the item and in a timely manner.

Return the doll. Eat the cost. Move on.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

xxxman122

Post by xxxman122 »

Keep this story updated, please. I am actually curious.

INFORMATIONS