www.wmdolls.com

Stuffing Envelopes is a Scam

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Stuffing Envelopes is a Scam

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Back in the 1970's and 1980's, they used to have ads where you could make money stuffing envelopes.
It certainly sounded legitimate. After all, in the 1970's, businesses would send out lots of advertising. I know, because I would receive a lot of it. Logic would tell you, that somebody has to be doing the mailing. They didn't have machines nor email back then. It wasn't a get rich quick scheme, where you become a millionaire for doing nothing. It sounded like you get a nickel or so for each envelope you stuffed. Maybe you had to address them too, or at least put labels on them. So it certainly seemed like honest work. The other big scam was assembly work. Like mail, somebody had to assemble the products, so it would seem like honest work.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Stuffing Envelopes is a Scam

Post by netwit »

While I agree this was a Scam, I'm not sure it is something we need to Alert members to.
Maybe you had to address them too, or at least put labels on them.
If spoofing existed back then, you would be putting the same label in both the addressee's area and the return address :lol:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

INFORMATIONS